bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things I learned at BT that changed my life  (Read 11200 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Things I learned at BT that changed my life
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »

Hey Friend Gina, my bosom buddy.
Since it is in California and I'm in Indiana, 2000 miles distant,
how about chipping in for the air fare.  ::)
I would be "age lasting" grateful and praise your generosity to one and all.

I-bob

Gina

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »

Oh and I would too!!  Just so I could slap you for putting me on the spot like that.   ;D ;)

Gina

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

Levy - I want to also mention that now I finally have people (you have to admit you're all very cool people  ;) ) I can relate to about what I believe.  And I'm never lonely, even when I am alone, because I have a much deeper relationship with God.

Psalm 69:33 The LORD hears the needy and does not despise his captive people.

Psalm 68:6 God makes a home [family] for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land

Acts 12:7 Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.

Acts 16:26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken.  At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.

Psalm 146:7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free,

Extol

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »

Levy - I want to also mention that now I finally have people (you have to admit you're all very cool people  ;) ) I can relate to about what I believe.  And I'm never lonely, even when I am alone, because I have a much deeper relationship with God.

One of the biggest things I miss about "going to church" is the fellowship. For most of my life, my best friends were people from church (I was homeschooled so I didn't really have "school" friends.) But the spiritual fellowship I receive here is far more valuable than the physical fellowship I had there.  8)

Gina

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »

Wow, Extol.  I will never miss the "church."  I couldn't relate to anyone at any church I ever went to.  The pastor at every church I ever went to never had any problems--oh no.... 

One pastor's biggest problem was that he had a hard time staying away from chocolate cake.  Can you believe that?  Oh surrrree....

But us, the congregation had LOADS of problems -- sexual sin, not tithing, not doing this or that -- we were "good for nothings."   Who else was he going to center his sermons around?  Certainly not the Most High God!   What a ridiculous thought.

Most wouldn't dare ever let their real selves show -- because that would ruin the "show."

As soon as the pastor stopped talking I was outta there.

Extol

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

30 for my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.'

What is "easy" and "light" about that??? It's the doctrines of Christendom that are burdened and laborious..
 What a laborious yoke that was! The yoke of Christ and His love is easy and light, indeed!

light bulb

Thanks.

Thanks be to the Lord.

It's great news, isn't it?  8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.