bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Healthy Godly Marriage  (Read 10171 times)

Gina

Re: A Healthy Godly Marriage
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »

:-*  :)

Ian 155

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »

Congratulations, Eugene!  I am confident that your marriage will teach you many valuable lessons. :)

René

HA Ha ha, Understatement of the century, Rene - we are going on 22yrs in Dec - been difficult most of the time, getting rid of history was our challenge -  understanding woman are to be treated as weaker does not mean they are weak ....

newgene87

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 04:03:34 PM »

thank you Ian! what a great way to see that verse. i will keep that mind that she is NOT weak at all (and she's not  ;D) and take the scriptures at heart.  i see that word "weak", i see ME all in that. Jesus said, "Watch and Pray that you enter not into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the FLESH IS WEAK" (Matthew 26:41). the word is the same in 1 Peter; so she may be the "weakER vessell" but I AM WEAK AS WELL. and the only way i can dwell with her in any kind of strength; is in the strength Jesus GIVES through His spirit. so i will keep that in mind. she may be weaker but i am weak right along with her. I will keep prayer first and foremost in my life in this marriage and learn as i live; that i am too weak to NOT pray and seek the word of the Lord. Paul tell us to "support the weak(er)" (1Th 5:14). and then gives us a mighty principle --- "...God has CHOSEN the weak things of the world to CONFOUND THE 'mighty'..." (1Cor 1:27). OH I LOVE SCRIPTURE!  ;D ;D.

side note; it appears God truly chooses the weak things ('women') of the world to CONFOUND (shame down, disgrace) the MIGHTY (so called men of this age  ::) ::)).  ;D ;D ;D oh the wisdom of God.

again thank you. oh yea, i chose a wedding band that has the full "lord's" prayer inscribed on it  ;D ;D. and i love it. so now i can "literally" WATCH AND PRAY. or maybe i should buy a watch that has the prayer on it.....hmmm..... ::) :P

Gina

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »

side note; it appears God truly chooses the weak things ('women') of the world to CONFOUND (shame down, disgrace) the MIGHTY (so called men of this age  ::) ::)).  ;D ;D ;D oh the wisdom of God.

WOW!  Spoken like a humble man.  You're well on your way to a successful marriage, my friend.

You're gonna be fine!

(Now go have some good "lawful" sex!!  I'm just a little jealous.  >:(  )
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:41:13 PM by Gina »

Revilonivek

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:54 AM »

Congrats on your upcoming marriage!!! pick your battles, Listen often, and of course the  best medicine is unconditional love for your wife, no matter what sins has been committed. depending on the suitation of course..but for most normal problems, some run, some stay, but it is better to fix the problems, big or small, than to run away when it gets too hard and find another.

We need to know we are loved, in spite of the mistakes or choices we make. God does this for us, we should do it for our spouses, our families, our friends, our enemies, and so on... Just be there through good and bad times.

Congrats again!

Denise

gmik

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »

just read your post:

so a belated  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

we have been married 39 years....first rule:::::  DIVORCE IS NOT AN OPTION....BIBLE IS THE RULE BOOK

thats been our code .....also be friends and don't sweat the small stuff (and its all small stuff)

and whatever God Wills....

newgene87

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 02:31:51 AM »

thank you Janine :D :D :D. and again, to all the others for the kind words and advice. i'm really trying to be a godly Husband and good Man  ;D ;D. and sound advice is hard to come by these days

onelovedread

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2012, 09:34:02 AM »

"Little" Brother Shelton
Congratulations. I am praying that you'll have a wonderful wedding and a blessed marriage. Just hang in there, be patient, bite your tongue and rely on the guidance and wisdom of God's spirit.

On a funnier note, I am not sure if a godly Husband and good Man can be the same individual. Hey don't get scared I'm just trying messing with you ;D

With God all things are possible. If you both care for the well-being of each other and really respect each other, things will be fine. He who finds a good wife indeed finds a great gift from God (my paraphrase)

newgene87

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »

"Little" Brother Shelton
Congratulations. I am praying that you'll have a wonderful wedding and a blessed marriage. Just hang in there, be patient, bite your tongue and rely on the guidance and wisdom of God's spirit.

On a funnier note, I am not sure if a godly Husband and good Man can be the same individual. Hey don't get scared I'm just trying messing with you ;D

With God all things are possible. If you both care for the well-being of each other and really respect each other, things will be fine. He who finds a good wife indeed finds a great gift from God (my paraphrase)

;D ;D thank you onelovedread. That was great. 2 weeks of marriage is Great (obviously the honeymoon phase) - but we are Great. I will continue to pray and keep Christ first. I literally watch and pray now cause of my Lord's Prayer Wedding Band ;D. I will LEAD my heart and bite my tongue.

jopie

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »

Hi newgene,

It's not good for a man to be alone, so I think you've made a good choice.

We've all been created different and unique in our own way,
so what worked for me might not work the same for you but here's my two cents worth.

Keep pursuing her.
Tell her often that you love her, like at least once a day.
Make sure she is your best friend.
Spend time together, talking and listening, especially listen.
Bring home some flowers for no special reason.
don't forget her birthday.
Always give more than what you expect to get back.

I guess the big one is your expression of your love for her.
Have fun together, laugh lots, it'. a great medicine.
Celebrating 42 years this year with 4 kids and 5 grand children.
I am blessed.

I wish you all the best.
John.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.