bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Literal Interpretation  (Read 5235 times)

doug

Literal Interpretation
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »

[IMG]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg493/watchman2011
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:30:28 AM by doug »

doug

Re: Literal Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »

doug

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »

doug

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:36:55 AM »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

I guess to some they make Jesus out to be whatever they want Him to be. But oh how they deny Him and  the Scripture with such foolishness.

Mat 5:44-45  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Luke 4:12  And Jesus answered and said to him, "It has been said, "You shall not tempt the LORD your God."'

mercy, peace and love
Kat

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23:59 AM »

Let's see them do this one;

Mat 5:29-30 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.  And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Since the bible is almost completely literal.........

[crickets chirping]

Kat

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

Arion, I had to laugh at that.

Kat

doug

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »

Hi Kat _

I agree with what you say about these acts as being "foolishness"!  Thank you for the back up scriptures!

I gained insight to Ray's comment on "faith" concerning this foolishness through an email question where he also mentions "guns"....

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2910.msg21463.html#msg21463

Snake handlers take the bible very literally -----

..........."they will pick up snakes with their hands."...........Mark 16:18 NIV

Also, these "pentecostals" seriously (and literally) ....  cast out devils-----  speak with new tongues-----  drink poison (at least some have and failed)------ perform exorcisms----- lay hands on the sick------  and usually------ jewerly is forbidden (including rings and watches)----- women may not cut their hair------  members greet each other a holy kiss-----

You guys can include your own literal performances!  And include your own experiences with these movements !

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:50:41 AM by doug »

Joel

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

Actually many years ago a Pastor told the congregation I was in about a man that stood in front of a toilet, forced his fingers behind his eyeballs, gouged them out and flushed them down the commode. :o
All because he lusted after women he saw.

Joel

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »

Actually many years ago a Pastor told the congregation I was in about a man that stood in front of a toilet, forced his fingers behind his eyeballs, gouged them out and flushed them down the commode. :o
All because he lusted after women he saw.

Joel

Did NOT NEED to know that.  :-\
But, how did he know to find the flushing handle after he plucked out the second eye?

Gina

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »

he he iBob. 

He wasn't even required to flush them.  He went overboard.

Geez man will Babylon "shepherds" stop at nothing?   

"He went to the bathroom and then flushed them."  Oh sssssure!  Because he wasn't clutching his face in searing pain having gouged them out.   (If he was smart he would've plucked them out in an emergency room so at least he'd have medical attention afterwards.)  What a joke.   

(God I hope no young children heard that story.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.