bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Birthdays Celebrations vs paganism where is the thin line?  (Read 9526 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Birthdays Celebrations vs paganism where is the thin line?
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »

Hi Eirik,
I think I may still have relatives in Sicily, since my daughter married a man who immigrated from there after WW2 to New Jersey. His name is Salvatore LaDuca, son of Frank or Francesco LaDuca who is about 85 years old. I believe that Frank worked for the railroad in Sicily until they came to New Jersey. Small world is it not?
Regards, Indianabob

Hi all, writing from vacation in Sicily. We just celebrated a birthday here. Not one who was present thought that blowing out the candles would cause some pagan gods to grant a wish. Nobody thought that the celebration was in praise of a pagan fertility god. Actually apart from the cake and the candles and gifts which actually can help make a very nice atmosphere there was nothing different about this party compared to an ordinary afternoon visit. We sang the birthday song. I think it's alright to do this. IF someone actually celebrated their birthday in praise of a pagan god I would think differently about it. This is the same as Christmas, Easter etc. All pagan, but for some people these are the only times of the year when they think about God. What's wrong with that? Should I be holier-than-thou and judge people and separate from family and friends because of my self-perceived holiness? Kill someone's faith before it's even started?

God bless you,
Eirik

Tanti auguri a te/Happy Birthday

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 11:06:31 AM »

My sincere gratitude to all forum members who responded to this thread of mine...i have benefited so much, and equally being amused by some people response...like the person who invited only the Lord and shut us out for his upcoming sixtieth b'day..... thanks all once again thanks...teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom..i believe is a scripture that speaks volume....adieu amigos

Marky Mark

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2012, 11:14:26 AM »

I REST this case.

Thank-you Gina for  Your  words. If I may, I will leave you with this...

Rom 14:1  Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Rom 14:2  For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Rom 14:3  Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Rom 14:4  Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Rom 14:5  One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6  He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7  For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8  For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Peace...Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.