bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I have noticed something'  (Read 4639 times)

the truth

"I have noticed something'
« on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »

Hello Family

I have noticed something about confessing "Christians"They say they have the Holy Spirit.But they are not speaking of Christ.They are specking of what THEIR doing for Christ.Any thoughts?

newgene87

Re: "I have noticed something'
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

well that does sound scriptural bringing out Matthew 7:21-22.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'

surely, they prophesy in His Name (and "the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation." 1 Cor 14:3). -- surely they may appear to cast out demons in His name (look at thousands of christians who fall out in churches screaming) -- and do mighty WORKS (seeing getting money or getting rich seems to be the fruit of having Jesus now days) -- and Jesus shows us that THESE have no clue WHAT the Will of The Father is. Thanks to my spiritual Father Ray and my many mothers and brothers and sisters here, i'm on the way to seeing it  :D

no doubt, i know alot of professing christians that claim to be filled with the holy spirit and walking with Jesus. yet then again, "there are diversities of workings, and it is the same God--who is working the all in all" (1Co 12:6).

and i see the wisdom of Hebrews 4:10 is expressed here: "For he entering into His rest, he himself also rested from his works, as God had rested from His own". i guess christians feel that have to DO so much FOR Jesus. not aware that God is All in All.

be blessed family
Eugene

the truth

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:38:41 PM »

and i see the wisdom of Hebrews 4:10 is expressed here: "For he entering into His rest, he himself also rested from his works, as God had rested from His own.
Awesome  Scripture Eugene!

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »

Hi thetruth,

2Tim 3:1-5  Know this also, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand. For men will be self-lovers, money-lovers, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, unyielding, false accusers, without self-control, savage, despisers of good, traitors, reckless, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; even turn away from these.

The church does know the Scripture say that when you repent and are baptized you will receive the Holy Spirit. So they go through the motions and believe they have it. They lack understanding of what the Spirit of God is and how it is received, and so neither do they understand what it means to have the Spirit inwelling and be dying to self. If you have never experienced the indwelling of the Holy Spirit how could you understand what it is? They look to church elders and their preachers to see their example of what a 'righteous' person should be... Some religious people put on a pretty good act. But real righteousness is not an act. Our old self must die/be crucified/decrease so that Christ can live in us.

Rom 6:6  We know that our old self was crucified with Him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.
v. 7  For one who has died has been set free from sin.

Rom 6:17-18  But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

the truth

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »

Kat, AS always beautifully presented and full of Wisdom and Truth! Thanks!

newgene87

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »

so i was looking more into this topic and this verse jumped out at me in studying this...

" Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men (Isaiah 29:13)

yea, this reminds me of every "professing" christian, which the majority, that i know, are simply part of an Denomination. seeing there are SO MANY of them; obviously, these are ALL "PRECEPTS OF MEN". As Ray pointed out, non of the churches of this day have a scriptural creed so their really far from the truth. they may posses love and believe in the name of Jesus; but The WILL OF THE FATHER, they have no clue. seeing out of that same heart, they condemn just about any sinner to a fiery hell :o.

and most of these professing Christians add to the word of God. it's so easy to do it and it's a shame. but God says, " Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar" (Pro 30:6). not saying that anyone here does it, but these "professing" Christians can really throw free will in their talk and worship yet it's a precept of man.

And Abednego, beautifully put. I too, feel as tho I'm not worthy to call him Lord. Teacher really will do, cause through my daily trials, it's like one big classroom. And Jesus words stand strong on that, " 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours." (John 15:20). Yet He will always be with us ;)

be blessed family

The NewGene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.