bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not the first time, or (I suspect) the last.......  (Read 7671 times)

hillsbororiver

Not the first time, or (I suspect) the last.......
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:31:23 AM »

Good morning Everyone,

There has been much speculation and concerned PM's within the Forum over the proposed changes to the Board, people are notoriously opposed to change either because of the "fear of the unknown" factor or sometimes just because we are comfortable in our routine(s).

At various times in this Forum's history there has been contention and strife usually stemming from posts made by those who would like nothing better than splitting up the members, drawing people to themselves as they stir up bitter divisions and dissention among us. Sometimes they come in blatently attacking and accusing, those are the easy ones to deal with, the more subtle ones will pose seemingly innocent enough questions and let the membership slug it out as they sit back and watch only posting more when a little more fuel needs to be added to the blaze. Other times all the motivation appears to be genuine, truly seeking of wisdom, but will degenerate into a debate that becomes a contest of egos rather than an edifying search. All this can be terribly confusing to (especially) the new members and our guests. 

If you ever check out the bottom of the opening page you will see the area that shows all the folks who are perusing this site at any given time, you will usually see 2 or 3 times the number of "guests" than "members" it is especially important to us that our guests who are visiting this Forum because of articles on Bible Truths not be subjected to posts and threads diametrically opposed to what brought them here in the first place, whoa! (you might be thinking) no questioning allowed!?? What is up with that?! It is not that all questions are not allowed but the ones that have no scriptural authority or a very weak connection where stretching and summersaults are required just to get a hint of a rumor of a witness are not going to be entertained any longer. A legitimate question or disagreement with at least 2 scriptural witnesses will be explored in the spirit it is given.

Last but not least; the dreaded "cult" label, here we go once again, or maybe you prefer "blind follower" or perhaps "mini-ray" these are but a few of the endearing terms our detractors have so cleverly come up with. It is an amazing thing to me why some folks can't just let things alone, what would be the motivation to come into an area that has its purpose well defined and stated yet they come in seeking to challenge and disrupt often armed with nothing more than a fertile imagination. I just can't picture myself going into a Forum I disagree with (Catholic, SDA, Madonna Fan Club, etc.) and start disrupting and accusing, why do this? I don't know, but they do. This "cult" thing has been tossed around and addressed in the past, Ray answers the detractors here:

http://bible-truths.com/student.htm

The adversary really must have his eyes set on this site as his subtle deceptions appear through so many different conduits, we must always be on guard. Speaking for myself as a moderator I have not always done a very good job, I have let some things go that really had no business being on this Forum, I think I may have been affected by not wanting to be considered a "censor" but I will not allow that to influence me any longer.

I really care about all of our members, especially those who honestly seek to grow in Him by the day, hour and minute, we must all be aware of what we are projecting outward and be patient in our thoughts and actions, temperance and patience are fruits of the spirit, rumors, fear, and anxiety are not. Please let us all "be temperate in all things" and show each other His Patience.

His Peace to you,

Joe

ned

Re: Not the first time, or (I suspect) the last.......
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:11:41 PM »

Dear Joe:
Thank you for this post. Just this morning I was praying about the obvious strife currently among this forum, and I was reminded of this verse:

Act 20:28-30  "Take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves, shall men arise speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them."

I agree with your subject, this won't be the last time.

I will pray that God will provide the moderators with discernment so the evil can be weeded out among us.  I am sure the moderators are not in this position by mere coincidence. 
Heb 5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

I am thanking God, even now, that this forum has such people to oversee it, because I am starting to really appreciate the TRUE fellowship provided here.

In His Name,
Marie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 12:14:57 PM »

Marie,

Thank you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 01:27:08 PM »

Bobby,

There is absolutely no reason to leave, we all at some point (myself especially) need to let go of our natural tendencies and wait for His guidance, it is so easy to get caught up emotionally in one thing or another. I know that this has been a difficult time for many and as is the usual case things can always be handled better in retrospect, football fans are very familiar with the term "Monday morning quarterback" all of here are human and prone to making mistakes (again, I immediately come to mind) but it is what we learn from our mistakes what is really important, not the fact that we make them.

Bobby, you have been a blessing to me and many others, I implore you to consider that and to stay here to help us all grow together.

Your Brother in Him,

Joe 

ned

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 02:06:30 PM »

Bobby,
Please stay on this forum.  I personally have no idea what you are apologizing for, all I know is it was YOU who God used to encourage me to start reading & posting on this forum. 

We are commanded:
Heb 10:25   Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I am sure that whatever it is you are going through, that it is God's work, perfecting you as He promised.
Heb 10:35  Cast not away,  therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.
Heb 10:36  For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Heb 10:37  For yet, a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

I feel you are an important part of this forum, Bobby.  The body can't do without all its' members.
1Co 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1Co 15:58  Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

I will pray.
Marie

orion77

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

Bobby,

As you know, the problems Ray and Mike have been having is between them, and really none of my business.  This is the way I have felt concerning them, let them work it out privately.

I don't see where you have done anybody wrong on this forum.  Of course I don't know what has transpired through pms.  This is why I have purposefully not used the pm except to edify another.  

All of us here have been ridiculed or persecuted for the belief we hold.  This is a part of the process, for as He was, so shall we.  This brings us all to a point where we must forgive, because He forgave us while still sinners.  That is a very important thing that separates the ones who profess to know and the ones who really know, because God has humbled us in this area of life.

God is working in your life, bobby.  This is very evident to see, and we must not only forgive those who have done us wrong, but we must forgive ourselves.  We must move on and not look back.  A true brother or sister will forgive, if not you have done your best, now we must move on not looking back.

Not sure if its the same for you all, but because of this belief God has given me, I am constantly surrounded by those who look intently for any little thing they can use to bring me down.  And it is not the ones who don't believe, but the ones who profess to believe.  This is a strange thing, and my hope not to be a partaker of that mindset.  Yet, it is everywhere.  So, what are we to do?  

I think we all know by now, we must forgive them.  God has forgiven you and us, and the true brethren have forgiven you and us.  We must get past the ways of this world and let our minds think of the heavenly things so we can grow and press onto maturity.  It truly is a battle between the carnal mind and the mind of Christ.  

I truly appreciate your open sincerity spoken through your words.  You are very well loved and liked here.  There is not a single one of us here who deserve to be where we are in this walk.  It is only through the grace, love and merciful truth that is the character of the God we worship.  These are the things that grow in us, yet not without a struggle.  

Hope you stick around, brother.

God bless,

Gary

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 05:01:20 PM »

Bobby I too have no idea what you may have did or said to make you feel the way you do. Frankly, you are truly a shining star in this forum, I have never read anything negative in any of your posts and you brighten my day. Bobby, my brother you are a truly inspire me for the love of Christ is very evident in you.

I too apologize, for over the last couple of days I have stepped on more than a few toes. :(

Sometimes even the best intent is not enough.

Joe, why not have a members only area? Where questions can be discussed without fear of leading anyone astray.

Bobby, please do not leave.

Darren

Mickyd

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 12:57:02 AM »

This sort of thing is why I have thought about leaving the forum time and again....but I keep coming back. I don't mind having to defend myself or my God...but No one likes to do it on a daily basis. I like the forum just the way it is...flawed as it my be... but, aren't we all?

mongoose

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 11:30:13 AM »

Bobby,
   I would like to add my voice to those imploring you to reconsider this decision.  I don't think you failed anyone here as a moderator or member.  We all stumble and fall from time to time.  Your posts are such a blessing to all of us.  Your posts have helped a lot of us come forward and join the forum and start posting.  That is a powerful testimony of God working in your life.  I hope you will reconsider and stay.  I love you a great deal and will miss you so much if you go.   :'(

mongoose

gmik

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 02:36:11 PM »

hi.  I have just spent the week in Florida!! So....as I look at the Forum I realize it will take a long time to read everything I have missed.  Must have been a doozy tho for you, bobby, to resign as a mod.  You just started! You have got to get your feet wet, and some experience at it.  One thing is very evident.  You are loved and appreciated here. Reconsider, unless the Lord is truly leading you out.

Also, noticed the LOF series is off the forum. I enjoyed reading those. I guess I have missed a lot!

I am going to Tenn. in August for a week.  No fair-don't change anything while I am away next time!! ;)

Origen II

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 05:05:55 PM »

While I didn't agree with certain board regulations and changes, it wasn't because I was on the "Mikes side". As I know that many people that follow Mike have been making negative comments and emails as of late, I hope I am not one of those labeled as an individual who said anyone was a "mini-ray", etc.

I just don't want to be placed in the same category as all those others. I was a misunderstanding and a fault on my part for going against the forum, but I wasn't trying to do so in the sense of splitting the members.

Hope you all understand.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »

While I didn't agree with certain board regulations and changes, it wasn't because I was on the "Mikes side". As I know that many people that follow Mike have been making negative comments and emails as of late, I hope I am not one of those labeled as an individual who said anyone was a "mini-ray", etc.

I just don't want to be placed in the same category as all those others. I was a misunderstanding and a fault on my part for going against the forum, but I wasn't trying to do so in the sense of splitting the members.

Hope you all understand.

OrigenII,

Understand perfectly, we can have differences work them out and move on, I never considered you a divider and I appreciate your fellowship.

Joe

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 06:52:51 AM »

Hope you all understand.

OrigenII,

Understand perfectly, we can have differences work them out and move on, I never considered you a divider and I appreciate your fellowship.

Joe

I hope I haven't fallen into that category (divider, etc.), either. Sometimes I post thought provoking posts, which go to cover.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 10:19:19 AM »

Nightmare,

Rest assured that I never considered you a divider or one who would intentionally cause strife.

Peace to you Brother,

Joe 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.