bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What constitutes a relationship with Christ?  (Read 4616 times)

GaryK

What constitutes a relationship with Christ?
« on: July 10, 2012, 11:58:46 AM »

In your opinion or experience.

Gina

Re: What constitutes a relationship with Christ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:29 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html -------

THE FATHER'S WILL? Mobile Conference 06 Transcript added - A Word About Humility

. . .

When a man and a woman are united in sexual intercourse.....They are one flesh, in that relationship, you see.  And that is why you’re not suppose to fornicate with prostitutes.  Because when you’re joined to a prostitute you’re one flesh too, and that’s an abomination.  You cling to your wife, not your wife and your girl friend and the local whore.  Your wife, because your one flesh, you see.

This is a great mystery it says.  But I’m speaking concerning Christ and His church.  The relationship of Christ with the church, it typified by the relationship of a loving husband and a loving wife in sexual intercourseWhen they are so emotionally intertwined with one another, that they are literally one flesh.  This is the relationship we’re going to have with God.  Christ refers to the church as the Bride of Christ.

-----------------------

Song of Songs --  I believe it's very much like that.  I think to myself -- you know what?  God is like a "playa" in many ways: He comes and He goes.....  You never know when that Man's gonna return.   And You look at Him like, Who does this?   ;D  ;)

He's simply the best.  The Chieftest.  And He's my Friend.

God bless you, gk.

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:03:17 PM »

Living by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God and filling up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Humbly in His Service
Longhorn

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:03 PM »

Hi gk,

I really think it is the effort, from the indwelling of the Spirit, to die to self, like Paul said, "I die daily," and "He must increase, but I must decrease." And what that means to me is leaving this world mentally/spiritually, and seeking the kingdom through pray, study and meditation.

Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...

I believe we enter the heavenly realm when our mind is totally focused on spiritual things. The Spirit within needs to be fed to grow strong within us, as in pray, study and meditation and if we fall off it will fade and even go out in time, "do not quench the Spirit" (1Th 5:19).

But the more you do seek the more you feel Christ in your life. You know Christ is in you when you begin to say and do things that you know is above and beyond anything that you could/would have come up with, you KNOW it is Christ working in you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

newgene87

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »

I believe it is LOVE: Love for one another shown through our love for God

( John 15:10-12) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love....This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

(John 13:35) - "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Jesus did preach a message of love among his disciples to one another, even crediting the First and Great commandment about Love. And if we Love the Lord with ALL our heart, mind, soul, and strength; that constitutes a COMPLETE relationship with Christ and with everyone.

To make it even better; Paul is inspired to give us a glorious definition of the agape - how it works in us and how it doesnt work in us (1 Corinthians 13). Since, in embodiment, it IS God himself ("He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love" - 1John 4:8)

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us." (1 John 4:11)

And to agree with Kat, that includes the indwelling of the Spirit. We NEED the Spirit to even love. Paul says, "the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. (Romans 8:7) - - and on which two commandments hang ALL the law and the prophets?? (Matthew 22:40). and Love is a Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22)  ;D ;D

From Eugene to the NewGene ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.