bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For the Space curious  (Read 5214 times)

doug

For the Space curious
« on: July 14, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »

Here is a twelve minute show on the most ambitious attempt to see what's around us in space.

I am interested because we will all more than likely explore the universe in some future era!   :)

http://www.wimp.com/spaceattempt/

doug

P.S.     Take note that the scientist calls mankind "a beast" !   He rocks!!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:16:40 AM by doug »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: For the Space curious
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »

Hi Doug,
Enjoyed the video and took some notes.
In the opening statement we learn that base camp is over a mile above sea level and is covered with sea fossils indicating that it was up-lifted from below sea level or, OR was covered by sea water in its present elevation. Which do you imagine is correct?

Later the young scientist while expounding his thrills of being in the operation himself states that it has been the desire of mankind for HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS to stretch out to learn about why we are here and what our future holds. See why I question scientific studies for being too eager to bypass God's plan for mankind, done God's way.

These research adventures are built into the makeup of mankind. It is the province of Kings to reach for the stars, but hopefully not in place of worshiping the true God.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:37:38 AM »

It is so mind-boggling and fascinating to hear about how enormous the Universe is.  Whenever I think about this stuff, I can't help but be in awe of our Creator! 8)

René

doug

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 03:29:02 AM »

I agree with you Rene as to how we in our lifetime are finding out how enormous our universe truly is and how awesome our Creator is.  Mind-boggling is right!

Bob - I will respond to your comments in Levy's thread on this thread, as I believe many of us have long ago threadjacked his original question!  Sorry Levy!  ::)

I personally don't think God steps outside of His laws of nature and that being what we would call in physics, "the scientific method".  Just as God obeys His own spiritual laws... the laws or commandments of the bible, I most surely believe that He obeys His own physical laws... the laws of the universe.  Excepting those miracles of stepping outside the bounds of physics that He performed in scriptures to show mankind His power and attributes; after the bible was complete there have been no miracles outside the bounds of physics and there will be no miracles until the first resurrection when the dead will be raised etc.

Yes, I believe there have been "huge" catastrophic changes to the planet earth as evidenced by large meteor impacts supplied by satellite photography; by glacial activity produced from the thick polar ice sheets from the ice age and forming for example the USA's appalachian mtn. range; and large deposits of ash covering the earth from volcano eruptions decimating many life forms that are now extinct.  But just as "healings" aren't miracles, neither are these catastrophic events.  They are in the bounds of physics... the laws of nature.

I believe that God, as one of His chief aims, is to show His creation family that the laws of physics reveals design in the universe - in turn as evidence that He is the Designer.  I don't believe that God intends for us to keep science separate from religion and is not a barrier to be understood apart from religion.  And of course, you know Bob that there is only one true religion and that is the God of the bible!  True science cannot be understood apart from the bible.

Bob, it sounds like from your comments and questions to me that you adhere to the approximately 6000 year "young earth" theory.  I don't know if what I suspect is true or not, but I don't anymore.  It's not plausible.  Ray and others have convinced me otherwise.  With my newfound Spirit guided belief in the Kingdom Age and eras beyond, it completely (for me) dispels the myth of a no pre Adamic time period or post resurrection time period.  Therefore, there is no need for a young earth.  For the most part scientists aren't corrupt... there are too many checks and balances!  So billions of years it will be!

In the video above - the young scientist that stated "the desire of mankind for hundreds of thousands of years"... was only his ungodly speculation as the majority of scientists have.  But their science is science, and the preciseness of it's field to that of perfecting it to the laws of physics leaves little to debate.

Since the mountain, where all of the technical dishes and equipment were located for space observation, looked to be isolated in the vastness of the tableland surrounding it, I would believe that it was formed by volcanic activity/eruption and not plate movement that forms mountain ranges and not just one single mtn.  As far as the fossils on top of the plateau, that's where I would have to speculate.  That impart is why I am curious about the Ice Age and it's effect on the earth with the rising and falling of the seas that I alluded to in the other thread with the continental divide gif.  Perhaps Antarctica was iced over much more than today (we know that it was), and the resulting melt-down covered the relatively close Chile mtn. plateau, and hense, the fossils.

I for one am a "king", and if it be God's will, I will reach for the stars, and it is most certainly does not take the place of me worshipping our true and only God.  He has given me a mind to ponder such awesomness, and I am glad to have that ability!

Science and God do mix.  He created science and He operates in the realm of science.  We are created in His Image!

doug
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:35:17 AM by doug »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

Hi doug,

I like it when someone who is more scientific minded discusses these things. I very much enjoy the study of this marvelous universe that God has given us the means to peak into a bit. But I'm not very scientific minded and I need someone like Ray and you to break it down into simply language for me :D And I do appreciate that.

I believe that once we develop a basic and fundamental understanding of these things it will add tremendously in our understand of other concepts. The whole creation is about God and we need to have a good and proper understanding of many things in order to see the big picture and what is being unveiled is truly amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »

Very cool, Doug.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »

Thank you Doug.

If you go here: http://www.pbs.org/programs/ then scroll down and click on "Nova" you will find two other very recent programs titled "Hunting the Edge of Space."

Last year I was on a mountain at 10,000 feet in Colorado with my 10" reflector telescope. After the moon went down I pointed it at the brightest spot in the Milky Way.

I was using a wide-field lens so I could see many thousands of stars. All of them very tightly packed so close that there was no empty space between them. None.

The color was kind of a washed out yellow. I was impressed the human eye could discern such extremely small points of light. Words cannot do justice to how small these points of light were. And like I said, no empty space between them.

Just two days ago I told someone at work that this was a life changing experience.

That same night waiting for the moon to go down:

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:07:02 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Gina

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

Love that.

doug

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 02:46:38 PM »

Dennis, thanks for sharing your Nova link.  I can never get tired of seeing this stuff! 

Your well composed and cropped photo of the early moon with your telescope looks to me like the top of Pikes Peak.  That's an awesome spot!

The only time I have viewed through a bonafied telescope is a couple of times when  amateur astronomers had theirs set up
with the passing by of a couple of comets.  Another beautiful sight to behold!

I also have literally hundreds of sunrise, sunsets and moonscape pics from my backpacking trips over the years.  You are right... when one is in solitude and away from the glow of city lights... the stars and galaxies in the heavenlies display their royal cloak of awe inspiring beauty!  Life changing is indeed the correct words.

doug

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »

i would have loved to been there dennis, 10,000 feet up.  with only God's handiwork spread out above and the beauty of the mountains He created. 

thank you for sharing with us.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.