bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Corinthians 5;17  (Read 5285 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
2 Corinthians 5;17
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:59:44 PM »

2Cor 5:17

17 Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.

Hello to all my brothers and sisters,

I was asked, If the above scripture is an accurate depiction of what happens when you are saved. I believe not, but I need help in understanding it.

Thank you for your help.
May God bless you all
John

orion77

Re: 2 Corinthians 5;17
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »

(2Co 5:14)  For the love of Christ constrains us, having judged this, that if One died for all, then all died;

(2Co 5:15)  and He died for all, that the living ones may live no more to themselves, but to the One having died for them and having been raised.

(2Co 5:16)  So as we now know no one according to flesh, but even if we have known Christ according to flesh, yet now we no longer know Him so.

(2Co 5:17)  So that if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new!

(2Co 5:18)  And all things are from God, the One having reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and having given to us the ministry of reconciliation,

(2Co 5:19)  as, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not charging their deviations to them, and having put the Word of reconciliation in us.

(2Co 5:20)  Then on behalf of Christ, we are ambassadors, as God is exhorting through us, we beseech on behalf of Christ, Be reconciled to God.

(2Co 5:21)  For He made the One who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Here is a few more verses surrounding the subject.  Did you catch the 19th verse, "not charging their deviations to them".  When Christ is in us, truly, we must be a new creation, because our carnal mind is an enemy to God.  Anyone who is honest can see this is true, when we look and see how we are now compared to what we were, big difference.

We are reconciled by His death, and we are saved through His life:

(Rom 5:10)  For if while being enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life;

(Eph 2:8)  For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;

(Eph 2:9)  not of works, that not anyone should boast;

(Eph 2:10)  for we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God before prepared that we should walk in them.

Hope this helps, God bless.

Gary

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 10:33:38 PM »

2Cor 5:17  So that if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new!

John asked:

If the above scripture is an accurate depiction of what happens when you are saved. I believe not, but I need help in understanding it.
[/color]
Gary beat me to it :)  Good answer though!! :)

But here are a couple more scriptures along the same line.

2Cor 4:6
  • For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to [give] the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

2Cor 4:7
  • But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us. 

Rom 8:23
  • And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body. 

Eph 2:10
  • For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 

God Bless,

Darren

John9362

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 01:08:06 AM »

Thank you , Garry and Darren for your reply !!

John

John9362

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:10:12 AM »

2Cor 5:17

17 Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away, behold, the new has come.

Hi guys,
I don't think I asked the question properly, let me try again.

Does the above scripture confirm or prove that one is SAVED by saying: if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation.

Thank you all. God bless every one of you !!

MG

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:52:42 AM »

I just read this and it might answer your question.

"For the LOVE of Christ constrains us because we thus judge, that if One died for all, then were ALL DEAD: And that He died for all, that they which live should NOT henceforth live unto themselves, but unto HIM which died for them, and rose again. Where henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet NOW HENCEFORTH KNOW WE HIM  NO  MORE. THEREFORE if any man be IN CHRIST, he is A  NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; BEHOLD, all things are become new"!!! (II Cor. 5:14-17).

If you are IN CHRIST, then CHRIST IS IN YOU, and Christ will live a NEW LIFE IN YOU THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF GOD, and not through the carnal minded flesh of man.

THERE IS NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, THAT ONE CAN DO 'PHYSICALLY' TO GET SAVED 'SPIRITUALLY'!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray,

Another question. What does the flood symbolize / shadow? My husband has been taught that it shows how we are saved / salvation process, but pretty much the whole world died, so I'm thinking that can't be it.

Plus aside from what it foreshadows, what will happen to all those wicked people that perished? Will they be saved too? How do we know this?

Thanks, as always,

Margaret

[Ray Replies]

Dear Margaret:

Everything in the Bible for-shadows Christ in some way. All of humanity save Noah and his family were BAPTIZED INTO LITERAL WATER AND DROWNED TO DEATH.

How does this for-shadow Christ?

Once again, the WHOLE WORLD will die and rise in Judgment at the great white throne of Rev. 20. But what about the "few"--Noah and his family? What do they picture?

Of the "many who are called but FEW chosen," it is the "FEW" who are SPIRITUALLY BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST'S DEATH, which then GIVES US LIFE!  Unless a seed DIE, it cannot give life. We must DIE to our old man in order to become a NEW CREATURE in Christ.

The lake of fire is God's final act of saving grace. All humanity not saved before the lake of fire, will be saved THROUGH THE SPIRITUAL AND DIVINE LAKE OF FIRE OF GOD'S SPIRIT. That is the purpose for the lake of fire--TO SAVE THE WORLD (See Phil. 2:9-11, Isa. 26:9, I Tim. 2:4, 4:10, etc., etc.).

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.