bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: John Lennon sang more truth than Bablon teaches!  (Read 8057 times)

the truth

John Lennon sang more truth than Bablon teaches!
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »

Music is a great tool for reflection for me.And in just about every song I listen to .I can find some truth in the lyrics of the song.Its just funny to me that if you asked so called "Christians" about John Lennon they would assure you he was burning in Hell.Yet even though the Christians seem to have it all figured out.John sings more truth than they teach!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yRhq-yO1KN8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: John Lennon sang more truth than Bablon teaches!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »

Great idea Jerry, much to learn and think upon when we see others as better than ourselves.
I have added just a little for my own understanding, hope that you don't mind.
Here are the lyrics for those who haven't heard the song before.

Please think about these exact words of a popular singer, John Lennon.
Millions of our children were motivated to wonder when they heard these words and sang them to one another. Let's learn together.
Bob

= = =
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world

You, you may say
And the world will live as one

the truth

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »

Thanks indianabob.... your a cool dude man! I take it your from Indiana?What part?If I ever get by that way with my work I would sure love to meet you!Dinner own me my friend!God Bless you Indiana bob!

newgene87

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:28:23 PM »

Even though this song mentions, "mother mary" :o :o , "Let it Be" has so much wisdom in it. It got me through a very dark time of my life and i will never forget it...

"Let it Be....Let it be...whisper words of wisdom: Let it Be"

that Screams God's Sovereignty in there for me.

.....even though the first version I heard was by John Denver :P :P. of course i ended up learning who made it first ;)

Eugene :D

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »

You, you may say
And the world will be as one

isn't that what they tried at Babylon

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »

nice tune...catchy...wrong song

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 03:45:17 AM »

Hi Kenneth,
Thanks for your comments.  :)
Wrong song?
O. K. but why?

Keeping in mind that John and Yoko Ono didn't have our understanding, the song was popular. So why do you think, if you do, that it is not suitable for our young people to want peace and contentment and worldwide Unity?

I think that it is true that "religion" has caused many more problems than it has solved, so I am a little empathetic with many song writers and commentators who disparage the hypocrisy of religion and write about ONE WORLD government. Isn't that what we want too?

The tower of Babel was a teaching example of how weak and insecure humans are without a strong belief in a God that they can trust. So the people sought human idols to protect themselves from the unknown and the frightening events of life on this beautiful yet mysterious planet.

I'm hoping for a few more details to explain your feelings on the subject.

Kindly offered, Indianabob
Plymouth, Indiana

the truth

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »

Hi,indianabob

There was a post removed thats why the miss understanding there Bob.Kenneth statement would make since if you would have seen it.jerry

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 11:59:26 AM »

Thank you Jerry,
that is what I get for being late for class and losing my homework. Ha ha

Sometimes I wish there would be a "time delay" built into the moderators editing. At my advanced age things move relatively slowly and I miss articles that would have made events more understandable.

Appreciate your explanation, I-bob
Plymouth, Indiana 46563

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 12:10:26 PM »

The moderators do not necessarily delete the posts.  The original poster will delete their own posts more often than not..

Craig

the truth

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 12:25:28 PM »

Thanks Craig!

levycarneiro

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »

Hello Jerry!

I remembered this very song this week, and was thinking the same thing. That's a GOD-INCIDENCE hehe

No hell below us

God bless!
Levy

levycarneiro

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »

One more Jerry and indianabob!

Imagine all the people living for today

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day {is} the evil thereof." Matthews 6:34

indianabob

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:50 PM »

Hi Levy,
One has to wonder how much John and Yoko knew.
bob

the truth

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 12:40:52 AM »

Hey,

Levy: Imagine all the people living for today

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day {is} the evil thereof." Matthews 6:34...That's cool Levy..That's what I mean about lyrics of songs....Now I know you will think  am crazy when I tell you I get truth out of Ronnie James Dio songs...Last in line...OK I degress.....I can also get truth out the Twilight Zone episodes so now I know some Religious zealot would love that.

Bob:One has to wonder how much John and Yoko knew

I honestly don't know myself what they thought.But i do know this .When I head out to meet with my brothers and sisters in fellowship every Sunday at a friends House.I get some pretty tough looks from people when I am wearing my shorts and no sleeved shirts.Actually That is one of the coolest things about coming to the truth. You don't have to do what they do,you don't have to believe what they believe,you don't have to drive what they drive,you don't have to dress the way they dress.People of truth love you anyways.To who ever that may have offended sorry!Just my opinion.

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 01:21:40 AM »

when i said wrong song i was referring to wrong message...when one listens to the lyrics and not to the tune you will clearly see that the author was sending a message of human control of everything...if we could just all get along and love...yes it would be nice, but where is God and His will?  the song is about human will to change the world...good luck...Gods will be done

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 01:33:06 AM »

people who dont know any different would say "yea...lets change the world dude and make everyone see the love...its deceiving...its hollywood...its unbelief...its society today...we think we are gods and we live in our small communities and think this is the way the whole world is and thinks...wrong...john lennon was a grain of sand who influenced a continent of people with his vision of hope...but his hope was without God

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 01:34:41 AM »

man...my typing stinks...the message is there though

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 01:50:13 AM »

Friend Kenneth,
I see your point and agree.
The whole world including Lennon are blinded and without God's influence in their lives.
But there except for the grace of God is us, you and me.
So I tend to view these folks who are trying to make peace the wrong way, without God, are just the same as the folks in the Babylon of Christendom; except EXCEPT that they apparently are not fooled into believing in joining a Christian church, any Christian church is good enough, to avoid going to a mythical hell or being good enough to be set apart for a place in Heaven in spite of their unrepented sins just because they attended church every Sunday.

I have a grudging respect for atheist who look at religion and say bah humbug, it is just a fairy tale to convince immature children to believe and send in the money.

We are blessed, through no action of our own, to have been given a small window into the truth that tends to make us free from the fears that most of humanity lives with every day. That being the case I think we should tend toward excusing them for their ignorance since it was God's choice to delay their calling until God is ready to open their minds and hearts.

Hope you understand, regards, indianabob

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

Friend Kenneth,
I see your point and agree.
The whole world including Lennon are blinded and without God's influence in their lives.
But there except for the grace of God is us, you and me.
So I tend to view these folks who are trying to make peace the wrong way, without God, are just the same as the folks in the Babylon of Christendom; except EXCEPT that they apparently are not fooled into believing in joining a Christian church, any Christian church is good enough, to avoid going to a mythical hell or being good enough to be set apart for a place in Heaven in spite of their unrepented sins just because they attended church every Sunday.

I have a grudging respect for atheist who look at religion and say bah humbug, it is just a fairy tale to convince immature children to believe and send in the money.

We are blessed, through no action of our own, to have been given a small window into the truth that tends to make us free from the fears that most of humanity lives with every day. That being the case I think we should tend toward excusing them for their ignorance since it was God's choice to delay their calling until God is ready to open their minds and hearts.

Hope you understand, regards, indianabob

Ah, to be free from the fear.. Yes, I needed a reminder of that. It does get frustrating trying to share the truths we have, so sometimes I tend to overlook some of the reasons we have the  knowledge that we do. Thanks for that, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.