bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: John Lennon sang more truth than Bablon teaches!  (Read 8053 times)

the truth

Re: John Lennon sang more truth than Bablon teaches!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »

Hudson.

How true:  Ah, to be free from the fear.. Yes!

You cant serve two masters!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »

Well, the way I see it, is that we can appreciate music trough different levels, perspectives and also depending on the time and the mood. I am a music lover!

There is the kind of music that is more about about THE MUSIC, the instruments, the Emotions, the voice is pretty much just like another instrument, and whatever they are singing is usually fuzzy and very open for interpretation, I mean anyone can find tons of different meaning on that phrases. (So for me it doesn't really matter what John Lennon was really referring to when he wrote that song--the music is good and it's hard to argue away emotions.)

Then there is the kind of songs that are more about the LIRICS, the clear and direct message, lyrics that have logic and make us meditate on the words being said. On this category, very FEW are not Hypocrites (a good example of many Hypocrites is: gospel music) and also very few keep in mind that ''the medium is always part of the message'' as well.

Sometimes it's hard to say which songs are of which kind, other times it's just obvious, I think a great part of it depends on the intention with which we listen that certain kind of song.

From the first kind of music, I can enjoy pretty much everything, also depending on the mood and time you know... From the second I try to be way more selective, but I am open for whatever music that a friend would want to show me.

Of course we can find lessons of truth anywhere, even by just taking a walk by the woods. When I was younger I even used to find lessons and cool analogies on many popular and big budgets hollywood movies...
However, now my saying is 'if I want to get Truth, I preffer to go to the Scriptures and if I want to get some entertainment then I just go and click play'.     
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:14:24 AM by Moises G. »

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »

A Spaniard in the works
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.