bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to this. dream help?  (Read 7417 times)

gregorydc

new to this. dream help?
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »

I began reading the website about a month ago and am very happy to finally find someone with a similar mind about God and someone who can help lead me down my earthly path. I have watched a few of Rays videos on youtube too and enjoyed them as well.  I was quite sad to hear that he passed on but I still need help on my journey. And I need to ask is there anyone here who can interpret dreams?  I need to know I have a few that's in need of interpreting that are not of my own brain. If I could get some help it would be greatly thankful.
Gregorydc

JD

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: new to this. dream help?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:16:47 AM »

Hi there. The Biblical teaching and significance of dreams is probably one of those "grey areas" few dare to tread. If they are scripturally symbolic, one might be able to help or shed some light....We can but try..What are the dreams about?  ::)

cheers

J.D.

eggi

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »

Hi Gregory,

I had a dream about Jesus a few nights ago. Should I think that it was any kind of revelation or why should I give attention to it to interpret it somehow? Don't misunderstand me, the dream was very nice, I even talked to Jesus, but He didn't say anything, He just smiled. I guess the reason is that I tend to think a lot about God during the day, and even before I sleep. Many nights I thank God for His love and care for us. I even thank God for that dream, since it was so nice. The Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes 5:3 that "a dream cometh through the multitude of business". The business you carry out through the day could appear in your dream.

I believe that we have enough REVELATION and KNOWLEDGE and INFORMATION in the Scriptures as we have them today.

God bless you, and welcome to the forum.

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

gregorydc

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 12:42:30 PM »

One of the dreams I had was this. It was dark and there were two swords fighting,  flat to flat, slapping each other fairly hard. I thought to myself if one of these two swords were to turn edge ways tword the other then this fighting would be over. No sooner than I had thought this the sword on the left turned on its side and struck the other sword into four pieces. As I looked closer at the swords which were now 5 pieces I noticed that there was some sort of "writing" or etchings/carvings on the broken sword, but I did not know what it said nor could I read it. Any way I thought this concerned me but I am not sure anymore after doing some studying and reading. It could be for everyone I do not know. If anyone can help with this it would be a great thing.
Gregory

Gina

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 02:13:16 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  I have to agree with Eirik about dreams occurring based on the haps of the day.  Though your dream is very fascinating and I can see why you'd want to try and figure it out.  It might take a lot of time.  But I'm sure it'll make sense one day.

I remember a dream I had after I came to the B-T forum years ago.  It blew my mind.  I was on the phone the next day with a forum member afterwards telling her all about it and asking for interpretation  (Sister Rachel Agnes?  If you're out there you better get yo hiny in here dear.  I miss you. :) )  I just knew it had some spiritual significance and it scared the living H E double chopsticks right outta me!

In my dream, I was outside the public library in our area with my daughter about 12 at the time and there was this strange man exactly my height who was dressed in all black.  Stranger still, he had a hood on his head and it made his head look square and his face look totally flat.  I had to walk past him to get into the library but I was afraid to go near him.  Then, he opened his mouth and when he spoke oceans of voices came out of his mouth -- as if there were multitudes upon multitudes of people speaking the exact same words.  It was the wildest thing! 

I was petrified of him but curious at the same time -- I wanted to know who he was -- he was so mysterious. 

I finally started to relax a little when I saw my daughter's cat walk up to him and sort of nuzzle up against his legs; I figured if our cat liked him, he was definitely safe.   Yes, our cat was outside the entrance to the library -- how she got there is ... the way dreams go... anyhooo.

I was in shock over that dream because it was as if God was trying to tell me something. 

I finally figured it out years later when I realized that that man's head was the same exact shape as my computer monitor!  And all those multitudes of voices that were flowing like a roaring ocean out of his mouth?  Those were all the forum members posts.  Der.  :P

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »

Gina,

Some dreams are the result of blood/brain chemistry brought on by the ingestion of incompatible late night foods and beverages such as chili dogs and beer. It may be better to fast before visiting your dream library next time.  :o  ;D

Just saying, I-bob

Gina

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »

Gina,

Some dreams are the result of blood/brain chemistry brought on by the ingestion of incompatible late night foods and beverages such as chili dogs and beer. It may be better to fast before visiting your dream library next time.  :o  ;D

Just saying, I-bob

Is that what you used to eat iBob?!  geez.  It's no wonder you almost died 25  years ago.  Good thing you changed your diet.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 04:54:08 PM »

Hi Gina,
I admit it, I like chili dogs.
I don't really like the taste of beer, it seems bitter or somethin'.
The main reason to eat spicy food such as chili or pizza or Mexican hot sauce is to cover the taste of the beer that one needs to wash down the hot sauce before it burns a hole in your throat.
Boy am I a culinary mess. ::)

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »

No joke Bob, believe it or not I have never tasted beer but I may travel to Ireland next year and will try it there.

Craig

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »

Dear Ole friend Craig,
Since you're goin' to Ireland you should be aware of the culture there.
Here are some quotes to prepare you for the local pubs.

Irish Drinking Quote
Raise a Toast With an Irish Drinking Quote

Frank Sinatra said, "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love your enemy." Well, the Irish certainly love their drink. Is it any wonder then that even their coffee has alcohol? You can see the Irish fondness for alcohol in Irish drinking quotes and toasts. To know how much an Irishman loves his drink, you can read any Irish drinking quote. It is tough not to be intoxicated with these Irish drinking quotes.

Ed McMahon
God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Winston Churchill
We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.

Barry McCaffrey
When I get a very generous introduction like that I explain that I'm emotionally moved, but on the other hand I'm Irish and the Irish are very emotionally moved. My mother is Irish and she cries during beer commercials.

Irish Quote
When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to Heaven. So, let's all get drunk and go to heaven.

Irish Drinking Toast
May your glass be ever full,
May the roof over your head be always strong,
And may you be in heaven
Half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Irish Proverb
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbor. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him.

Alex Levine
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups:
alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.

Noel Gallagher
I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for my Mum. I know I've got Irish blood because I wake up everyday with a hangover.

Irish Drinking Toast
Here's to me, and here's to you,
And here's to love and laughter –
I'll be true as long as you,
And not one moment after.

Author Unknown
For every wound, a balm.
For every sorrow, cheer.
For every storm, a calm.
For every thirst, a beer.

Oscar Wilde
Work is the curse of the drinking class

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

I just knew it had some spiritual significance and it scared the living H E double chopsticks right outta me!

I don't get really scared that easily (grew up a big horror movie buff), but this one dream I had literally had me fleeing my house in the middle of the night having a panic attack. I think I drove for several miles letting the cool night air blow in my face, before I finally calmed down enough to drive back home.

I never understood if it 'meant' anything. I can say for certain that it did have a spiritual significance as well, as it eventually led me here.

Gina

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 12:41:30 AM »

Craig!  You've never had a beer?!  What's the matter with you boy!  Oh my lawd, you're in for a treat!

I can't drink beer anymore, but sometimes I drink a little blush wine.  And Bob, I confess:  I had chili on my baked potato at lunch yesterday, but I swear to gawd that's a rarity for me!  Will you forgive me?   :P  Oh, and while I'm at it -- this last 4th of July I ate a real hotdog that was smoked in a smoker and you wanna talk about good?!  Oh!  Lemme tell ya mister, it was finger lickin good.

But did you know that if you eat meat and just chase it with a few pineapple chunks you'll do less damage to your arteries?  Ooops!  wrong thread.  Sorry Gregory. 

JD

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 10:31:05 AM »

One of the dreams I had was this. It was dark and there were two swords fighting,  flat to flat, slapping each other fairly hard. I thought to myself if one of these two swords were to turn edge ways tword the other then this fighting would be over. No sooner than I had thought this the sword on the left turned on its side and struck the other sword into four pieces. As I looked closer at the swords which were now 5 pieces I noticed that there was some sort of "writing" or etchings/carvings on the broken sword, but I did not know what it said nor could I read it. Any way I thought this concerned me but I am not sure anymore after doing some studying and reading. It could be for everyone I do not know. If anyone can help with this it would be a great thing.
Gregory

Let it be known that I am no "Interpreter of Dreams" and I am certainly not recommending that this forum should publicly advocate for such an "office." Yet I'm sure all of us can agree that the "sword" is a ubiquitous Bible "symbol." Whether it be the "Word" of God, the element that carves asunder the "flesh" from the "spirit," or the "flashing fire" guarding the tree of life - it certainly pertains to the DEATH and dying of the carnal.

Perhaps that is what you are experiencing as the truths of His "word" are made manifest in your life? Perhaps these new found truths are warring with the "carnal" teachings of Christendom. Maybe that is why the TRUE "Word" has shattered the old (sword) into "shards."

Someone on this forum once made the observation that just as David gathered 5 stones and slew "the Giant" with but one, so the symbol of being "called" (the four stones) and "chosen" (the one stone) is continued in harmony with the scriptures. If there is any merit in all this, I would not be concerned about the "writing" on the shattered shards! They surely must represent the old "word" (of none effect through the traditions of men Mark 7:13) that God has shattered to bring you into the truth!

That's my "bar stool" interpretation anyway.

Bless

J.D.

servias

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 11:48:57 AM »

Very positive JD!  I'm not even sure if you can are to pick apart dreams, but like you said... I am no "Interpreter of Dreams".

Dan

Ian 155

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »

Future ZORRO ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.