bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the cross  (Read 4630 times)

dave

the cross
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »

I have been listening, watching a TV ministry that teaches and preaches that the cross is the absolute. I have found that the cross is mentioned 11 times in the epistles of Paul, and much of this teaching is that Paul made the cross elite. And finding that Acts, Romans, I &11 Thes. I &11Tim. Titus, and Philemon make no mention of the cross. I Cor. 1:17 and 18 are the staple.
My wonder is, and I believe that the cross is very important, but this ministry labors, that with out the teaching and expounding on the cross as the only way to salvation I find questionable. I thought getting some imput would help.
I am amazed when I watch some of these shows that they are so very far from, not just what the Bible teaches and offers, and the assumptions and stories that are offered and believed is amazing.

Delandus

Re: the cross
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:03:26 PM »

I believe I know who you are talking about ,however before I elaborate on this I want to be sure I am correct,could you please give me some more hints if saying the name is uncomfortable For you,however I dont mind naming names.

dave

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »

No need to name names if you know you know.

Delandus

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:10:56 PM »

I used to be part of this ministry about 5 yrs. Ago and they determine if the gospel is being preached by how many times the cross is mentioned.They are representing the many who ray described in his paper entitled "What is the Gospel of the kingdom of God?....He said most people would reply death,burial,and resurrection of Jesus Christ.They are teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.Hell,Tithing,etc.I began to notice how evrything they taught contradicted Gods word.They will beat you with the word cross,they cherrypick the scriptures to fit their doctrine.This is where the problem is because they are ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth.They teach against salvation based on works ,however they turn around and preach weeks on pro-free will.I disagreed with most of their teachings after the lord led me in studying his word For myself.When I asked about the contradictions trouble came,however I thank God For that because that is what led me here

Delandus

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »

Read rays paper entitled What is the gospel of the kingdom ofGod. He proves to th world of christendom that christ crucified is part of the gospel but the gospel of the kingdom of God is the few and the many.God bless you sir.

Delandus

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 01:18:21 PM »

Few are being chosen to bring in the many

Samson

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »

I have been listening, watching a TV ministry that teaches and preaches that the cross is the absolute. I have found that the cross is mentioned 11 times in the epistles of Paul, and much of this teaching is that Paul made the cross elite. And finding that Acts, Romans, I &11 Thes. I &11Tim. Titus, and Philemon make no mention of the cross. I Cor. 1:17 and 18 are the staple.
My wonder is, and I believe that the cross is very important, but this ministry labors, that with out the teaching and expounding on the cross as the only way to salvation I find questionable. I thought getting some imput would help.
I am amazed when I watch some of these shows that they are so very far from, not just what the Bible teaches and offers, and the assumptions and stories that are offered and believed is amazing.

The Cross itself is a piece of wood, upright Pole or Timber, it's a Stauros(upright Pole) or Xylon(Tree, Timber) and was used as the instrument to murder Jesus and I rarely consider putting emphasis on the instrument used in this crime. If Jesus was shot in the head with a pistol or whipped to death or received death through lethal injection, these methods would be heinous too.

The sacrifice and the doing of His Fathers Will and the overcoming of the trials in the flesh are exceedingly superior than any Symbol that might be used to represent this.

Dear Ray,
A Witness friend tells me the cross is pagan, Jesus died on a stake, would be interested in your view. enjoy your site.
Ann

Dear Ann:
The Greek word translated cross in the most Bibles is "stauros" and it means an upright post or pole. It has come to be called a "cross," however, it did not have a cross member. Don't get too excited over the fact that the cross is pagan, however, seeing that the use of a pole or post for impaling people is ALSO PAGAN.
God be with you,
Ray

Deu 21:22  And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
Deu 21:23  His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Note: Hebrew word for Tree

H6086
עץ
‛êts
ates
From H6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence wood (plural sticks): -  + carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood.

Gal 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Note: Galatians. 3:13 is a quotation of Deuteronomy. 21:22,23.

Act 5:30  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Act 10:39  And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Note: Greek Word for Tree
G3586
ξύλον
xulon
xoo'-lon
From another form of the base of G3582; timber (as fuel or material); by implication a stick, club or tree or other wooden article or substance: - staff, stocks, tree, wood.

stauros
stow-ros'
From the base of G2476; a stake or post (as set upright), that is, (specifically) a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); figuratively exposure to death, that is, self denial; by implication the atonement of Christ: - cross.

A Piece of wood, metal or any physical image, Idol or Symbol in itself is lifeless and can't help you. Read Below !

Psa 115:4  Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
Psa 115:5  They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not:
Psa 115:6  They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not:
Psa 115:7  They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat.
Psa 115:8  They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
Psa 115:9  O Israel, trust thou in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.