bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: one mans sin  (Read 5623 times)

dave

one mans sin
« on: July 28, 2012, 04:21:47 PM »

In Gen. 2-3 this it is said that man fell. Should I believe(as I do) that God causes all things then in these two chapters man did not fall, man being made spiritually weak just full filled. And Paul writes Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
And we are told in Gen 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. There is no mention of sin here. Now we know that sin means missing the mark, but should what happened in Gen. 3 be in God's plan and purpose there was no fall and no sin?
Now the first time sin is mentioned in the Bible is Gen 4:7  If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. And not again until Gen 18:20  And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;(don't if that is important)
Keeping this thinking when Cain slew Abel, this was still a God caused event, but now we have the word sin involved and Rom. 5:12. I have held in my reasoning that the entire Bible is a parable(I think Ray mentioned something like that would not digress) and WHAT IF man..Gen. 2:7 woman Gen.2:22 and two sons Gen. 4:1-2 are speaking of that one man but that knowledge of good and evil was growing? The warning 2:17, godly/self, 3:6, conceiving 4:1, personalities 4:3-4, jealousy 4:5 murder 4:8 carnality has its foothold 4:12 no more of Cain line but is still woven in when we come to another recorded creation of man. Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel all were the one man.

Okay I'm ready for some correction, reproof, and learning. :)

mharrell08

Re: one mans sin
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:20 PM »

And we are told in Gen 2:17  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. There is no mention of sin here. Now we know that sin means missing the mark, but should what happened in Gen. 3 be in God's plan and purpose there was no fall and no sin?

Gen 3:11  ...Have you eaten from the tree of which I (God) commanded you that you should not eat?

This passage mentions the act of sin, though it doesn't use the word 'sin'. Just because God planned for man to fall short of His commandments, does not mean man did not sin. That unsound thinking could be applied to every human being who has ever lived, seeing that God planned for every man that has lived to fall short of His righteousness. Would we then say that no man has sinned since it was part of God's plan?

Marques

dave

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »

Gen 3:11  ...Have you eaten from the tree of which I (God) commanded you that you should not eat?

This passage mentions the act of sin, though it doesn't use the word 'sin'. Just because God planned for man to fall short of His commandments, does not mean man did not sin. That unsound thinking could be applied to every human being who has ever lived, seeing that God planned for every man that has lived to fall short of His righteousness. Would we then say that no man has sinned since it was part of God's plan?

Marques

No to your question, still don't really understand, "though it doesn't use the word 'sin'" no it does not use the word sin, but the writer was pretty definitive in chp. 4 when speaking about what was in Cain's heart. I'm just considering that just as the woman already was in the sway before she ate, that the act consummated when man killed another.
I suppose then I am saying that the disobedience was not named a sin, but it was, even tho it is not called that until Cain?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:16:44 PM by micah7:9 »

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »

No to your question, still don't really understand, "though it doesn't use the word 'sin'" no it does not use the word sin, but the writer was pretty definitive in chp. 4 when speaking about what was in Cain's heart. I'm just considering that just as the woman already was in the sway before she ate, that the act consummated when man killed another.
I suppose then I am saying that the disobedience was not named a sin, but it was, even tho it is not called that until Cain?

Micah7:9, obviously it was a sin to disobey a direct commandment from God. We need to be a little more mature when reading the scriptures and not look at them as children do. Not every teaching in the scriptures is definitive with no leeway to misinterpret, as a matter of fact, few truths of the scripture are. If there were, more people would believe.

The scriptures don't say anything about Eve being 'in the sway', they state that Eve fell into transgression:

1 Tim 2:14  ...the woman being deceived, fell into transgression [Gk. to overstep, neglect, violate, transgress]

Marques

dave

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »

Fine.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »

Excerpts.

IN THE BEGINNING/IN THE GARDEN

What was the first historically recorded choice of our first parents? We read of Mother Eve that:

"…she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat…" (Gen. 3:6).

But was this the first choice and the first sin attributed to our Mother Eve? No, it wasn’t the first. It was not even the second, or the third choice.

But did our first parents have perfect and good spiritual character of heart when God completed them? Absolutely not! Far from it! They were as carnal-minded as any two people who have ever lived.

The Scriptures show us that Eve committed every known category of sin there is, before she ever ate of the forbidden fruit. This one should knock your socks off. It knocked mine off when I first discovered it.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15.html

adiamondintheson

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »

You know.... we think it's quite interesting how things can begin to go off-kilter on the forum, with different ones voicing their ideas... but then someone will invariably go back and bring up something from Rays studies... and the muddy water clears right UP!!  I love the fact that almost at every point... that mans writings have been so dead-on.  That had to have been a GOD thing... led by the Spirit.. Almighty!!  We have been reading and studying Bible Truths now almost daily for the last 3-4 years... and it just keeps getting better and better.  We are soooo BLESSED in our hearts when we find all these little chunks that keep flying up out of the pages as we read.  (YaHoo.. another little piece to the puzzle).  God has become more real to us in our private times of study, than in all years we went to church put together.  God has been soooo good to us to let us see this light!!!
Thanks to you all who keep this ministry going.  We were a bit scared that when Ray passed it might just all go down the tube...
LU, All
Den & Connie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.