bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell Bound  (Read 3493 times)

JD

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hell Bound
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:18:30 AM »

Hey folks, forum might get busy soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cE7C2hArzE

Does hell exist? If so, who ends up there, and why? Featuring an eclectic group of authors, theologians, pastors, social commentators and musicians, HELLBOUND? is a provocative, feature-length documentary that looks at why we are so bound to the idea of hell and how our beliefs about hell affect the world we are creating today.

Director: Kevin Miller

Cast: Frank Schaeffer, Brian McLaren, Mark Driscoll, William Paul Young

In theaters: September 21st, 2012

http://www.hellboundthemovie.com/resources/ - OFFICAL MOVIE SITE! Check out the links and resources/books etc - very interesting!

Cheers

J.D.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:41:06 AM by JD »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hell Bound
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:40:11 PM »

Very interesting.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

Re: Hell Bound
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »

Love it.

My name is Ray Smith and I love the Scriptures. But I marvel how God's Word is being misrepresented today in such an organized worldwide effort. I believe that Paul calls it "the systematizing of the deception" (Eph. 4:14).

After much meditation, I have some observations on two sermons by you and John Hagee.

There was a time when I too believed many of the unscriptural teachings of modern theology. I see now how the God of Christendom is presented to the world as a God of meager and scant success in the running of His creation resulting in a minuscule reward for His well-intentioned efforts. And what is totally beyond reason or sanity is the teaching that adds colossal insult to this devastating injury. Except for a few who receive God's blessings, billions and billions will receive God's unquenchable frustrated cursings for all eternity.

Gentiles accepting this God of Christendom must also accept the teaching that salvation will ultimately come to only a few of their people, not all. This is hardly a fair exchange for the gods these people are supposed to forsake.

First, let me state my position succinctly:

Whatever we teach must "glorify" God.

"Glory to God in the highest ... " (Lk. 2:14).
    " ... that in all God may be glorified ... " (I Pt. 4:11).

Whatever we teach must not detract one iota from Christ's sacrifice for all humanity.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men the man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a 
    ransom for all to be testified in due time." (I Tim. 2:5-6)

http://bible-truths.com/fulltext/fulltext.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.