bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repent and press onward  (Read 5215 times)

longhorn

Repent and press onward
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »

After months and much unrest of dealing with this verse of scripture, 2Cor 5:21 I must say I was wrong in my understanding of " Christ Made Sin".  This is a very tricky verse when you study the original Hebrew and know that the words " to be " were not in there.  You combine that with what outwardly appears to be a 2nd witness Galations 4:4 " Made of a Women, Made under the Law, if not careful, you can and will close your eyes and ears to further investigation and become " Spritually Lazy ".

I re-listened to Ray's article Christ made sin and what I missed the first time is when Ray talks about our " Flesh" in and of itself ( bones, hair, blood, skin, ect) not being sin, that I agree with.  Hebrews Chapter 10 is entirely about " Offerings " .  Now here was the key verses that really " Opened the heavens" so to speak, Chapter 10 verses 12-14.  " But this man after he had offered ( offering) one " Sacrifice " (not sin) for sins forever. It was a sacrifice or better yet sin offering, and the 2nd witness is just 2 verses later in verse 14, For by one " Offering ", there it is.  In my old belief, that scripture would have to read " For by one " SIN " he has perfected those forever those who are being sanctified.

God led me to another verse that proves that point also, it's Hebrews 13:11-12 " For the (bodies) of those animals whose blood was is brought into the the sanctuary by the high priest for sin (sin Offering) are burned outside the gate. Verse 12 Therefore Jesus ( ALSO) that he might sanctify the people with his own blood ( Sin Offering) suffered outside the gate.  Oh well, when you're wrong you're wrong.  Won't be the last time for me, but I repent and press on.

Longhorn

Gina

Re: Repent and press onward
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:13:47 AM »

You will know the truth and now we're both set free.  So cool my friend.  Thank you :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:15:03 AM »

God bless you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

santgem

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:04:35 AM »

It is a process!

We gain knowledge everyday.... We are all still alive...
 Good things you yourself discover the truth! ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:12 AM »

I really admired what you said here Longhorn, it's the type of example we all should follow in all areas of life. Much respect and admiration my friend.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:07 AM »

Hi Longhorn,

I does seem like sometimes we have to embrace error and then go through correction, so that we can appreciate the truth to a greater degree. I guess it is part of the process. Your willingness to come forward and show your error of thinking and how you were lead to the truth of the matter, certainly will help others. It's not easy, as we will make mistakes and He will correct us, if we are His.

Heb 12:5  And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by Him.
v. 6  For the Lord disciplines the one He loves, and chastises every son whom He receives."
v. 7  It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »

:) to you longhorn!
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

eggi

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »

So glad that you were saved from your problems with this. It is a wonderful thing to know that you have a complete understanding and you can rest in that.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »

Wonderful that new understanding has been opened to you, and that the Lord has set you free Longhorn.

I also enjoyed the warm responces you have recieved.

Blessings

Arc

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 12:34:25 AM »

all those past "brain explosions" were just making way for the "Spiritual explosions" longhorn.   ;) 8)  you are priceless brother.  thank you for sharing with us.   :)

claudia

Samson

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »

Hi Longhorn,

I appreciate your sincerity, honesty and desire to further re-examine this Topic, ie-"Christ made Sin(Sin Offering). Yes, the parts of Our Body of Flesh(Sarx-Gk) don't commit Sin, but Our Carnal Mind or Fleshly thinking is where Sin resides. It's refreshing to read your admission, especially in a World full of deceit, deception and dishonesty coupled with arrogance and pride. Thank you for your Post, it's a positive CAUSE for All of us and promotes a respect towards you and the very few others that admit their misunderstanding or even error. It encourages the attempt to take the time to re-read the articles By Ray, not following the Man, but paying attention to the material itself, to see whether it's True or False, not basing the material on the Personality of the Vessel used By God.

Thank you, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.