bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dictator  (Read 5161 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Dictator
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:47:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7HtO57f1Es&feature=player_embedded

‎"Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate;
has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in:
machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical,
our cleverness hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little:
More than machinery we need humanity;
More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness."

I am reminded of this verse when hearing this speech;

Romans 8:21-22 "Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION GROANS and travails IN PAIN TOGETHER until now."

I don't agree with every part of the speech but the idea is good, it's honest and that's what matters. It speaks to me. It's pure.

It harkens to a truth buried within every man, in some cases more deeper than others but nonetheless, a hope that an entire creation is crying out for.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

AwesomeSavior

Re: The Dictator
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »

I like how Charlie Chaplin quotes that verse in Scripture "The kingdom of God is within you" even if he didn't quite understand the significance.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:11:43 PM »

I like how Charlie Chaplin quotes that verse in Scripture "The kingdom of God is within you" even if he didn't quite understand the significance.

Yes, there are a few things that I don't agree with completely such as the Idea that it is in man's power to make right the things which are wrong but like I said in my original post, the message is one of good. Do good.

It also reminded me of that piece of scripture which I shared. I can just hear the groaning of this creation in that speech, the thing's which men cannot say yet the spirit whispers.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:20:37 AM »

Oh love it.

Have you seen the original?   Charlie Chaplin , aw man he's my fav.   Does that make me a fan girl, Alex?   ;D ;)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 04:40:00 AM »

Oh love it.

Have you seen the original?   Charlie Chaplin , aw man he's my fav.   Does that make me a fan girl, Alex?   ;D ;)

I'm glad you loved it gina, I really do enjoy it very much. I showed both my friend and my brother it and they were very moved by it. If you didn't catch it, the main character speaking in this animation video is a Dr.

One thing that always pulled me to wanting to be a Dr. was the oath to "Do NO harm." To cherish life and want to save it, regardless of color, race, religious creed or personal accomplishments. All life is precious and I believe it fully. We are all children of our Father, some of us have just been blessed to know Him a little better then the rest. Freely we have recieved so freely we shall give. We are being made into His image so let us show the world the light of our Father which burns in hearts, which consumes us, which drives us to do good.

Sometimes, when I see evil things in the world or people in pain, my heart aches terribly. It pains me so much and I wish I could just tell those people, that they are loved, that I love them.. that God loves them. That evil is not the end of all things, that Love will triumph and good will win.

Sorry, going off on a tangent here.. lol

To answer your question, I have not seen the original move nor the original speech in its entirety but perhaps one day I shall. I do know charlie chaplin though, who wouldn't? As for being a fan girl.. i'm not really sure.. but if he's your favorite then maybe :D

Gina

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:17:32 AM »

You will appreciate this: 

Something the Lord Made http://youtu.be/UmiRohBSy5Y

This Emmy-winning HBO film based on a true story follows white surgeon Alfred Blalock (Alan Rickman) and his black assistant, Vivien Thomas (Mos Def), who teamed in the 1940s to develop a procedure to save children suffering from a heart defect. But Thomas's status as a second-class citizen prevented him from getting recognition, as Blalock took all the credit. Their relationship, while close, was complicated by the social realities of the time. ~ Netflix

Saw it years ago and was in awe. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:20:10 AM by Gina »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 01:49:05 AM »

You will appreciate this: 

Something the Lord Made http://youtu.be/UmiRohBSy5Y

This Emmy-winning HBO film based on a true story follows white surgeon Alfred Blalock (Alan Rickman) and his black assistant, Vivien Thomas (Mos Def), who teamed in the 1940s to develop a procedure to save children suffering from a heart defect. But Thomas's status as a second-class citizen prevented him from getting recognition, as Blalock took all the credit. Their relationship, while close, was complicated by the social realities of the time. ~ Netflix

Saw it years ago and was in awe.

Okay, i'm sold! I want to see this now!!! Thank you for sharing! :D

Gina

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »

Sure thing, Alex.  It doesn't disappoint.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.