bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: marriage woes "divorce"  (Read 17503 times)

Jeff

Re: marriage woes "divorce"
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »

Here it is again, for a refresher:

"For those of us who have come out of the church - where do we get married?" 

Here is my answer:  Wherever you want.  It’s none of the State’s (or anyone else’s) business. That was my point in adding to this conversation.  WHO CARES what the unbelievers think about what or how WE are to marry. Their definitions simply do not apply to us in cases where the Bible is clear on a proper understanding of an institution such as “marriage”.

My question came out of reading Ray's paper on marriage/matrimony which are two different things.  Matrimony has to do with the "ceremony" and "celebration" and marriage is what comes after that.  It was really pretty interesting and not something I'd considered.  It was then that I wondered where those who came out of the church would get married.  I should have thought it through before posting because the answer is fairly obvious.  I have the tendency to do that.  My question never had anything to do with what the world thinks about me or what I do and I don't care what the world is doing for the most part.

Example:  I have a sister-in-law who imagines herself to be a Believer, yet is on her third ‘marriage’ after walking out on her second husband, and father of her children, because, as far as anyone can tell, she was ‘bored’ of him.

I've been reading the Scriptures more lately regarding what they say about divorce.  Doing an in depth study of Matthew 5:31-32 might change your perspective a bit.  I was amazed at how much information was overlooked in the translation of those verses, as well as many others.

Kat

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2015, 04:47:44 PM »

Well put Dave, exactly how I see it.

Where homosexuality is concerned we do not accept their definition. Your main gripe seems to be with the homosexual influence on our society...

If you agree we don’t have to accept their definitions, though, as I contend, then what do YOU mean by that?

To answer your question, what I feel many people believe is that there is nothing wrong with the homosexual lifestyle, and they say that's because homosexuals and lesbians are not 'hurting' anybody, they just want to be loved for who they are and it's their choice.

It is my own personal belief that I do not accept that "there is nothing wrong with the homosexual lifestyle"... I believe it is a sin (as the Bible says) to engage in any kind of sexual perversion.

1Cor 6:9  Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (sodomites),

Now it's my understanding, and I don't go around forcing my opinion about this on anybody, unless I'm asked (that's not going to happen).

mercy, peace and love
Kat

rick

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2015, 09:33:28 PM »

Luk 6:37  And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

The world is fulfilling Gods intentions, all His intentions. Luk 6:37 is a good way to respond to the world.

God bless.  :)

Jeff

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2015, 09:56:33 PM »

Luk 6:37  And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

The world is fulfilling Gods intentions, all His intentions. Luk 6:37 is a good way to respond to the world.

Truth!

lurquer

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2015, 11:09:48 PM »

I guess your sister-in-law will need a good lawyer and a good judge to untangle her marriage situation.

You lost me, Dave.  She already secured the services of a lawyer and a judge to "legalize" her divorce and subsequent re-"marriage".  Her current adulterous "marriage" is 100% legal...just like the married couples in this country formerly known as sodomites.  If you were being facetious, I still don't get it.

Kat, of course you "don't go around forcing your opinion on anyone"...You can't anyway. It's illegal for you to "force" your opinion onto others.  Only people in government costumes are permitted to do that.  And unlike your metaphorical threat of force, theirs is very real. Are you suggesting--again--that I desire to "force" my beliefs/opinions onto others?  NOT.  Why don't you believe me?

Kat

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 11:33:54 PM »

Neo, you did read that I said "I don't go around forcing my opinion." That means me, not you. You asked "what do YOU mean by that?" and I was explaining what I meant and how I do things.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:37:15 PM by Kat »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »

Good enough.  I can feel this one going into 7 pages.

If you have any questions that might fit in another thread, please ask them that way.  If you have any 1 on 1 comments or questions, please ask them via pm.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.