bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What I miss about going to church  (Read 7234 times)

uridimitri

What I miss about going to church
« on: August 03, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »

It's been more than a year since my last Sunday at church. I don't regret my decision but the thing I miss most is the praise and worship. My favorite worship songs are "Magnificent" by Hillsong and "I can only Imagine."

In fact, back then when I was struggling on my decision to leave or not, I was asking myself during a praise and worship: "How could this be wrong?" Well eventually I made my decision to leave so here I am now. But I sure miss the singing..

gregorydc

Re: What I miss about going to church
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:01 PM »

I do too, but I listen to and adult contemporary christian radio station and sing my heart out to God all the time!  Doesn't matter if your with others or not cause God can hear you. Plus in my car I can sing with all my heart and voice and no one can hear me be off key. Lol. Hope this makes ya feel better
Greg

newgene87

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:14:24 AM »

I can totally agree. I still go to "church" for my wife's sake; cause she doesnt know about these truths. I take one day at a time and as we're reading scripture together i'm SLOWLY revealing "truths" to her. Buttt as i'm in her church; yes, the singing can be very gratifying. My church before is like a rock concert and the feeling is EXACTLY like a concert. Ray spoke of this on his "worship" teaching; and yes, it is all gratification of the flesh. It "feels" good. Definitely with a room full of "believers" that are joyful, singing, clapping --- i totally agree, it's a good feeling. But at the end of it; i'm sure glad i know what TRUE Worship is and True Praise is. Not just the "shadows" or its various "forms". Now I DONT miss all the shouting, and yelling, and crying, and crackers and grapejuice....at my spiritual maturity level, i just see it's ALL VAIN. And they swear theyre holy. Well, Our Savior will save them as well :) :). I thankful for my journey and at the same time honor theirs.

Gina

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:28:42 AM »

Here you are uridimitri and Greg:

http://youtu.be/FysXVvbUtCE

My church experience comes pretty close to Eugene's.  Here's a spoof and it's so right on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RJBd8zE48A&feature=related

Ha ha

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:01:42 AM »

I split before 'praise music' came into prominence.  I liked the hymns myself, and contemporary (for the period) christian.

Last time I was in church, it was a christmas music program.  It really struck me that (besides all the Christmas is Jesus nonsense) at least a couple of the songs were about the salvation of the world.  I reckon I 'worshipped' then, but there wasn't a smile on any face in the choir.  Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I kept thinking they weren't smiling because it was hard to fit "if man will choose by his free will to accept the gift, otherwise he is lost forever" (which should have been going through their minds as good baptists) into the rythm.  That's a lot of extra beats. 

I don't know why it wouldn't have been...it certainly went through my mind reading scripture before.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

eagle

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 05:14:12 AM »

Here you are uridimitri and Greg:

http://youtu.be/FysXVvbUtCE

That video made me nauseous, and when the pink rose with the sparkling stars was shown I almost puked. If anyone feel offended by my reaction, y`all have to forgive me  :)

Gina

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 05:39:09 AM »

lol  You did not offend me!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »

Ignorance can be bliss and who's to judge or condemn that?

The Truth sets free, and who shall deny that? lol ~ :)

longhorn

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 01:26:15 PM »

The last time I was in church I had a pint of vodka on board, so yes, I had a pretty good time.

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »

I miss the worship/praise too once in awhile;  I miss the fellowship of other believers a lot- thats why i still go to womens bible study once a week to go to lunch w/ the girls..sometimes its very hard tho....

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »

If you want a station that plays Christian music, albeit the lyrics aren't always scripturally accurate but it's still nice, then check out www.thefish959.com/

They are a radio station in my area in california.

:)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »

Yeah, haha, I'm familiar with thefish.

I like the DJs on Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW 89.9.  They always play songs that aren't mainstream.  Every once in awhile, like yesterday, I'll catch a track list that I love.  Which reminds me.... gotta go get my Frank Ocean song... :)

gregorydc

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:19 AM »

Hey Gina I watched your videos the spoof was completely hilarious. If that's not todays church goings I will eat my hat! Lol. The other one well not so much I'm with eagle on that one , nauseating is not quite strong enough though but very close! Lol

Gina

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »

lol  You're laughin now!  haha

Yeah, as for the other song -- I don't blame you or Eagle one little bit.  (No offense Uridimitri.)

Ian 155

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:49 AM »

I recall Ray used the word "Crock" quite  often - see the opening title ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlOpo3GFgeM&sns=fb

John from Kentucky

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

NOTHING
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.