bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fellowship  (Read 2743 times)

gregorydc

fellowship
« on: August 03, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »

I know I kinda rushed into things when I came to this site and I apologize to all of you for being so rude. Let's start anew please. Hello my name is Greg, and I came upon this site through another site. I have been looking and praying to God to show me and teach me the truth, others who believe what is said, and can teach the mysteries of the bible. Taaa daaa here you all are. Thank you GOD. I feel I have been looking most of my life for this place. I started out as a child a Jehovah's witness. I learned many truths through studying the bible with them but many unanswered questions as a child turned me from them. I fell off the "church" bus for quite sometime exploring my own beast and letting it grow quite huge. After 10 or 15 years of the alcohol and parties I finally found someone who would have me as a mate, we were married and had two wonderful children together. Plus an older stepson, kind of a ready made family for me.…  in the last couple of years God began to pull me towards Him again. My marriage is on the rocks now, my wife wants a divorce, and we have been separated for over a year now. My kids and I don't like it at all but life goes on I suppose. Any way in this separation I have read the bible one time completely through front to back. I have started going ,and stopped,to a baptist church. I love the people there but every time I ask questions why this is done or that, and why they believe the way they do I get nothing scriptural but what seems to me a bunch of hoopla. Thank God he led me to this site and many fellow minded people. I have written another entry about dreams I have had but most seem to shy away from this "grey area" this is OK. And to those who have not I thank you greatly. I bring this up because I believe these dreams are from God. I was given five dreams of which I know for sure two were warnings for they have come true but the other three I don't know yet. That is why I posted my other query on the other page. I know God has something planned for me but without my "spiritual seeing eye dog" if you will. Hopefully this site will be that for me it has already showed me so much through what I have read in Rays teachings. I have also found so much peace and love in this site through what I have read from what other people have written to me and to others. Although a few seem to try to whimsically down play what I asked that is OK too because they have opened my eyes to see that maybe I am just another piece of clay and not a "dreamer of dreams"   I know that everyone is here to help and I will refuse no person his say to anything I write because sometimes I am a narrow minded individual and need to be open to other interpretations also. Well that's about all I have to say for now I guess. Thank you for "listening" 

Greg

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: fellowship
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 01:14:23 AM »

It's good to 'meet' you Greg.  It's really OK to just jump in anywhere, but it's always nice to get a bit of background, especially over the internet.

I've had meaningful dreams, and I've also had completely stupid, scary, and erotic dreams...leftovers of my stupid, scary, or lust-riddled day.   :o  It might not be the quality of the 'dreamer', but the quality of the dream to be concerned with.

Anyway, we're all just lumps of clay, but for me that isn't about our 'worth' to God, but about our "will" compared to His sovereignty. 

Between the time I stumbled onto B-T and found the link to the forum, I had a very vivid dream in which I was seated next to a man I just 'knew' was Ray in a large church during a service. (I hadn't so much as heard Ray's voice or seen so much as a photo of him).  The preacher said something about 'choosing' hell, and "Ray" stood up and very calmly interrupted the service.  The 'deacons' or 'ushers' or whoever came to drag him out, and I found a little courage to follow him.  We were deposited outside and in a few minutes were talking to a few others who had 'left' in all the ruckus.

That's pretty much it.  And that's pretty much come 'true', though no event in my life thus far has matched it physically and literally.  Even when I finally saw what he looked like, he wasn't the 'man' in my dreams.  That guy was bald.   :)

If yours are more 'symbolic' than that one, I doubt I'd be able to help you much.   ;)

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

Re: fellowship
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

Hey Greg,

What Dave said. :) 

I know this may not apply but I like to daydream.  A LOT. 

When I first came to B-T and started devouring Ray's words, I developed this mental picture in my head--I was a little girl about 5 years old standing behind Ray who was protecting me from the lies of Christendom who were coming at us angry and twisting the word of God.  And I'd always be kinda peering around his left arm to see what their reactions were, but I could never really see them; all I ever saw was Ray -- his left hand and arm were always protecting me while in his right hand he pointed a literal sword at those who were coming at us.  He basically had no competition.  ha!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:06:00 AM by Gina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.