bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gifts vs Fruit of the Spirit  (Read 4046 times)

newgene87

Gifts vs Fruit of the Spirit
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »

alright alright alright. I was reading over Ray's paper on "speaking in tongues", i thought i had a question for yall but ray answered in the paper ;D...but, only to spark another question ::). Ray says,

"And never confuse GIFTS of the Spirit, with "FRUIT of the Spirit." For the FRUIT of the Spirit is higher than the Gifts of the Spirit than the heavens are higher than the earth. For all of the "GIFTS of the Spirit" are of the earth, EARTHY, whereas the "FRUIT of the Spirit" is truly HEAVENLY.

Do you believe that Paul admonished the Corinthians in VAIN when he said:

"So that ye come behind in no gift [‘the gifts of healing, miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, kinds of languages, and interpretation of languages’] …And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual [Even with ALL of the Spiritual Gifts they possessed], but as unto carnal [‘hating God, not being subject to God’s law’] , even as unto BABES [‘infants, immature]… for ye are YET CARNAL" (I Cor. 1:7; 3:1 & 3.)

~ END QUOTE ~

sooooo, how are the Gifts of the Spirit earthy, the fruit are spiritual....but they are Gifts OF THE SPIRIT??? Now, i'll be clear, this has NOTHING to do with "tongue speaking", Ray nails EVERYTHING in that paper regarding tongues or this gibberish that the church of today is blabbering out. I'm referring to the othe gifts...

"For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom; and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit: 9 to another faith, in the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the one Spirit; 10 and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues  8); and to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 but all these worketh the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each one severally even as he will." (1 Corinthians 12:8-11

so just wondering; are these earthy?? thank you all in advance

Eugene

Kat

Re: Gifts vs Fruit of the Spirit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:40:01 AM »

Hi Eugene,

sooooo, how are the Gifts of the Spirit earthy, the fruit are spiritual....but they are Gifts OF THE SPIRIT??? Now, i'll be clear, this has NOTHING to do with "tongue speaking", Ray nails EVERYTHING in that paper regarding tongues or this gibberish that the church of today is blabbering out. I'm referring to the othe gifts...

"For to one is given through the Spirit the word of wisdom; and to another the word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit: 9 to another faith, in the same Spirit; and to another gifts of healings, in the one Spirit; 10 and to another workings of miracles; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues  8); and to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 but all these worketh the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each one severally even as he will." (1 Corinthians 12:8-11

If you will notice in all of those gifts that you have highlighted, these concern good works and are to live a righteous life, so they deal with things here and now on earth. Now consider the fruit of the Spirit.

Gal 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, meekness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

When you have the Spirit indwelling God will product the fruit of the Spirit within you. These fruits are the development of God's own character/image within our heart and mind. These fruits are much higher in nature than the gifts/works that are for this life, because they are spiritual/heavenly in nature and transcend this physical life/world. This world and the things in it are temporary, but the fruit of the Spirit is "righteousness through Jesus Christ," that is eternal and will always remain as a permanent part of our character.

Php 1:11  being filled with the fruits of righteousness through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

mercy, peacec and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:33 AM »

I wanted to add to what Kat said and maybe make a clearer distinction between the gifts and the fruit :

1CR 13:1-8

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith [I don't believe this faith is the faith OF Christ, Eugene but what is given/"measured" out to us], so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity [love], I am nothing.

3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity [love], it profiteth me nothing.

4 Charity [not prophesying, not speaking in tongues, etc., but LOVE] suffereth long, and is kind; charity [not prophesying, not speaking in tongues, etc., but LOVE, you get the picture] envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

[Wow, did you notice all the fruits of the Spirit in verses 4-7 directly above?  Notice how they flow from the source of Love?  I never saw that before.  I'm gonna say it again - another excellent post.]

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith [I could be wrong again, but I believe this is speaking to the faith OF Jesus and not the portion that is measured out to each of us], hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:02:52 AM by Gina »

newgene87

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »

So heres my two favorite spiritual mothers NAILING it again. Idk why I didnt just read the next chapter over smh. And thank you kat - they do describe "good works" that are for us on this earth. Thank you both. I got it now ;)

Eugene

Gina

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »

So heres my two favorite spiritual mothers NAILING it again.

\o/ 

(yay!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.