bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: peace?  (Read 9963 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: peace?
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »

June ‘07 Bible Study
http://bible-truths.com/audio/6-03-07.mp3

Eph 4 v. 6  one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all.

It’s all ONE! 

All, means ALL.

Nine fruits of the Spirit, are ONE. ~   It is the Honor of Kings to search out this matter. ~  ;D 

Though there be many persons, multiple experiences, unique and diverse perspectives, it's all ONE.

When you feel Peace in your Bosom, it may just as well be Kindness, Goodness, Love, etc. When we speak of Endurance, we may just as well be speaking of Patience, Longsuffering, Peace and Faithfulness.

God is ONE. Humans compartmentalise!  ie....divide and rule, separate into categories and meter out judgements. LOL. 

When Jesus said, My Peace I give unto you, did that mean he held back His Love, Joy, Kindness, Goodness, Patience, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Selfcontrol?....LOL....It is ALL ONE! ~

Arc

Gina

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 06:21:43 AM »

June ‘07 Bible Study
http://bible-truths.com/audio/6-03-07.mp3

Eph 4 v. 6  one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in you all.

It’s all ONE! 

All, means ALL.

Nine fruits of the Spirit, are ONE. ~   It is the Honor of Kings to search out this matter. ~  ;D 

Though there be many persons, multiple experiences, unique and diverse perspectives, it's all ONE.

When you feel Peace in your Bosom, it may just as well be Kindness, Goodness, Love, etc. When we speak of Endurance, we may just as well be speaking of Patience, Longsuffering, Peace and Faithfulness.

God is ONE. Humans compartmentalise!  ie....divide and rule, separate into categories and meter out judgements. LOL. 

When Jesus said, My Peace I give unto you, did that mean he held back His Love, Joy, Kindness, Goodness, Patience, Gentleness, Faithfulness and Selfcontrol?....LOL....It is ALL ONE! ~

Arc

Face palm.  I get it.  Finally.  Beautiful.  Thank you.  :)

santgem

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »

My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearfulJohn 14:27

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

Peace! What peace? Is there any peace on earth? YES there is!

If you know the truth, the truth shall make you free!

What kind of truth? the truth that there is no HELL that will torture you forever and ever and ever without ending ever forever!

Well, in that case i have peace of mind. The question that i'm looking for an answer a long long  time ago until i found Ray articles and papers regarding Hell. I am now confident and not worried that in the end i will not be tortured and barbecued in Hell hole of fire, and that give me peace of mind, and that is Peace! The peace of mind that  Jesus gave me for that truth and understanding, and i will give it all to you if you want! :) ;)

and,

Small things mean a lot. Try to start appreciates small things, this will make you at peace for the moment. One more thing, if you can not help others at least do not bother them and take advantage out of them, then you will find peace at all! :-*

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:57:43 AM by santgem »

walt123

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »

Hello ,all

Philippians 4
New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters,[a] stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work.

Words of Encouragement

2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. 3 And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.

4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Paul’s Thanks for Their Gifts

10 How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 13 For I can do everything through Christ,[c] who gives me strength. 14 Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.

15 As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this. 16 Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. 17 I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness.

18 At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

20 Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen.

Walt.

Gina

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

Beautiful Walt. Thank you. :)

6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace,

Ian 155

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 01:53:58 PM »

I agree  PEACE  -  WHAT DAT ??

the truth

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 04:09:27 PM »

Isa 26:3  Thou wilt keepH5341 him in perfect peace,H5796 H7965 whose mindH3336 is stayedH5564 on thee: becauseH3588 he trustethH982 in the Lord.

H7965
שׁלם    שׁלום
shâlôm  shâlôm
shaw-lome', shaw-lome'
From H7999; safe, that is, (figuratively) well, happy, friendly; also (abstractly) welfare, that is, health, prosperity, peace: -  X do, familiar, X fare, favour, + friend, X greet, (good) health, (X perfect, such as be at) peace (-able, -ably), prosper (-ity, -ous), rest, safe (-ly), salute, welfare, (X all is, be) well, X wholly.

GaryK

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »

I have a strange question that has been kinda eating at me … how long does it take to get the peace, I can read in many of your statements, into your life? I seem to struggle with so many demons like anger, worry, selfishness. When does the peace come in? Where or what am I missing?

Still a babe in Christ,
Greg

Everyone struggles, even believers, but no one is exempt.   Life is hard for all.

But since you center on your struggle with:

"demons like anger, worry, selfishness"......

There are two kinds of peace that I can see, for now.   Probably more, but I'll pick on two.

One kind of peace.

Hebrews 4
New International Version (NIV)

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

That addresses both the believer and the non-believer.

Doesn't sound very peaceful, does it?   But there is peace there.

For the believer the word of God is, apparently, actively judging your thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  That's good.   Hard struggle, but good.   Hope.   

But nothing is hidden, believer or non-believer.  Everyone will give account.

Another kind of peace.

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[f] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are —yet he did not sin.

Just what it says.  He understands our weaknesses because he has been tempted as we are.  Empathy.   A good thing from the highest.   What else could possible be better?   

If Hebrews 4:12 wasn't in operation in your life..........you wouldn't have cared to even ask.

There's a certain amount of 'peace' in both.  Not easy, but achieving 'peace' never is.

For what it's worth.

rsks

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »

Trusting that God is sovereign is the only way I even remotely feel peaceful.

Each time my stomach goes into a knot about some worry over family or friends, I go right to "Ok God, you are in charge, just help me get through THIS day"  One day at a time Kelli, I tell myself, one day at a time.

And then I ponder on all the blessings God has given me so far, my 14 year old one pound 5 ounce Chihuahua for instance, a perfect reminder to me every day of God's unconditional love.

In short I don't think any one of us ever "gets" it for good and now you are all set.  I think it's a by having to look to Him for his sovereignty thing  "every second of your life" .

Gina

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06:30 AM »

Too true, Kelli.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.