bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Testament  (Read 5552 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Old Testament
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

I read your publication on tithing is unscriptural under the new covenant. please does that mean that old covenant in the old testament has nothing to do with us again now? Should we consider the new one only?
From
Mafeng Pwol

Dear Reader:
Your question is highly complex and cannot be answered with a simple "yes," the Old Testament is for us or "no" the Old Testament is not for us. It would take ten to twenty pages to explain this in detail. I have taken your email out of order--there are 618 unanswered
emails ahead of yours, and time will not permit me to write essay type answers to very large subjects such as you are addressing. There is much that we learn from the Old Testament, even though there is much in it that we as Believers are NOT to incorporate into our Faith in Jesus Christ. Example:  "Now these things [everything written in the Hebrew Scriptures] were our examples, to the intent WE SHOULD NOT lust....NOT be idolaters...NOT commit fornication...NOT tempt Chriist...NOT murmur...." etc., etc., etc. (I Cor. 10:6-11).
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.