bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray  (Read 6236 times)

Gina

Ray
« on: August 10, 2012, 04:02:29 AM »

I was in the elevator going up to my office the other day and a man I never noticed before got on mid-way through and he reminded me a LOT of Ray in appearance and personality.

Needless to say, I look forward to going to the office now. I'm serious.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:15:01 PM »

Hello dear Gina,

So, are you saying that that's all it takes to make your day? A good looking man with an interesting personality? I assume that he also may be an attorney and from a different office than yours.

I can see better now where you found your motto "stumbling toward ecstasy". (smile)

So, have you made an effort to find out where he works and if he is available?
Inquiring minds want to know the details of your adventures.

Love and hugs, OLD Bob

Gina

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »

lol  Bob.  I'm gonna get you for that.  You better run mister!  :) 

I'll get a picture of him if he'll let me.  He works on the 8th floor of our building.  He's not what I'd call "falling-over-backwards-gorgeous" or anything but that don't make no-nevah-mind.  ;D  He reminds me of Ray.  It's kinda comforting.

Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is the title of a song - which fits me perfectly - always fumbling am I.  But the word ecstasy is used numerous times through my Amplified Bible to describe joy/trance/rapture.  Here's one example.

Luke 5

5:23  Which is easier: to say, Your sins are forgiven you, or to say, Arise and walk [about]?

5:24  But that you may know that the Son of Man has the [power of] authority {and} right on earth to forgive sins, He said to the paralyzed man, I say to you, arise, pick up your litter (stretcher), and go to your own house!

5:25  And instantly [the man] stood up before them and picked up what he had been lying on and went away to his house, recognizing {and} praising {and} thanking God.

5:26  And overwhelming astonishment {and} ecstasy seized them all, and they recognized {and} praised {and} thanked God; and they were filled with {and} controlled by reverential fear and kept saying, We have seen wonderful {and} strange {and} incredible {and} unthinkable things today!

indianabob

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »

Hey youthful Gina,
You will have to catch me first.

Seriously though, I do understand to a small extent the idea of ecstasy beyond comprehension. It came upon me a couple of times as I was studying and as I realized what it truly meant to "possibly" be one of God's elect. To truly realize and believe it in my own mind and heart that I could speak to God or to God's son the Lord Jesus as to a friend, to have him place his hand on my shoulder to comfort and steady my thoughts.

Sometimes it is similar to being at a wake and trying to comfort a friend who is grieving for a lost child or spouse. You can be so sincere about it that you begin to weep and you haven't yet spoken a word.
It is at those rare times in study or meditation that one may be closest to our elder brother the Lord Jesus. It is at those times that a person can know that they are forgiven and established in Christ.
It is complete ecstasy in peace with God.
Isn't that what we are facing in our near future?

I-bob

Duane

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:12 PM »

Gina--I am beaming all over thinking of you and Mr. X getting an "extra lift' from the elevator ride!  (Kind of like the "extra lift" Marilyn Monroe gave the world when she walked over the man-hole grate!)

Anyway, I, too, NEVER DREAMED I would find witings that were as deep or that would parallel in agreement with Ray's masterpieces until a fellow FB Christian asked if I ever read:  J. Preston Eby's (works).  Being VERY GUARDED and PROTECTIVE of my feelings for Ray and B-T, I cautiously took a peek and RAY MUST HAVE HAD A SPIRITUAL TWIN!
So, not wanting to "advertise", I will just say "I REALLY MISS RAY" and will be FOREVER reading his writings.

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 02:56:57 AM »

duane, i looked at some of the old emails to ray, and found one from april 2007 in which ray discusses some of his thoughts on j. preston eby.   you may not have read this particular one.  below is a portion of that email:

I read several whole papers of J. Preston Eby before I came across such things as this Kersey guy teaches:  The Doctrine of Circularity, in which Eby teaches we are eternal spirit beings having no beginning, and that we lived with God from eternity, but apparently forgot all that when He put into these physical bodies, for what godly purpose I know not, seeing that we are already perfect from all eternity.  Eby too believes in a "modified" version of free will. He also speaks in gibberish, teaches tithing of money, and such unscriptural heresy.

I know where you are coming from, Lois. I have personally "been there done that."
        I would encourage you to keep reading  the material on our site. If you come to any statement of any consequence that does not have Scriptures to back it up, write me and let me know about, okay.

God be with you,
        Ray

Gina

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »

Hey youthful Gina,
You will have to catch me first.

Seriously though, I do understand to a small extent the idea of ecstasy beyond comprehension. It came upon me a couple of times as I was studying and as I realized what it truly meant to "possibly" be one of God's elect. To truly realize and believe it in my own mind and heart that I could speak to God or to God's son the Lord Jesus as to a friend, to have him place his hand on my shoulder to comfort and steady my thoughts.

Sometimes it is similar to being at a wake and trying to comfort a friend who is grieving for a lost child or spouse. You can be so sincere about it that you begin to weep and you haven't yet spoken a word.
It is at those rare times in study or meditation that one may be closest to our elder brother the Lord Jesus.
It is at those times that a person can know that they are forgiven and established in Christ.
It is complete ecstasy in peace with God.
Isn't that what we are facing in our near future?

I-bob

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, and yes, I believe that's what we are facing in our near future.   :) 

Gina

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »

duane, i looked at some of the old emails to ray, and found one from april 2007 in which ray discusses some of his thoughts on j. preston eby.   you may not have read this particular one.  below is a portion of that email:

I read several whole papers of J. Preston Eby before I came across such things as this Kersey guy teaches:  The Doctrine of Circularity, in which Eby teaches we are eternal spirit beings having no beginning, and that we lived with God from eternity, but apparently forgot all that when He put into these physical bodies, for what godly purpose I know not, seeing that we are already perfect from all eternity.  Eby too believes in a "modified" version of free will. He also speaks in gibberish, teaches tithing of money, and such unscriptural heresy.

I know where you are coming from, Lois. I have personally "been there done that."
        I would encourage you to keep reading  the material on our site. If you come to any statement of any consequence that does not have Scriptures to back it up, write me and let me know about, okay.

God be with you,
        Ray

Thank you for pulling that out, Claudia. 

Hey Duane,  I even think Eby has some interesting insights but I sense an air of vanity, or dishonesty, or immaturity, maybe it's fear  or a combination of all that, surrounding him / his teachings.  I can't tell you why I think that is.  Ray was none of that.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »

Hi again Duane,

I agree with the critique of J. Preston Eby's total writings.
It is good advice to use extreme care.
Even Satan MAKES HIMSELF into an angel of "the light".
Very few would swallow patent lies whole, but many if not most will swallow almost any type of spiritual poison if it is sweetened with enough sugar.

Thanks for your research and please keep on double checking.

Indianabob

gmik

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

Eby probably was used by God for a time or season and helped some people at stages in their journey.  Maybe a nugget is used to help Duane in whatever...people ease up...I was reading Martin Zender for awhile until i saw some things and have moved on..but he hellped for a moment in my life ...the Lord can teach us from a braying a@@ if He wants too.. but for me I always come back to Ray's papers..but I am  not afraid to read others.....FYI newbies....stick w/ Ray till you mature ;)

Gina

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 04:06:36 PM »

Hey, Duane  -- I don't think anyone is coming down on you for reading Eby.  We just want to caution you.  It's easy to misinterpret a person's written "tone."

Martin Zender (aka Jeff Priddy) was a friend of Ray's, but I can't picture Ray recommending Zender's writings to the mature, or anyone.

As far as the arse, it only spoke the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth LOL:

Num 22

28 Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to
     Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?”
29 And Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a fool of me. I wish I had a sword in my hand,
     for then I would kill you.”
30 And the donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey, on which you have ridden all your life long to this
    day? Is it my habit to treat you this way?” And he said, “No.”
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.