bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5174 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:52:29 PM »

Ray,

A quick note. I took some time this evening to read through some of the dialogue between yourself and others on the topic of tithing. It is my humble opinion that there is no throwing out the baby with the bath water when it comes to bible study. We look at Old Testament prophecy and concepts to confirm or support our New Testament beliefs and we look at the New Testament to clarify or fulfill the OT. Remember John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". Whether it is tithing, using instruments in worship, congregational worship, gifts of the spirit etc.... Furthermore, food was to the Old Testament what money is to us today. I am not sure why there would be a debate on this topic by true believers in Christ? I for one barely scrape by these days, but faithfully tithe (OT terminology, but biblical truth nonetheless) and joyfully give out of any increase. To me an increase is anything above zero! Also remember the lady tha t anointed Jesus with expensive oil and Jesus later rebuked the disciples for condemning her for her actions or the lady that gave the last of the last that she had and was promised blessings from the Lords own mouth. I'm not a theologian or a scholar, but I do know truth when I see it as well as deception.

Thanks for your time,

--
Daniel

Dear Daniel: There is absolue NOTHING in your above email that has ANYTHING to do with the subject of "tithing."  Did you not read my paper on the subject?  Did you fail to look at the Scriptures I referenced?
God be with you,
Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.