bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: did ray ever talk about...  (Read 4714 times)

gmik

did ray ever talk about...
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »

the difference between;

God inspired every exact word of scripture    vs.

God inspiring men to write the Bible??

Thanks in advance if you can point me to anything he wrote about it...

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: did ray ever talk about...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:47:14 PM »

FOUNDATIONAL TRUTHS . . . . . . . . . . . Biblestudy Feb. 2008
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

GOD’S WORD DOES NOT LIE!

John 17:17  Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy WORD is truth.

John 10:35  …and the SCRIPTURE cannot be broken;

2 Tim 3:16  ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

So the Scripture are true. They are true and they can’t be broken and they are written through the inspiration of God, who does not lie. Now have you got that point in your mind? Don’t ever lose that. This is your salvation, when it comes to you understanding the Scriptures and/or teaching others to understand the Scriptures or exposing those who contradict themselves.

We can now apply this TRUTH to ALL Scriptures. With just that Truth we can confound the mighty of this world and I’ll show you how to do it. This is not going to be a difficult study. But it is going to be maybe one of the most profound studies I’ve ever given.

Brad
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

newgene87

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »

Ray has talked about, taught about, and must have LIVED about it because his teachings are SOUND AND TRUE ;D ;D Reading 4 papers in 5 days has made me realize

RAY TRULY BELIEVED IN THE TRUTH AND PURITY OF THE SCRIPTURES - clarifying the heresy starting in the church BEFORE bible translations, MAN mixing in their beliefs in the translations (afterlife, freewill, sovereingty of God, "hell") - Ray was AND IS FAITHFUL in pointing out the complete inspiration and truth of Scripture. So the words are inspired but heresies of the church, Eygptian religion, and TRANSLATIONS hide so many truths. the more you read the teachings on this site, your question will become clear. The Scriptures are beautiful, they dont contradict and they agree.

I learned ALL that from Ray and bible truths. 

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:26:28 PM »

Also need to remember [and it's not a small point at all] that God inspired men to write the scriptures....not the bible.  And there is a huge difference between the two.  The original scriptures as penned by the writers were inspired.  Bibles are translations of scripture and sometimes are translations of translations and are not inerrant...not even close.  Folks sometimes will dogmatically state that 'My KJV bible says thus' and believe that the subject is closed.  They never dig any deeper to look at the original words to see if the translators were faithful in translating the words into English.  Most cases they've done pretty well but it's been demonstrated on this forum and Ray has taught on it before about the real big problems the most versions of the bible have in translating crucial words such as hell, everlasting, eternal, ect.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »

Gena, found this in the How We Got the Bible transcript.  You're going to have to put two and two together, but you'll get it.

If you say, ‘okay Ray, so you’re going to show me that we’ve got historical, scriptural and logical reasons to believe that the books we have in the Bible are books that God inspired and He wanted us to have and so forth? That these are indeed the Holy Books of the Bible? But are they really from some supernatural source? I mean maybe Moses did write the Law and Isaiah did write the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah and Solomon wrote the Psalms, maybe they did. They are wonderful writings and there are cute little proverbs and clichés and whatever. It’s all nice stuff, it’s all good, but this hardly tells me that some great Creator God of the universe wrote this.’

I just want to show you two things, very simple things. But there is just no way to understand it, except that this is come from a divine source.

Then goes on to talk about some of the things brought up at the Nashviille '08 conference.   ;D

Also, why would Ray say that we have to pay attention to the words if the words themselves weren't important?

It's true that God inspired men to write the Scriptures.  It's also true that He inspired what they wrote.  I think it's all the same thing, ultimately.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 11:30:53 PM »

Hi Gena,

One point I would like to bring up. Is that the original writings/scrolls are indeed by inspiration from God and are to bring us to a knowledge of the truth.

Now with the translated Bibles, as has been stated, there have been some grave errors made in these translations. But isn't God sovereign and in control of what was translated? Of course He is... so why all the errors? Because this is an age in which the world is deceived and in darkness, so there must be means for that deception. When the Bibles has 'hell' plastered all through them it can be pretty hard to explain how there is no such thing.

But God is not hindered by the errors of translations in teaching his people the truth, as He can and does make the truths known. One way we can see this is how He prepared Ray and through him revealed these errors of the translations and thus we can know the truth in the Scriptures. Now all of us knowing these foundational truths can study the Scripture with confidence.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:00 PM »

thank you all...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.