bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A resurrection question  (Read 4098 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
A resurrection question
« on: August 15, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »

Hi everyone, I have a question.

Was there an actual resurrection after Jesus' resurrection of the saints? I've only seen that verse one time
  in the Bible. Matt.27:52-53. As far as I know there are no witness to these verses. And if there was a resurrection
  why wasn't David one of them? That question is really just a thought, I don't think anyone would know that.

I'm just seeking and learning.

your newly found sister,

Virginia

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:24:46 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Marky Mark

Re: A resurrection question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

Was there an actual resurrection after Jesus' resurrection of the saints? I've only seen that verse one time
  in the Bible. Matt.27:52-53.

As far as I know there are no witness to these verses.

Hello Virginia.  :)

Here is your witness.
Heb 11:35  Women received their dead raised to life again:

And if there was a resurrection why wasn't David one of them?

I would hazard a guess to say that the people who knew Jesus during His ministry,that being,those who were His disciples and knew of Him and His miracles,during His ministry...and then consequently... died during His ministry, and were then raised back to life, would have made much better witnesses for Christ, based on the simple fact that they were known by their family,friends neighbors and fellow saints to have been followers of Jesus,where as David would have been a complete stranger and not known by anyone,making David's witness meaningless to the people of that place and time.

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: A resurrection question
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:30:52 PM »

Hi mark, I just want to thank you for that verse in Hebrews. I never connected the two. I understand  completely now. Thank you again and God bless you wih more understanding to share with others like me. I want to thank you to John for the insight you gave. I seem to remember Ray saying something about that being sperious, but what Mark gave seems to make sense to me. I hope both of you are having a wonderful day in the Lord.

Tons of love, virginia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.