bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: most impressive message, item you recieved from Ray  (Read 10562 times)

ez2u

most impressive message, item you recieved from Ray
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:37:18 PM »

The most significant attribute i got  was really two
1.  read all the words
2.  he always had a questioning mind

those two things impacted me the most
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:42:01 PM by ez2u »

newgene87

Re: most impressive message, item your recieved from Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »

First I will say - "Myth of Free Will" and "Hell" series WAS AND STILL IS Life changing for me. But as far as his "tactics"

This is pretty tough but

[1] His "ONE OF KIND" Humor
{from His myth of Free Will part A} First he suggests that Satan is challenging God’s supremacy (sovereignty). Not true. Satan couldn’t challenge his own tail in the presence of God. Next man’s integrity is being tested. Not true. Man has no integrity. And finally that the “primary purpose” of our very existence is “the vindication of God’s supremacy (sovereignty).

And just how does the god of this world’s religions hope to accomplish this great goal of being adjudicated as “Supreme Sovereign of the Universe?” Why by creating billions and billions of humans with “free moral agency,” all of which supposedly CAN, and most of which supposedly WILL, THWART AND WRECK HIS PRIMARY PURPOSE, and never ever love or obey him!!

[2] and his ability to teach in a humorous way, but NAILS the idea {From Sheol Translated Grave} We have seen that our Lord’s instructions to cut off an offending hand or foot, or to pluck out an offending eye is not literal, but figurative, spiritual, symbolic language. It is really the offenses of the heart, which are to be cast off, not our physical limbs. Well then, can it be true that any actually will enter into life "halt or maimed" if the halting and maiming itself is not literal. Of course not. Imagine living an eternity with God maimed and crippled like some wartime amputee? What kind of a heaven would that be? It is hard to believe that Christians (and even professional theologians), pay little or no attention to the many many words that contradict their heretical doctrines. But in their crazed addiction for their "literal, literal, literal," interpretation, they become scholastic fools.

Okay then, as the "cutting off of hands and feet" is not literal, and the "entering into life halt and maimed" is not literal, by what law of logic or language should the "everlasting fire" be considered literal?

Just a bit :P

Ray warms my heart and The truth of the Scripture convicts me

Eugene

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »

You gotta read all the words and Wrong Paleface.

Gina

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »

Believe God.

Samson

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 12:33:41 PM »

First I will say - "Myth of Free Will" and "Hell" series WAS AND STILL IS Life changing for me. But as far as his "tactics"

This is pretty tough but

[1] His "ONE OF KIND" Humor
{from His myth of Free Will part A} First he suggests that Satan is challenging God’s supremacy (sovereignty). Not true. Satan couldn’t challenge his own tail in the presence of God. Next man’s integrity is being tested. Not true. Man has no integrity. And finally that the “primary purpose” of our very existence is “the vindication of God’s supremacy (sovereignty).

And just how does the god of this world’s religions hope to accomplish this great goal of being adjudicated as “Supreme Sovereign of the Universe?” Why by creating billions and billions of humans with “free moral agency,” all of which supposedly CAN, and most of which supposedly WILL, THWART AND WRECK HIS PRIMARY PURPOSE, and never ever love or obey him!!

[2] and his ability to teach in a humorous way, but NAILS the idea {From Sheol Translated Grave} We have seen that our Lord’s instructions to cut off an offending hand or foot, or to pluck out an offending eye is not literal, but figurative, spiritual, symbolic language. It is really the offenses of the heart, which are to be cast off, not our physical limbs. Well then, can it be true that any actually will enter into life "halt or maimed" if the halting and maiming itself is not literal. Of course not. Imagine living an eternity with God maimed and crippled like some wartime amputee? What kind of a heaven would that be? It is hard to believe that Christians (and even professional theologians), pay little or no attention to the many many words that contradict their heretical doctrines. But in their crazed addiction for their "literal, literal, literal," interpretation, they become scholastic fools.

Okay then, as the "cutting off of hands and feet" is not literal, and the "entering into life halt and maimed" is not literal, by what law of logic or language should the "everlasting fire" be considered literal?

Just a bit :P

Ray warms my heart and The truth of the Scripture convicts me

Eugene

Eugene,

Those are some of my favorite points, ie- " Man has no integrity" & " Satan couldn't challenge His own tail in the presence of God."

To add to the above, I appreciate where Ray says that " God is not running a damage control center from Heaven." Most people believe God is waiting to react to every choice We make and has to figure out what He needs to do next based on Human mistakes.

My former Denomination was big on Satan and Humans challenging God's Sovereignty and once I was misled to believe such a thing, thankful that I don't anymore. God's 100% Total Sovereignty is appreciated by Me. All of that really changed my approach to prayer.

Thanks, Samson.

dave

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 12:49:39 PM »

Amen Samson! Amen. "My former Denomination was big on Satan and Humans challenging God's Sovereignty and once I was misled to believe such a thing, thankful that I don't anymore. God's 100% Total Sovereignty is appreciated by Me. All of that really changed my approach to prayer.

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 01:22:22 PM »

And just how does the god of this world’s religions hope to accomplish this great goal of being adjudicated as “Supreme Sovereign of the Universe?” Why by creating billions and billions of humans with “free moral agency,” all of which supposedly CAN, and most of which supposedly WILL, THWART AND WRECK HIS PRIMARY PURPOSE, and never ever love or obey him!![/color]

Isn't it incredible that we used to believe this? Now look where God has brought us.  8)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »

I couldn't pick just one or even several.  I agree with the examples that have been shared most far but perhaps the most important paper that he has written [at least to me anyway] are the 12 truths to understanding God's word.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 01:58:01 PM »

And just how does the god of this world’s religions hope to accomplish this great goal of being adjudicated as “Supreme Sovereign of the Universe?” Why by creating billions and billions of humans with “free moral agency,” all of which supposedly CAN, and most of which supposedly WILL, THWART AND WRECK HIS PRIMARY PURPOSE, and never ever love or obey him!![/color]

Isn't it incredible that we used to believe this? Now look where God has brought us.  8)

I'm still pinching myself. :)

dave

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »

This paper is so very, very important and so untold in Christian teaching.."Why Does God Love You?"

the truth

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »

That the Spirit of God really does work with nobodies! ;D

newgene87

Re: most impressive message, item you recieved from Ray
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 04:57:34 AM »

Oh yea and my other favorite that I'm Realizing more and more as I still go to church for The sake of my wife.

"If the church teaches it, it's false"

Gosh that's so TRUE on a grand level. And even if they confess, "Jesus is Lord", "The Word is Truth" Etc basics -- they themselves don't even understand the truth of those basic concepts and still make a mockery of themselves and God. So Ray nails it again

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

Oh yea and my other favorite that I'm Realizing more and more as I still go to church for The sake of my wife.

I don't envy you.  I would be grinding my teeth if I had to listen to a sermon in an orthodox church today.  We were all so sure that we not only knew the truth but had the truth by the tail and put into our nice little theological boxes....we really hadn't even a clue.  It's embarrassing.

newgene87

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »

I don't envy you.  I would be grinding my teeth if I had to listen to a sermon in an orthodox church today.  We were all so sure that we not only knew the truth but had the truth by the tail and put into our nice little theological boxes....we really hadn't even a clue.  It's embarrassing.

EMBARRASSING IS THE WORD. it's sad to see people, well few, that are GENUINE, but they are simply blind. scripture stands "let God be true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:4). It actually causes me discern exactly what the truth is, it's my training ground to slowly reveal to my Wife the truth of what they say. She's coming around but it's a process. It was a LONG process for me from being a zealous church goer to being free in Truth. But this saying of Ray is proven every single time and it causes me to always be reminded what the truth is. All love to Ray Smith, to the Forum, and Glory be to Our God and Savior

Ian 155

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 04:51:02 AM »

+All will be saved -

With me this all started with Rays tithing papers and has progressed - I am being freed every day from things that I was blinded to, still a lot of things I need to see - and I can't wait, meantime we should be making every effort to send thes papers out, I started doing this on my facebook and it really is refreshing to see some responses.As Ray said we still need the church and these so called ministers of the Gosple, they all play a role in Gods master plan.

Remember most of us were avid "church" going members at one stage

Vera

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 03:00:02 AM »

There are so many, but lately I was reading from (Bible Study Feb. 2008)  Foundational Truths - Seven Foundational Scriptures.
Ray said:
"This is not going to be a difficult study. But it is going to be maybe one of the most profound studies I have ever given".
He taught us how to believe in these 7 Scriptures and how to apply them to every page of the Bible.
It is a great study I'm still going through it. Amazing how God open my eyes and guides me to learn exactly what I need. Ray was truly God's chosen teacher for the elect. 
Also "12 God Given Truths" very impressive...
I'm thankful for this Forum it is so good to have all Rays papers to continue reading and learning.
blessings to you all,
Vera

Gina

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 03:58:57 AM »

How hard is getting saved?  “If Adam and Eve had not sinned, there would be no such thing as death.” (King)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3849.0

When my nephew was five and just diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, and learned that it could mean a very early death my sister told me how he looked at her and said,  I hope I die soon so I can be with Jesus.  That just blew me away.  How could he not be afraid.... 

The thought of dying was much scarier when I was in the church.  Ironically, for all the hell fire and damnation preached there, I swear it only served to make the world look so much more desirable.

After reading Ray, I mistakenly thought getting saved would finally be the easiest thing to do and was relieved to learn that my righteousness would exceed that of the pharisees, through God working in a LOT of miracles in me.  But God is faithful.   "let God be true, but every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).

:)

gmik

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »

i would have to say it was that everyone ever born would be saved!!!!  hallelujah....i still get happy about that!

santikos

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 08:45:16 PM »

i remember one time i either read or heard him say something like
  if the modern church teaches it, then it is wrong. 

Gina

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »

Hey, Santikos!  Ray said:

I have a standing axiom when it comes to studying the Scriptures and teaching and so on… if the church teaches it, it’s false and that‘s it.  So people say, ‘what do you think about…’  I say well what does the church teach?  They say, ‘well it teaches…’  Well that must be false and I defy anybody to give me an example of something that isn’t.  Give me a deep and complete doctrinal dissertation on any Christian doctrine and I will show you that it is not Scriptural.

I think somebody mentioned to me, ‘well you believe that Christ died for your sins, because Christians believe that Christ died for your sins?  Surely Ray you believe Christ died for your sins, don’t you?’  I said yes I do, but you don’t.  ‘Oh yes I do!’  I said, you meant to tell me that when Christ died on the cross for your sins, that He was dead?  ‘Oh, no I didn’t say He was dead.’  Well He didn’t die and you don’t believe that Christ died for your sins.  You think the Savior of the world is a cadaver and Christ Himself never tasted death.  How fundamental can you get?  Does the Christian world as a whole believe that Christ died for your sins?  No, He never died.  ‘Well what happened when they hung Him on the cross?’  He went to hell… He went to paradise… He went here… He went there.  It’s nonsense, unscriptural nonsense.
  he he  --  ‘Well what happened when they hung Him on the cross?’  He went to hell… He went to paradise… He went here… He went there

I don't know how I forgot this.  This is a biggie:

I can see where people might be afraid of Him. I’m not afraid of Him anymore. I just feel, what’s the use, why be afraid of Him? He is what He is, I am what I am. I’m not going to be afraid of Him. I respect Him, I’m awe struck, but I’m not afraid, not ‘afraid.’   (from:  Are You Afraid of God?)

When I heard him say that after watching that a second time some months apart, that drew me out of that deep pit I was in where I was not liking God very much (to put it mildly).  I was then able to put my finger on my problem:  I was afraid of God, and where was I going to hide from Him?  I'd better start liking him or I wasn't going to be a happy camper.  I liked hearing that Ray said he wasn't afraid of him anymore

:)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.