bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: medical advise  (Read 7133 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
medical advise
« on: August 17, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »

Hi all, I have a question for anyone who is of the medical profession.

I have repeated boils to come on me. I've had these things since I was 16.
                I've taken medication for them and it works for awhile, but then they come back.

Is there anything I can do to help myself  from getting them? I get them under my arms
                and my private parts I don't want to mention. They are so bad sometimes I don't know what to do.

Help if you can. It would be greatly appreciated.

Your sister in Christ, Virginia

lilitalienboi16

Re: medical advise
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »

Hi all, I have a question for anyone who is of the medical profession.

I have repeated boils to come on me. I've had these things since I was 16.
                I've taken medication for them and it works for awhile, but then they come back.

Is there anything I can do to help myself  from getting them? I get them under my arms
                and my private parts I don't want to mention. They are so bad sometimes I don't know what to do.

Help if you can. It would be greatly appreciated.

Your sister in Christ, Virginia

Have you gone into see a doctor and have them attempt to diagnose your condition? If not, I would recommend that first before attempting any more medications.

I'm not in the medical profession.. other then being a pre-med student but that doesn't mean anything. It just means I have to study a lot of science, not necessarily things medically oriented.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »

Hi Lil, I have been to the doctors. they gave me infection meds. They only worked while I was taking them. As soon as the Meds were out of my body they start to come back, it seems when I'm upset  more than one comes on me. I might be just prone to them and there is nothing I can do. I don't want to take medication the rest of my life for this. I've put up with it for about 38 yrs. might as well go all the way. lol.  thanks for talking to me about this. 

Love ya, Virginia

Gina

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »

Disclaimer:  I'm not a medical professional and am not giving medical advice.  Please consult your own doctor.  :)

But seriously.  Sensitive subject matter ahead -- tread carefully folks.

I'm gonna take a wild guess. 

You mentioned they first showed up when you were 16 -- do you mean when you first started shaving in those areas as you were going through puberty at that time? 

If so, you MIGHT be doing what we've all done -- been shaving in the opposite direction of the hair growth, causing ingrown hairs to form.  Assuming that's the case, here's a suggestion: 

(1) always use a triple-edged razor (not a single or a double -- they don't work), with plenty of shaving cream, or hair conditioner, or moisturizing soap,

(2) shave in the direction of your hair growth,

(3) put some aloe vera gel on those areas afterward to  soothe your inflamed skin. 

Call me in the morning.  ;)

What causes boils to form?

There are many causes of boils. Some boils can be caused by an ingrown hair. Others can form as the result of a splinter or other foreign material that has become lodged in the skin. Others boils, such as those of acne, are caused by plugged sweat glands that become infected.  ...

http://www.medicinenet.com/boils/page2.htm#what_causes_boils_to_form
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:55:01 AM by Gina »

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »

Hi,

Boils are usually caused by a bacteria called Staphylocoous ( Staph)  most staph infections develop into abscesses & can become serious very quickly , The germ can be present on normal skin & enters the body through tiny breaks in the skin or by traveling down a hair to the follicle

Certain health problems make people more susceptible to skin infections such  as boils.

diabetes,  the immune system,   poor nutrition,
poor  hygiene ,exposure to harsh chemicals That irritate the skin.

If they are not boils they could be stress related,

have a test or bio done & check your blood .

That gives you an idear of some things that may be present,  its a start .

The meds are just masking the underlying problem . as said they sort of fix it & then come back ,
With out a test its a quess,

...noeleena...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:36:28 AM by noeleena »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »

Hi Lil, I have been to the doctors. they gave me infection meds. They only worked while I was taking them. As soon as the Meds were out of my body they start to come back, it seems when I'm upset  more than one comes on me. I might be just prone to them and there is nothing I can do. I don't want to take medication the rest of my life for this. I've put up with it for about 38 yrs. might as well go all the way. lol.  thanks for talking to me about this. 

Love ya, Virginia

Hello again Virginia,

I have two questions for you; Did the doctors never diagnose what it was you were dealing with? I find that rather odd. Or do you doubt their diagnosis and hence are seeking new opinions?

Secondly; What shape and size are these "boils?" Can you find an image of them and link them to us from the internet?

Third: Do you get these under your arms ONLY when you shave or are they always there if you're not taking medication and flare up under stressful conditions on random parts of your body?

Lastly, I don't think we are dealing with a bacterial infection here as bacteria are wimps when it comes to medication treatement and certainly don't plague you your entire life.

It sounds to me like it's a viral infection, one possible known as "HERPES." This isn't abnormal or bad but herpes are known to re-appear and disappear throughout the lifetime of an individual, especially to flare up during times of stress. HOWEVER herpes do NOT to my knowledge flare up simply because you SHAVE an area. So this would be strange if that is what is going on. Something else that that makes me doubt that it is herpes though is that your doctors would have known this and so I shouldn't be the first person to suggest this to you so perhaps I am mistaken.

I suppose I have a third question for you, what do you mean by "infection" medicine? Is that Anti biotics?

Again, if you've taken your medication to completion it is unlikely that this is a bacterial infection, unless since you were 16 you keep getting re-infected by the exact same bacteria which... i think the likely hood of that happening are astronomically low and high unlikely. The reason is that Antibiotic medication is EXTREMELY effective at killing bacteria and if you take ALL of it, the bacteria WILL DIE and no longer be in your system. So a repeated infection since you were young by them is extremely unlikely, very odd and not indicative of a bacteria. Though I suppose, never say never.

Virus' are different from bacteria though, they never truly die unless the immune system kills them. We have no medication to "kill" virus like we do bacteria, all we can do is control the symptoms and hope that our bodies can do the rest. This is the reason why virus' can stay with an individual for a lifetime, think of the aids virus for example.

Anyway... there could be a number of issues that are going on as you've seen here but i hope this information helps and look forward to your reply! I'm just trying to narrow down whether it's bacterial or viral. Other then that it would probably be impossible to tell you 100% what is going on from here. lol

Alex
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:16:59 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 12:06:28 AM »

Hi Alex, thanks for the questions you have ask. My husband and I were talking and he reminded me of the last time I went to the Doctor to be treated for these boils and she did say something about Herpes. My husband said that it upset me and I didn't want to hear it. I can't remember things like I use to, but as we were talking it started to come back to me. I guess you are on the right track thinking it could be a form of herpes. It just sounds so bad. tell me how come my husband don't have them like I do we have been married 17 years, are they not transmittable? Anyway I thank you for your time and effort to help me, which you have by refreshing my memory. Maybe I need to look more into this. I get them bad when I'm stressed, almost like Job, but not half as many. I do feel for Job. I know just a little of what he went through and that is too much for me. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful day and again I thank you.

your sister in Jesus, Virginia

Vera

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:24:54 AM »

Hi Virginia,
how about Homeopathic medicine, I believe there is a cure for you, if you are willing to try something different. It might be costly though, but it is something to look into if you are interested.
My daughter is Homeopath Dr. so I kind of believe in natural healing.
God be with you,
Vera

manuela

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »

hi Virginia,
i do believe in natural treatments. it kept ray alive for 4 years, where the doctors gave him only 6 months. have you tried anything in that direction yet? if you get your urine tested the antipathy can give you a way better idea of what you are dealing with and what you can do to prevent them from coming back. good luck to you and keep us updated on your condition.
god bless
manuela

virginiabm

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:25 PM »

Hi all, thank you for your wonderful advise. I am into natural cures, but fear a little bit because of the medications I am taking. I have natural cures book, but I don't know if  the treatments will go against the meds I'm already taking. I really don't know any home remedy that cures boils so they want come back. I only wish that could be for me.
  Manuel it is a pleasure to met you even if it is by internet. you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad your operation went well and I hope you are healing good. God is Good and faithful to us all. Ray is such an inspiration me. He will always be with us through His teaching and through you since you are able to communicate with us on the forum. May God Bless and keep you in His loving arms.

You are my spiritual Mother and Sister in Christ,

I feel so much love for you. Virginia
                                                            I love my Brothers and Sisters also

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 03:44:27 PM »

Hi Alex, thanks for the questions you have ask. My husband and I were talking and he reminded me of the last time I went to the Doctor to be treated for these boils and she did say something about Herpes. My husband said that it upset me and I didn't want to hear it. I can't remember things like I use to, but as we were talking it started to come back to me. I guess you are on the right track thinking it could be a form of herpes. It just sounds so bad. tell me how come my husband don't have them like I do we have been married 17 years, are they not transmittable? Anyway I thank you for your time and effort to help me, which you have by refreshing my memory. Maybe I need to look more into this. I get them bad when I'm stressed, almost like Job, but not half as many. I do feel for Job. I know just a little of what he went through and that is too much for me. I hope you have a blessed and wonderful day and again I thank you.

your sister in Jesus, Virginia

The first thing I want to tell you is that there is nothing to be ashamed of or fear. Herpes can have two causes, one it can be transmitted at birth from parent to child. This is a VERY COMMON form of herpes and it is more tradionally known as "Cold sores." You can get them in your mouth under cases of stress or other abnormal conditions. I have this type of herpes, I believe it's known as Type I.

There is also another form which is the type that can be sexually transmitted and more commonly called Herpes. A sexually transmitted disease.

It is entirely possible for you to have herpes and for your husband to not have it, if it is the first type. My mother has it, I have it, my brothers have it. It is VERY common.

Here is a quote about herpes from; http://www.herpes-help.us/types_of_herpes.php

Herpes is a very common infection. Caused by two different (yet closely related viruses) called herpes simplex virus type 1 and herpes simplex virus type 2, the disease is easy to catch. Both forms can infect the mouth and genital area, sometimes at the same time. Oral herpes describes cold sores and/or fever blisters that land on or near the mouth while genital herpes refers to sores that appear below the waist including on and in the genital area. A third kind of herpes virus, known as herpses zoster produces chicken pox and shingles.
Herpes affects about 80 million people in the United States alone. The biggest variety of the disease is genital herpees, which is usually shared between sexual partners. However, herpes can be spread by touching and kissing as well. All that is needed is brief skin-to-skin contact. Genital herpes is not only painful, but can cause emotional pain to those affected. Feelings of low self-esteem, isolation, shame, regret, embarrassment, and undesirability are common, and society’s reaction to any sexually transmitted disease (STD) is often harsh.

From another website, here is more information about what is common refered to as "Cold Sores" or more accurately, Herpes Simplex Type 1.

Herpes Simplex Type 1
Herpes Simplex Type 1, HSV-1, is often referred to as oral herpes. The condition is commonly seen as cold sores or fever blisters. About 90 percent of the population experiences cold sores at least once. Factors that may cause subsequent outbreaks include stress, fever, menstruation and sunlight, according to Herpes Online. The infection occurs around the lips, nose and surrounding areas. Treatment is commonly unnecessary; the blister eventually heals itself. Over-the-counter topical ointments may aid in pain relief. The Type 1 virus can be transmitted to the genitals during oral sex.

Now I do not know which form of Herpes you have IF it is indeed herpes. I cannot be certain, I am merely speculating based on the information you have given. I would highly recommend going into your doctor once more, one you are comfortable with and speak to them about how you feel and what the issue is. Only they can tell you with certainty.

Again, herpes is NOTHING to be ashamed.

I want to stress that VIRUS' CANNOT be CURED by MEDICATION or NATURAL remedies. VIRUS' can ONLY be destroyed BY THE BODIES IMMUNTE SYSTEM. When we VACCINATE against VIRUS'S we are introducing a DEAD STRAIN of the VIRUS into the BODY so that the body's immune system can LEARN TO RECOGNIZE the VIRUS so that NEXT TIME it enters your body, YOUR BODY RECOGNIZES IT QUICKLY - KNOWS HOW TO FIGHT IT AND DESTROY IT! Again, this rapid response is because the body was exposed to a non lethal and inert form of the virus.

IF what you do have is NOT viral then perhaps some natural remedy may work but again, the only way to be certain is to have your doctor check it out and be stern with him and ask him for some answers. He will tell you.

The most important thing to do though is to pray to the Lord for direction and guidance in this matter, we can tell you what we THINk is going on but in the end we are merely speculating and spinning our wheels.

Again, I hope this information was helpful to you virginia. There is nothing to be ashamed of or fear.

God bless you,

Alex
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:47:03 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »

It seems strange that the quote said that herpes is "very easy to catch" yet your husband doesn't have it.  Something tells me you don't have herpes 1, 2, or 3. 

There's a homeopathic remedy by Newton's Homeopathics you might want to try.  It's very inexpensive ($14).  My friend uses it and swears by it.  It's applied topically and taken orally.  If you're interested I'll send you a link by PM.

I honestly don't think you have herpes though IMHO.    But I will pray for you, Virginia.  I know that boils can be extremely painful.  :'(  :-*

Gina

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 04:05:48 PM »

Herpes infections feel dry and crusty, and they sometimes itch. Some patients have a "prodrome," which is when certain symptoms occur before the actual sores becomes fully evident. The prodrome to herpes infections typically involves a burning or tingling sensation that precedes the appearance of blisters by a few hours or a day or two.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/herpes_simplex_infections_non-genital/page2.htm

My daughter caught HSV 1 from her baby sitter who suffered from "cold sores" and shared her drink with her when she was "active."  There was a time when my duaghter would get them right before her period, religiously, every month.  She gradually changed her diet to vegetarian and when she did that, no more "cold sores" before her period -- and it doesn't matter how stressed she gets.  :)

Vera

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 12:19:48 AM »

Hello again Virginia,
I was recommending Homeopathic treatments, but I would suggest to find good Homeopath doctor in your area who would help  and advise you since you are on some medication already. You might need to talk to one who will go into deeper healing then just buying some remedies by yourself. It takes time... but it works if you are ready.
God bless... 

virginiabm

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:43:16 AM »

thank you Vera I am just about ready to do anything to help me solve this problem.
Thank you all for the advise and the kind words. God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.