bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Fat Fiasco - Fat is good  (Read 23046 times)

bob

Re: Big Fat Fiasco - Fat is good
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »

Starting Date Aug. 17 2012
So I tried It
The following is my experience with trying a fast food diet only.
I started out this experiment by eating a sausage and egg breakfast at McDonald’s. On the Atkins diet I tried quite a few years back, the recommended daily carb intake was 20g. Much too low for me and I immediately started craving food not allowed on the Atkins diet plan. I believe the problem with Atkins became a mental one. Most of the time being spent thinking about food not permitted on Dr. Atkins plan.  Atkins maintains that carbohydrates, not fat is our main dietary problem . I modified his plan of 20g of carb. a day to 100g. Four day's into this experiment I realized the 100g limit I set for myself allowed much more flexibility. If I wanted a McDonald’s double cheese burger it was 34g carbs. That allowed 66g more through out the day. Or a Burger King Cheese Whopper at 53g still left just under half of my daily allotment.  Mental obsession with food no longer became a problem for me. In less than a week I found I could not sustain a fast food diet for 30 day's. While it sounded good at first I quickly tired of fast food. I then stayed with the 100g carb a day goal and did not concern myself with Fat g. In the 30 day span I went over the carb limit I set 7 times. Most just over, but with one day at 185g. I found by just watching my carb. intake my calories per day never exceeded my goal of under 2000 cal per day.  As for eating fast food for 30 day's my experiment failed. But I reaffirmed something I already learned from Dr. Atkins, that fat was not the enemy some believe it to be. In my opinion our gene pool has more to do with our health than food does. Every thing in moderation seems to me the best course. For those who may be interested the following are my lab results after my fat is good experiment. 
I am a type 2 diabetic. Non insulin controlled.
Aug 17, 2012 - weight 185 - fasting blood sugar 135.
30 day average daily food intake:
Calories 1478,
Fat 65g,
Saturated  23g,
carbohydrates 98.5g,
Sugar 4.1g,
Protein 77.1g,

Sept. 17, 2012- weight 177 - fasting blood sugar 108.
Lab results after 30 day's
Cholesterol Total 121 mg/dl   
HDL Cholesterol  62 mg/dl 
CHOL /HDLC  Ratio 2.0
Triglycerides  62mg/dl
LDL- Cholesterol   47mg/dl  (calc)
All numbers are an improvement over 6 months ago.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 03:11:49 AM »

Thanks for the report.  I'm glad the results were positive, even if the experiment didn't go the way you intended. 

I especially commend you for listening to your own body.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

levycarneiro

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »

Hello Bob,

good to hear from you, and that you had great results!

Regarding 20g of carbs not being enough in a day: to decrease carbs to this level, you can survive a few days but later on you will feel miserable. The key is to increase fat intake, such as butter, extra virgin olive oil, fish oil, fatty meat/bacon, etc. The ideal ratio I've seen around is about 80% of fat, 15% of protein and 5% of carbs. They get leaner and healthier. This goes by several names such as "Paleo diet" or "low carb + high fat". That seems to be the way we were supposed to work.

I began doing low carb + high fat 4 weeks ago. I lost 16 pounds (198 -> 180 pounds). I feel great.

What I eat usually:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with bacon, extra greasy with butter and bacon grease.
Lunch: some meat, and sometimes also veggies.
Dinner: salami, cheese, olive oil at will.

I feel satiated (that's what fat does) and feel just great overall.
Sometimes I skip lunch, I never did that before eating bread, pasta, etc.

Seriously, it doesn't feel like I'm dieting.

Knowledge is power. God is good! :D

On a related topic: I've seen several parallels between the Fat-Is-Good crowd and us BTers. The former also struggles with "sharing the truth" a lot.

God bless!
Levy

Samson

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »

Yes Levy,

I've known about the Nutritional principles of which you mention since the Early 1980's. You might want to check out Ron Kosloff's Site, He's the president of Natural Source Products learning much of the High Protein/High Fat/Low Carbohydrate Diet from Vince Gironda. Below are some points from a thread from Off Topic Discussions from 2010, ie Jimmy Stegers Book that I include below.

Fats and Proteins For Energy
If you were to encounter the vegetarians, the runners, and the people who believe fats
kill you then they will attempt to convince you to become a carbohydrate eater. All
the long distance runners and the bike riders love the carbohydrates and are terrified
of fats. These people are all schooled in the virtues of carbohydrates; that carbs will
give you plenty of energy.
Well, if your not terrified of fats and you want to be educated, most people just don’t
know, and I’m talking about 85% of the population, that fats of any kind yields twice
as much energy as carbohydrates. When I mean any kind, I mean any good kind.
Vince used to say that he prefers fats to energy other than sugar because Vince was
always quoted as saying carbohydrates build fat and never muscle. And of course as
we all know that is the truth and carbohydrates do a lot of other things including
ruining your health. America is turning into a carbohydrate-eating nation and this is
why we are the sickest and fattest nation in the world.
So, getting back to fats and proteins for energy, years ago a test was performed with
rats and then human beings. A group of rats were given 40 grams of carbohydrates
and another group of rats were given 40 grams of natural fats (lard, butter, olive oil,
coconut oil, etc.) and something very startling was revealed. That fats yield twice as
much energy as carbohydrates and of course the carbohydrate proponents don’t want
to accept that and ignore it but it is an absolute fact.
When I want energy, I eat fats not carbohydrates. Natural carbohydrates have their
place but as Hippocrates once said “carbohydrates are secondary substances not to be
lived on” and if you read any of my articles you will know the ill affects of eating a
high carbohydrate diet. I will use my example of the five peoples of the world who lived on fats and proteins
and little or no carbohydrates. The primitive Eskimo would chase the caribou for
miles to get at the fat in it’s neck knowing full well that fat had energy giving
properties. The Rocky Mountain Men ate what they killed and they didn’t eat many
carbohydrates because there are very little carbohydrates in the Rocky Mountains.
The American Plains Indian is probably the healthiest people the world has ever seen
because they lived off the buffalo and they knew the value of the intestines and
organs and the fats surrounding the intestines and organs. And the Massai in Africa,
they drank the blood of an animal. Milk was a prized possession as well as cream.
The Belari of South America lived on a high fat high protein diet. They got their
source of energy from fats and very, very little carbohydrates. And we all know the ill
affects of carbohydrates and we’ve known that for years. Read my article Thirty Nine
reasons why sugar is no good for you. Anyway, to the naysayers, the end result is fats
yield twice as much energy as carbohydrates.

The Silent Killer”
Grains
By: Ron Kosloff n/c
NSP Research Nutrition
Let me read you what I read in a newspaper a couple weeks ago. It is really what prodded
me to write this article. The epidemic of diabetes in poor countries around the world is skyrocketing.
The incidents of diabetes in Mexico, India, Pakistan, Africa and China are increasing
exponentially. There are thirty nine million diabetics in China. Why? Because of what is being
consumed at an astronomical rate. This consumption is a common problem in poor countries, and
even rich countries like America, and its getting worse all the time. It’s called GRAINS! Yes
that’s right grains which are starches and complex carbohydrates. What are complex
carbohydrates you might ask? Beans, rice, corn, wheat, barley, oats, and millet are all complex
carbohydrates and starches. They are very, very harmful when taken in excess into the human
body. I told many of you years ago about a friend of mine who worked for Ford Motor Co. He
was sent to Africa for his job. As he traveled he noticed that all of the affluent countries of
Africa, where eating eggs, meat, fish, chicken, turkey, vegetables, some fruit, and very little
starch were slim, muscular and healthy. Diabetes was almost none existent. Unfortunately the
same was not true in the poor countries of Africa. In the poorer countries they ate rice, beans,
wheat, corn, soy, barley, millet and oats. Diabetes was running rampant in these poorer areas.
Like I, Dr. Harry Eidenier Jr., and Vince Gironda have always said “We should be living on all
animal protein, fats, vegetables, and some fruits”. There is just no way to disprove that. If you go
to any country in the world where they eat starch carbohydrates and grains and you’re going to
have diabetes. In America people consume carbohydrate and starches at an alarming rate.
Pancakes, cookies, pie, cakes, candies, pretzels, doughnuts, pizzas, slurpees, poptarts, sugar

frosted flakes, bagels, and pasta’s seem to be the corner stone of our diet. Starch, starch, starch!!
We are destroying our Pancreas. I blame the medical profession and drug companies for this as
they want you to be sick. Instead of telling us how to prevent diseases they love for us to get a
disease, so they can make a drug for it and then make you addicted to that drug. Lilly
Pharmaceutical Co. is now building a 325 million dollar facility to make synthetic insulin. They
love the fact, and are counting on the fact that there will be more and more insulin dependent
diabetic in this country, as well as the world over. That is how Pharmaceutical companies are
going to control the world’s people. Drugs, drugs, drugs! Think about this, at this rate, in the
next few years we will have a president who is a legal drug addict. At the rate we are going our
future presidents will probably be hooked on Ritalin, Glucaphloge and Prozac. We have to stop
this insanity and this evil. Nobody is saying you can’t have starches just keep them to a
minimum. Hypocrites said: “Carbohydrates are secondary.” I have a baked potato once every
other week. I have some whole grain bread and butter a couple times a week, but that’s it! Fats,
proteins and vegetables are the cornerstones to a healthy and successful life and lifestyle, that’s
it. For example five civilizations of the world live on fats and proteins. They are Primitive
Eskimo, not today’s Eskimos who eat white flour and white sugar, The Rocky Mountain Men,
the American Plains Indian, the Masi in Africa and the Belari in South America. These people
live primarily on fats and proteins. Intaking vary few carbohydrates, and almost no starches.
They have almost no record of Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart attacks, arteriosclerosis, arthritis, and
they had cholesterol levels from three to one thousand. That is the HDL’s the good stuff! They
were slim, muscular people. Fats and proteins make you slim, and fats burn fats. Fats don’t make
you fat sugars and starches do. Maybe the medical profession can stick that in their pipe and
smoke it. Just to reiterate, Medical doctors spend only TWO WEEKS studying nutrition! Two
weeks of all the time spent in school and hospitals. We have to assume that they just don’t get it

because they didn’t read it in a book. Maybe they just don’t want to get it because they make no
money off of good nutrition, or making you healthy.
The carbohydrate and grain industry, medical doctors, and pharmaceutical companies do
their best to hide the nasty, nasty little secret of two pathogens that are ravaging the people of
this country. These pathogens are referred to as Yeast (CANINDA and PARASITES). They
thrive in an alkaline environment. When we become carbohydrate dependant they can destroy
the human body if unchecked. I need to remind you that these two pathogens are kept in
remission in your body by consuming a protein, fat and vegetable diet (very low in starch).
Parasites and yeast live on SUGAR, SUGAR, and yes, SUGAR! Once the sugar is consumed
they now become a huge living organism within your body and must be fed thus the body craves
more sugar. Important Note: All forms of cancer cells feed on sugar! Before we became a nation
of carbohydrate consumers yeast infections in women were seldom heard of. Now I personally
don’t know many women who have not had one or several of these infections. These little
buggers can ravage any part of our body from the colon, liver, kidney, eyes, heart, spleen,
pancreas, lung and your brain. My advice to you is to break you sugar addiction as soon as
possible or your life may lead to diabetes and yeast infections.
Hundreds of years ago people had to “acclimate.” All animal protein had become scarce,
and they did something they came to regret hundreds of years later. They started to eat weeds.
What are weeds? We use the term weeds to describe corns, rice, beans, oats, barley, soy, and
potatoes. When they started to eat these starches they require a reduction process to digest them.
Starches do not digest easily and they are hard on the Pancreas. Fats and proteins don’t tax the
Pancreas at all. Vegetables and some fruits hardly tax the Pancreas much either. It’s when we
started substituting starches that we really started to do something abnormal. My God! We don’t
even understand that animals that are vegetarians don’t eat weeds, they graze on grass and

vegetables. Farm animals now are feed grains instead of grazing. Feeding the animals grains is
cheaper and less time consuming this means that the animals can be fatter quicker and that equals
more money.
You can take a raw egg and swallow it, it’s 99.9% digestible, taking into consideration
that your stomach acids are at the level they should be (Ph of 2), and your bile is steadily flowing
from the gallbladder. The liver transports to the gallbladder when you eat fats. The gallbladder
injects bile into your stomach and you can digest any meat. You can eat raw meat; you can eat
chicken, fish, turkey, milk, cottage cheese (because it is a fermented food). You can eat veggies
and fruits, but you must make sure you chew them well before swallowing. You can’t do that
with grains. All grains are extremely hard for the human body to digest because they are
starches. Let’s take wheat for instance. It is obvious to us that you have to soak, grind, crush, fry,
and do everything possible to make those grains digestible. It’s almost impossible to chew
starches until you can implement the above.
When we eat an over abundant amount of grains it affects our pancreas. We become
diabetic. Diabetics have become very profitable to medical doctors and pharmaceutical
companies. These despicable people want you to have diabetes so they can sell you synthetic
insulin. Wake up people! Eat fat, proteins, vegetables and very few fruits. We have multinational
corporations in the heartland of America and the World cranking out corn, beans, barley, oats,
rice, soy and wheat. We are paying the price for it! We are paying the price with our health! We
are being lead to believe that these weeds are healthy!
Thanks,
Ron Kosloff
Copyright 2006

Also, the difficulty in ever convincing People in general of the above lies more in the belief of the Calorie Theory or Myth. The original proponents of the Calorie in regards to Humans burning or using Heat energy later retracted their claims, but the Medical profession and the Population at large continued to accept these fallacies. In other words, the concept of a certain amount of Calories burned or different Foods equaling a certain amount of Calories is a Myth. Check this out Levy, if you already haven't.

Samson.

levycarneiro

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »

I wonder why grain harvests and bread are referenced throughout the Scriptures if eating them is such an evil?

I've read elsewhere that breads in old times had less starch and a better type of gluten. Scientists did some experiments back in the 50's worried with the world's population growth and started to think grains had to be the solution. People say today's breads are way different from what our grandpas used to eat.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug#Wheat_research_in_Mexico

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 07:08:43 AM »

I have limited interest in all this.  As I've said, I eat what is put in front of me and have very little choice in the matter.  But what disturbs me is the allegations in that article impuning the intent of the medical profession.  They may be right, they may be wrong, they may be part right or wrong, and they may be disagreeing with each other, but when someone says they WANT us to be sick or call them "despicable people", he loses all credibility to me. 

Should I throw out the baby with the bathwater?  Maybe not, but I'm going to anyway. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bob

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »

For those interested, excerpt from the book "Wheat Belly"
“Give us this day our daily bread.” It’s in the Bible. In Deuteronomy, Moses describes the Promised Land as “a land of wheat and barley and vineyards.” Bread is central to religious ritual. Jews celebrate Passover with unleavened matzo to commemorate the flight of the Israelites from Egypt. Christians consume wafers representing the body of Christ. Muslims regard unleavened naan as sacred, insisting it be stored upright and never thrown away in public. In the Bible, bread is a metaphor for bountiful harvest, a time of plenty, freedom from starvation, even salvation. The notion that a foodstuff so fundamental, so deeply ingrained in the human experience, can be bad for us is, well, unsettling and counter to long-held cultural views of wheat and bread. But today’s bread bears little resemblance to the loaves that emerged from our forebears’ ovens. Just as a modern Napa Cabernet Sauvignon is a far cry from the crude ferment of fourth-century BC Georgian winemakers who buried wine urns in underground mounds, so has wheat changed. Bread and other foods made of wheat have sustained humans for centuries, but the wheat of our ancestors is not the same as modern commercial wheat that reaches your breakfast, lunch, and dinner table. From the original strains of wild grass harvested by early humans, wheat has exploded to more than 25,000 varieties, virtually all of them the result of human intervention. During the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, as in many preceding centuries, wheat changed little. The Pillsbury’s Best XXXX flour my grandmother used to make her famous sour cream muffins in 1940 was little different from the flour of her great-grandmother sixty years earlier or, for that matter, from that of a relative two centuries before that. Grinding of wheat had become more mechanized in the twentieth century, yielding finer flour on a larger scale, but the basic composition of the flour remained much the same. That all ended in the latter part of the twentieth century, when an upheaval in hybridization methods transformed this grain. What now passes for wheat has changed, not through the forces of drought or disease or a Darwinian scramble for survival, but through human intervention. As a result, wheat has undergone a more drastic transformation than Joan Rivers, stretched, sewed, cut, and stitched back together to yield something entirely unique, nearly unrecognizable when compared to the original and yet still called by the same name: wheat. Modern commercial wheat production has been intent on delivering features such as increased yield, decreased production costs, and large-scale production of a consistent commodity. All the while, virtually no questions have been asked about whether these features are compatible with human health. I submit that, somewhere along the way during wheat’s history, perhaps five thousand years ago but more likely fifty years ago, wheat changed. The result: A loaf of bread, biscuit, or pancake of today is different than its counterpart of a thousand years ago, different even from what our grandmothers made.
They might look the same, even taste much the same, but there are biochemical differences. Small changes in wheat protein structure can spell the difference between a devastating immune response to wheat protein versus no immune response at all.
Davis MD, William (2011-08-30). Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, Rodale. Kindle Edition.

levycarneiro

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 11:32:11 AM »

For those interested, excerpt from the book "Wheat Belly"

Very revealing, I was looking for this exact information since a few days ago when questioning "Was Jesus times' bread better than ours now?". Thanks for the info Bob.

levycarneiro

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »

Hmmm...

Let's think this out.  Wheat is different today from a thousand years ago?

Who has wheat from a thousand years ago?

What is the name of the scientist that tested this "thousand year old wheat" from modern wheat?

What is the name and date of the scientific journal where this "scientist" published the results of his testing?

What is the name and date of the scientific journal where a 2nd scientist duplicated the results of the 1st scientist's test?

If scientific proof does not exist of the difference between 1,000 year old wheat and modern wheat, then what is the proof of this supposed fact?

I'd love to find this info too.

So far all I know is that not eating wheat/bread improved my health big time.

Patric

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »

Recently I found info that bread and sugar as well as all grains are bad for your teeth and bones......this sadden me cuz not only have I finally found a bread that contains no high fructose corn syrup or enriched or altered chemicals LOL .....it also tastes very good ha ha ha ha ......my concern over taste is of course health.....Sourdough bread which is fermented is supposed to be acceptable if you are eating bread at all....since the grains lose their destructive properties when in the body if fermented......I do know that Vitamins A E D and K are good for the bones and teeth....so dairy products if from grass fed cows and not grain fed are consumed....anybody remember that yummy caster oil? LOL well fermented caster oil with high butter oil is supposed to be not only a cure all for many ailments but able to remineralize the teeth and bones.....and reverse cavities and prevent decay.....technology seems to push us more to taste and bad health and.....being health makes sense...but it does not make dollars! Doctors....Dentists and most health professionals want us on their drugs.....its a huge business and the schools that teach these 'pros' are funded by guess who? You got it....the drug companies write the books on what you treat illnesses and diseases with.....they want you in the system.......I even heard a Doctor say that the mammogram machine they push on women....gives cancer! No wonder they want you to get checked asap......who are we fooling.....our health is about dollars not common sense in this life.....at least to those making a buck or two......we are lied too....and deceived....and for as little as I put into my own health.....and Paul says physical training is of some value.....we have no confidence in the flesh....and our hope is not in this life or our mortal decaying bodies.....I do like feeling alive while I am here lol.....what I mean is not being racked with pain for no reason other then that we did not take care of the temple our Father has given us....lets not destroy it on purpose....when we are armed with knowledge brothers and sisters...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:13:41 PM by Patric »

levycarneiro

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »

Hmmm  Lets think about this,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49172441/ns/us_news-christian_science_monitor/?ocid=msnhp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208452/Russia-suspends-import-use-American-GM-corn-study-revealed-cancer-risk.html

This verse was always difficult for me to understand: "For the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10).

How come all evil can come from love of money? Well, I understand part of if easier now (genetically modified corn/food producing frankestein food).

levycarneiro

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »

Very interesting read, specially about bread and wheat:

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2011/09/12/interview-with-wheat-belly-author-dr-william-davis/

"The real-world experience came first. But what surprised me was that there already was an extensive medical literature documenting all of this, but it was largely ignored or didn’t reach mainstream consciousness nor the consciousness of most of my colleagues. And a lot of the documentation comes from the agricultural genetics literature, an area, I can assure you, my colleagues do not study. But I dug into this area of science and talked to people at the USDA and in agriculture departments in universities to gain a full understanding of all the issues.

One of the difficulties that partly explains why much of this information has not previously seen the light of day is that agricultural geneticists work on plants, not humans. There is a broad and pervasive assumption followed by these well-meaning scientists: No matter how extreme the techniques used to alter the genetics of a plant like wheat, it is still just fine for human consumption …no questions asked. I believe that is flat wrong and underlies much of the suffering inflicted on humans consuming this modern product of genetics research still called, misleadingly, “wheat.” "

acomplishedartis

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 04:43:59 AM »

First I would like to say that I don't usually get involved in telling others about eating habits, why? because we are truly limited by life oportunities; resources, location, strong traditions from the surroundings, and strong habits beyond our control. Also, I don't know that much about nutrition, even so I do care about nutrition and try to keep learning, even so slowly. The pace of the learner's pace is individual.

However.
Bob said ''I attended the Mobile conference and listened to Dr. Steger's presentation. If you are familiar with his claims, I can't think  of  more opposite takes on nutrition.''

I can actually think of more opposite takes on nutrition. Here are a few interesting quotes from his book: 'The Nutrition Factor'' that have to do with the whole subject at hand and that will hopefully clarify his claims for the ones that doesn't know about them.

page 72-84 (Bolds are mine)
‘‘Most people are concerned with high cholesterol and high triglycerides, however, the acid levels in our body, which are called pH are the real problems. Cholesterol and triglycerides are both essential to the human body in small quantities.’’

‘‘Refined sugars promote tooth decay and rob the body of important B vitamins. This may result in a deficiency, which can lead to mental illness, such as nervous break downs and other nervous problems. Other problems may include skin disorders, constipation, and even heart problems.’’

‘‘Large amounts of carbohydrates weaken the kidneys and cause multitude of problems. A high carbohydrate, fat, and protein-based diet also weakens the will. Too much sweet and starches makes the body obese and plethoric. A diet high in fat-especially saturated fat-leads to degeneration. A diet high in protein can fill the body with auto toxins.’’

‘‘The breakfast cereals we are feeding our kids will not build strong minds and bodies. Potato chips and other junk foods cannot rebuild and repair human tissue. When one tries to build a body of coffee, honey buns, noodles, sausages, and embalmed meats, we are truly disillusioning the mind and continuing to destroy the body slowly but surely.’’

‘‘Almost all fruits and vegetables are alkaline, which is good for your body. And nearly all the proteins and starches are acidic; there are a few exceptions to this rule but not many. A diet, which is eighty percent alkaline and twenty percent acid is the perfect balance of food for one to consume on a daily basis. If you have six vegetables and two fruits then you are consuming eight of the alkaline foods. If you are consuming one protein and one starch, then you are having two of the acids foods.’’

‘‘Exercise will help to build the muscle around the spine and help it become strong, and will also help keep it aligned much better.’’

‘‘Pork is considered high risk meat because the pig is willing to eat almost anything. Red meat is usually not completely digested properly in most people because of lack of hydrochloric acid in their stomachs. This undigested protein is actually treated as a toxic waste by the body, and eliminated trough the colon or eliminated by the liver and excreted through the kidneys as a waste product.’’

‘‘The oldest living people in the world all consume small amounts of white meat two or three times a week. Chicken, quail, and turkey meat is the best and cleanest fowl to be eaten.’’

‘‘Meat has the highest source of usable protein that can be assimilated by the body. The bioquemical elements (such as phosporus) in meat are higher evolved than that which comes from plants. The phosphorus we find in meat, the highest evolved phosphorus we can consume, is used by the brain. I do not recommend the use of beef or pork. Most of the meat we find in the supermarkets is injected with a steroid called stilbestrol, which is fed to the animals to increase weight very quickly. Stilbestrol has been found in numerous studies to form cancer in the body. Also, many of the meats that are found on the shelves are injected with antibiotics and sprayed with chemical substances used for commercial feed. Another very important thing to remember is that too much meat protein can lead to urea build up in the blood, which has toxic effects on the kidneys and liver. This is one of the main contributing factors to goat and pancreatic and kidney stones. Once again, it is important to stick with fresh, cold water fish with fins and scales, two to three times a week, or organic chicken or turkey breast. ‘’

‘‘Carbohydrates have a tendency to heat up the body but can be fattening when taken in abundance. I suggest that my patience don’t consume more than thirty to forty grams of carbohydrates pear meal. This is what causes some people to become tired and or sleepy after a lunch or a dinner meal’’

I don't have a great speech as Tom Naughton, however, I don't care, I already start typing... I think that for the way on which he presents his message (taking in account he works in the media and is skilled to be charismatic and persuasive among the public), it seems to me that he is in love with his new found 'fact/theory', I am not saying if I agree or not I am just saying that I would think it twice and would make more research before following all that he says. For the rest of the writers posted, I guess some still differ in some points or others. Yes, toady's grains surely are not what they used to be - thanks to massive production and many other factor$. But the same happen with today's meat. Even if today's fat doesn't rise cholesterol, I am not sure that it would be wise to stay on a fast food/junk food diet for the rest of your life. And if someone would think that is wise, I will wish you 'good luck' once again .

On this tread we are talking about a 'certain view on food' and I don't think that it's fair to compare BT and what we believe that is so different from the rest of Christendom, with the few who believe a 'certain view about food'. Another analogy that has to do with food would probably be more properly, but not this forum, because a 'logical fallacy' could be constructed on that premise very easily.

And about credentials, well, if someone is going to give me a nutrition diet advance, the suggestions from a not sponsored, independent honest, dr. might have more weight for me than from a professional entertainer, (of course, after comparing the certain information with other sources and what I believe to be the facts). Here another good reason to learn more about biology and the quemistry of our body. My point about credentials (since Ray was compared with this guy) is the same: we are talking about nutrition, not spiritual subjects.

However, on whatever subject that we can talk about, Spiritual matter ALWAYS come! Sooner or later, but they come.

So what is our take to want to try to eat the right way, here on this times of history were the majority around us seem to be eating 'the wrong way'? Is it vanity? Or maybe we are afraid of future pains because we believe on a life of mostly pleasure (hedonism)? Or maybe we just don't want to spend money on the long run from all the hospital bills? So, Is it greed?

Does this means that we should forget all about what we believe that is the right way to do things? I don't think so...What we are supposed to do is to check our motivations and our main intentions when trying to do what is not 'the wrong way' to do things.

Foods are for the belly and the belly for foods. Truth is that our life is more than food! It might be not our lot in life to jump into the road preaching the world about better eating habits,

But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. (1 Corinthians 8:8)

In God eyes, whatever we eat, we are not better or worse, once again it's all about our motivations when eating and as long as we don't make our brothers to stumble and as long as we are always grateful in our hearts from every meal and take it not for granted; everything is cool.

Acts 2:46  So [the first communities of true believers] continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.

levycarneiro

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »

Hello Moises!

Even if today's fat doesn't rise cholesterol, I am not sure that it would be wise to stay on a fast food/junk food diet for the rest of your life. And if someone would think that is wise, I will wish you 'good luck' once again .

Maybe some didn't have a chance to watch the full video. He begins by debunking the broken logics of Supersize Me, so it seems he's advocating "scratch Supersize Me, you can eat junk food always, just keep carbs to 100g a day". But at the last few minutes, he does a second experiment, he starts eating more natural food: more fat and protein and less carbs, there is, eggs, bacon, meat, vegetables, no bread, no fries, no pizza, etc. That is the important part of the video - as evidently junk food is not good - and that's his point, meaning that fat is good.

On this tread we are talking about a 'certain view on food' and I don't think that it's fair to compare BT and what we believe that is so different from the rest of Christendom, with the few who believe a 'certain view about food'. Another analogy that has to do with food would probably be more properly, but not this forum, because a 'logical fallacy' could be constructed on that premise very easily.

I agree. We know what God gave us through BT/Ray is the truth. We can't say this view on food is the truth. It requires a lot more than just "making sense".

But it has been shown to work in several people's lives, some people even say they are cured of many things, as reported in a diet book previously mentioned here (The Paleo Solution).

In essence, and not to advocate the view on food, is just an elimination of any modern food that came about a few decades ago. If my grandma or great-grandmother wouldn't recognize it as food, it's probably not good food. That can't be wrong.

Anyway, we can't add more years to our life. God has determined our years. We can even be safe of heart diseases but die of something minor. Sometimes it's just about health, and feeling blessed for having this knowledge that can give you and your loved ones a better health - and sometimes even a cure - now.

God bless,
Levy

cjwood

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »

...I even heard a Doctor say that the mammogram machine they push on women....gives cancer! No wonder they want you to get checked asap...

ok, i just wanted to step in here because of the above statement.  i had breast cancer 12 years ago.  the small tumor was detected on my mammogram.  this diagnostic tool was not pushed on me.  i chose to have annual digital mammograms after a certain age.  of course it was my Father Creator who caused it all.  and i thank Him for causing me to get the mammogram. 

with regards to foods to eat and foods to stay away from i can only say through personal experience, i try to make wise choices with what i eat and the supplements i take.  but, before i eat anything i try to always remember to just ask God to bless it for nourishment and nutrition.  whatever it is.

there are as many opinions on what to eat as there are options of what to eat. 

claudia

Patric

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »

I can say that if I ever get cancer.....I would not treat it with any of the chemicals and drugs that doctors say 'cures'. What we put into the body as well as what we do not decides the outcome of the flesh......and as surely as this is a fact....I am not concerned with living in such a way as to fear cancer or what my body can and or can not filter out.....I am much more interested in the Father's will be done....and Claudia you are inspiring to me......for I know you now that you see and have walked that walk.....and our surrendered to his will......this info I found was in a book....and I saw an interview that the DR claimed at the age of 40 they suggest and brainwash woman into checking with mammograms....and men with prostate exams(not sure what exactly either of these exams entail....and by no means will I volunteer and find out!).....and the very machine was the agent of cancer......I am not saying this as a fact....and I hear you sister...it was indeed our Father who intrusted you with sickness and the very cancer......I would fight any known ills of the body with natural and or organic and what most would call holistic or quackery? faith.....LOL and or the Father's will.....and I can already hear someone saying.....medicine is from God.....and technology helps to heal......I was taught by a man who works with the fire department and was an EMT and trains in the field of CPR that if he was ever unconscious not to perform CPR on him! I laughed and thought....wow he does not want anyone to CPR him...and he teaches thousands how to do it!!!! Having the knowledge of such things....does not mean one should do them? Having watched my mother and father die to the body breaking down.....my mom and I would talk about medicine extending life but surely not the quality of life......my mom died in a lot of pain and clearly was not happy the final months of her life....but the meds and care kept her on this earth in the body......the day she died and the last time I saw her she was at peace and ready to give up the spirit....and knowing she would be made new.....AMEN that doctors and medicine do not give us this or even come close to what we have in store for us.......no confidence in the flesh.....this helps me to keep my sanity when I am in pain mentally....physically and spiritually.......I ask that I am empowered to bare and deal with the pain....I ask for it to go away at times....but mostly that I trust this is supposed to be happening.....his will.....okay I am going to shut up.....I speak only of what is revealed to me......

levycarneiro

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »

However, on whatever subject that we can talk about, Spiritual matter ALWAYS come! Sooner or later, but they come.

So what is our take to want to try to eat the right way, here on this times of history were the majority around us seem to be eating 'the wrong way'? Is it vanity? Or maybe we are afraid of future pains because we believe on a life of mostly pleasure (hedonism)? Or maybe we just don't want to spend money on the long run from all the hospital bills? So, Is it greed?

Does this means that we should forget all about what we believe that is the right way to do things? I don't think so...What we are supposed to do is to check our motivations and our main intentions when trying to do what is not 'the wrong way' to do things.

Foods are for the belly and the belly for foods. Truth is that our life is more than food! It might be not our lot in life to jump into the road preaching the world about better eating habits,

But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. (1 Corinthians 8:8)

In God eyes, whatever we eat, we are not better or worse, once again it's all about our motivations when eating and as long as we don't make our brothers to stumble and as long as we are always grateful in our hearts from every meal and take it not for granted; everything is cool.

Acts 2:46  So [the first communities of true believers] continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.

Wise words.

God bless,
Levy

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49172441/ns/us_news-christian_science_monitor/?ocid=msnhp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208452/Russia-suspends-import-use-American-GM-corn-study-revealed-cancer-risk.html

This verse was always difficult for me to understand: "For the love of money is the root of all evil" (1 Timothy 6:10).

How come all evil can come from love of money? Well, I understand part of if easier now (genetically modified corn/food producing frankestein food).

That verse is not properly translated.

Money is A root of all evil, it is not THE root nor the only one.

Hope that helps :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

levycarneiro

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »

That verse is not properly translated.

Money is A root of all evil, it is not THE root nor the only one.

Hope that helps :)

Oh, that makes more sense now :) Great, thanks!

From the Concordant Version online (http://www.concordant.org/version/NewFiles/15_FirstTimothy.htm):

"For a root of all of the evils is the fondness for money, which some, craving, were led astray from the faith and try themselves on all sides with much pain." (1 Timothy 6:10, CLNT)

God bless!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.