bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aonian punishment for sin against the Holy spirit  (Read 5134 times)

Ian 155

aonian punishment for sin against the Holy spirit
« on: August 19, 2012, 04:56:24 AM »

Mark 3:28-29 where Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; 29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" (NASB). Verse 28 says that all sins shall be forgiven. Verse 29  Implies that there is a sin that "never has forgiveness."   Verses "Look The Lamb of God Who Takes away the sin of the whole world" ..

All sin Shall Be forgiven BUT...

Someone have insight and or a previous discussion as to what the sin is Jesus Refers to  {how does one blaspheme the Holy Spirit} ??

Ian

Ian 155

Re: aonian punishment for sin against the Holy spirit
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:53 AM »

Thanks John,How is it possible to Blaspheme The Holy Spirit ?

Kat

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »

Hi Ian,

I found this email that should help you with this.

http://bible-truths.com/unpardon.html ------------------------

[Ray answers a young man's concerned he committed the Unpardonable Sin]
v

Many people speak of the "UNpardonable sin" as thought the Scriptures actually spoke of such a thing. They DO NOT! There is no such thing as an "unpardonable sin" in the Bible.

Well, then, what about Matt. 12:-31-32? Let's read it in a proper translation: 

"Therefore I am saying to you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be pardoned men, yet the blasphemy of the spirit shall not be pardoned." 

It certainly SOUNDS like the blasphemy of God's spirit is an unpardonable sin, doesn't it? Let's continue reading:

"And whosoever may be saying a word against the Son of Man, it will be pardoned him, yet whoever may be saying against the holy spirit, it shall not be pardoned him, [ever? continue reading...] neither in THIS EON [age] nor in that [age] which is IMPENDING."

Now then, does it really say this sin is UNPARDONABLE?  It is only unpardonable "in this age" and also "in the age to come [the impending age]." So it doesn't say it will NEVER be pardoned--only in this and the coming age will it NOT be pardoned. 

What about the age AFTER the coming age?  Ah, there is the answer. We live in what the Bible calls "this present wicked age." But the age to come is the ONE THOUSAND year reign of Christ in His kingdom on this earth. The sin against the holy spirit will not be pardoned in either of these two ages. When then? The age AFTER these two ages. After the one thousand year reign of Christ comes the white throne judgment in which ALL the unbelievers of the world will be judged. Judging has to do with setting things RIGHT, not condemning to some fabled hellhole of eternal torture in fire.

In Rev. 20 and 21 we read of God's purging lake of fire which will deal with all unbelievers and their sins. There will be many there who have blasphemed the holy spirit. But in that age of judging and setting right, even they will receive pardon and salvation. It is God's will and desire to save ALL MANKIND (I Tim. 2:4). And God will certain fulfill ALL THAT HE HAS PURPOSED (Isaiah 46:10-11).

But the main thing I would tell you, Kevin, is that if you FEAR that you might have committed this sin, it is actually evidence THAT YOU HAVE NOT committed this sin. Those who blaspheme the holy spirit HAVE NO CONSCIENCE about their sin and therefore don't even care. Since you care and are concerned it is proof that God has given you a heart that wants to do right. So follow God's leadings in your life and these feelings of guilt will leave you.

In the near future I will have a paper on the Lake of Fire posted on my site explaining these verses in Revelation that the world of Christendom have perverted to make it appear that God is going to torture most of His children in fire for all eternity. Nothing could be further from the truth.

May God be with you!

Sincerely,

Ray

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

Thanks John,How is it possible to Blaspheme The Holy Spirit ?

To call the good works of God evil.

Ian 155

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:58 PM »

Aha

Thanks all
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.