bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Tribulation  (Read 19589 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
The Great Tribulation
« on: August 19, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

hello Ray:

Below is a statement from your “Lake of Fire” series, part D4. I’m a little confused as to what you are trying to point out to the readers. Are you speaking of just the one tribulation, or is there more than one? At least three other bibles that speak of the great tribulation/affliction. Could you please explain?

The phrase "The great tribulation" is used hundreds of thousands of times by the Church, and yet (just as there is no such thing as "THE antichrist") there is no such phrase in the Bible as "The great tribulation." Oh there is tribulation and great tribulation all right, but not just one called "The" tribulation. Here how the unscriptural "Secret Rapture to Heaven" theory is taught:

Rev 7:14 And I have declared to him: "My lord, you are aware.And he said to me, "These are those coming out of the great affliction. And they rinse their robes, and they whiten them in the blood of the Lambkin."(CLV)
Rev 7:14  And I at once said to him—My lord! thou, knowest! And he said unto me—These, are they who come out of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb; (Rotherham)
Rev 7:14  And I say unto him, my lord, thou knowest. And he said to me, these are they that come of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. (ASV).

Thanks,
Frank

Dear Frank:

Actually, there is no phrase: "THE great tribulation" in the King James which is the Bible used by most of the world
throughout the last four hundred years.  Although as you show, it could be argued that in Rev. 7:14 reference is made
to [the] great tribulation at that particular time.  My point is contained in my sentence that you quote: "Oh there is
tribulation and great tribulation alright, but not just ONE called 'The' tribulation.

In fact, I go through every single use of the word "tribulation" in the entire Bible, and it should be evident to everyone
that these dozen references are not speaking of the same "one" tribulation, but many tribulations on many different
people at many different times in history.  However, virtually all of these tribulations mentioned in Scripture are on
God's elect, and that is what I cover in this study on tribulation. You ask if I am speaking of "just the one tribulation, or
is there more than one?"  Yes, of course there is more than one.  How can God's elect go through some tribulation
people termed "THE great tribulation," when God's elect live all through the ages, and not just during one specific
period of time in which there is to be found, "THE great tribulation?"

The phrase "great tribulation" is found only three times in Scripture:  Matt. 24:21, and in Rev. 2:22 and 7:14.  Look
at the two in Revelation:  Does the "great tribulation" Rev. 2:22 have anything in common with the "great tribulation"
of Rev. 7:14?  No, of course not.  Notice for example, that those who do not have the doctrine of Jezebel will be
spared these burdens spoken of in verse 24.  I hope this helps you understand better what I was teaching.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.