bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question concerning Christ's return  (Read 4358 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Question concerning Christ's return
« on: August 19, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

Hi all, I have a question about when Jesus returns to earth. It seems I am not understanding something about His return. I know when He came to His Discpl es in the flesh, He told them He would be back, and He did at His resurrection. Now I also know he came back in Spirit on the day of Pentecost. He is the Holy spirit. My question is how will He come back to us when the dead shall rise first then those that are His at his coming? Will we physically see Him or will we Spiritually see Him in each other? I am a little confused on this because He came in the flesh, then in the Spirit and poured out that Spirit on His chosen and I know He is still pouring the Spirit out on those He's choosing today, but when will we see Him face to face? At the end of the ages or what? I hope I am not confusing you all. God bless.   

Virginia

Gina

Re: Question concerning Christ's return
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »

Will we physically see Him or will we Spiritually see Him in each other?

Good question -- and while I don't have the answer I just wanted to say I look forward to the responses. :)

dave

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

For me I rest in these words by John, knowing there is more, still today I am satisfied for now.

Rev 1:8  `I am the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end, saith the Lord, who is, and who was, and who is coming--the Almighty.'

1Jn 3:1  See ye what love the Father hath given to us, that children of God we may be called; because of this the world doth not know us, because it did not know Him;
1Jn 3:2  beloved, now, children of God are we, and it was not yet manifested what we shall be, and we have known that if he may be manifested, like him we shall be, because we shall see him as he is;
1Jn 3:3  and every one who is having this hope on him, doth purify himself, even as he is pure.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:38:46 PM by micah7:9 »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:14 AM »

Hi Virginia,

There are quite a few Scriptures that state the Christ will appear and every eye will "see" Him.

Acts 1:9  And saying these things, as they watched, He was taken up. And a cloud received Him out of their sight.
v. 10  And while they were looking intently into the heaven, He having gone, even behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them,
v. 11  who also said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into the heaven? This same Jesus who is taken up from you into Heaven, will come in the way you have seen Him going into Heaven.

Mat 24:30  And then the sign of the Son of Man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.

Mark 13:26  And then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 

Rev 1:7  Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Zec 14:4  And His feet shall stand in that day on the Mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall divide from its middle, from the east and to the west, a very great valley. And half of the mountain shall move toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Another thing to consider is that everyone will have to face their Maker an give account to God for their deeds. I think we will see Him in all His glory at that time.

Rom 14:11  For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
v. 12  So then each one of us will give account concerning himself to God.

2Co 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

I believe when Christ returns everyone will see Him and be well aware that He is God. Maybe not the God they thought He was... thank goodness for that.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

the truth

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

Hello,Kat

Just wanted to ask...you shared......quote..I believe when Christ returns everyone will see Him and be well aware that He is God. Maybe not the God they thought He was... thank goodness for that.

I have  thought about this a little differently lately and wanted to get some thoughts on it.When we say"everyone"
will see him are we referring to the Dead that were not elect as well?As I am beginning to see that the white throne judgement isn't until after the millium reign?So that would make ONLY THE ELECT and those who survived the tribulation on earth able to see Him.AS I see the reference in Rev 1-7..as saying....and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him....meaning Judea in context.not those who literally pierced Him?Would appreciate your thought as well as others.

Also...I wanted to add in :Mat 25:31  When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32  And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33  And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left

Is this sheep here  the elect?Or the nations being seperated as in Zech,Isaiah?
Thanks again for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.