bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: if God wanted to forgive us, why can't...  (Read 15801 times)

Revilonivek

Re: if God wanted to forgive us, why can't...
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2012, 11:32:23 PM »

I think we misunderstood each other on the term religion. When I mention religion.. It means the belief of and worship of a super controlling power, their understanding of a personal God, or gods, It can also mean details of belief as taught.   What Ray covered on religion is the details of belief that's taught. I completely understand that part, no problem.  My part is people's perception of God that makes it their religion to a point where it looks/sounds so crazy.

I know the metaphor aspect, no problem.. but I am considering an entire different perception... examining it, that is. what if Old testament all together is a message from God... Religion or belief, or what they think God says.. anything that follow anything as crazy as this, is a BIG NO NO. It's like progonator, agnosistor, etc, the MORALS of the story.. Ray said something about the bible being one GIANT BOOK. Maybe God wants to show us our past and how dark it was, and then we transform, as we understand more and more, about our history, we change for the better, and so on.. I think God is neutral but it is the people who say things God says... but it is in the scriptures to show us that. Maybe?

I don't know.. because these people of God is CARNAL, as any of us, and I don't see why God chose them as his "chosen" but maybe they are the chosen race to be part of the scriptures, to be the focus of the scriptures of the old testament, and Gentiles/jews as the focus of the new testament as we evolve to something greater than our former past?

It is a thought.

mharrell08

Re: if God wanted to forgive us, why can't...
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2012, 11:38:15 PM »

Time to move on folks
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.