bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ hands it over?  (Read 4407 times)

nightmare sasuke

Christ hands it over?
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:03:11 AM »

When Christ hands his kingdom over to his father, will the aions cease to exist, or will new aions begin? What do the Scriptures say?

Sonia

Re: Christ hands it over?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:09:01 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
When Christ hands his kingdom over to his father, will the aions cease to exist, or will new aions begin? What do the Scriptures say?

I don't believe it says. Seems to me that the "aions" we are told about are those pertaining to ourselves. C.S. Lewis would say that we're only told our own story.

Sonia

Peacetroll

Christ hands it over?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 11:07:14 AM »

Christ and the Father are one.

Christ never hands over anything to the Father (Power), it is the Father who hands all things over to the Christ (The Man Iesous), the beginning of the New creation.

For Jesus can do Nothing without the Father, not the other way around.

Peace.

Having the Keys of David (Faith in the Mercy of God which is Jesus Christ)...

Psalm 110:1
The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Revelations 21:
 22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

***The Lamb is Jesus Christ, the same is the Glory of God.**

24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

ertsky

Christ hands it over?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 11:18:46 AM »

1Co 15:23  and each in his proper order, a first-fruit Christ, afterwards those who are the Christ's, in his presence,
1Co 15:24  then--the end, when he may deliver up the reign to God, even the Father, when he may have made useless all rule, and all authority and power--
1Co 15:25  for it behoveth him to reign till he may have put all the enemies under his feet--
1Co 15:26  the last enemy is done away--death;

the greek word translated deliver there is

G3860
παραδίδωμι
paradidōmi
Thayer Definition:
1) to give into the hands (of another)
2) to give over into (one’s) power or use
2a) to deliver to one something to keep, use, take care of, manage
2b) to deliver up one to custody, to be judged, condemned, punished, scourged, tormented, put to death
2c) to deliver up treacherously
2c1) by betrayal to cause one to be taken
2c2) to deliver one to be taught, moulded
3) to commit, to commend
4) to deliver verbally
4a) commands, rites
4b) to deliver by narrating, to report
5) to permit allow
5a) when the fruit will allow that is when its ripeness permits
5b) gives itself up, presents itself

how then do you say Peacetroll

Christ never hands over anything to the Father

just in case i haven't made myself clear here i am saying that Peacetroll seems to be contradicting a scripture !

Peacetroll says Christ never hands anything over to the Father but the bible plainly declares He does

f

eutychus

Christ hands it over?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 11:21:49 AM »

amen. peactroll

Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Psa 68:19 Blessed [be] the Lord, [who] daily loadeth us [with benefits, even] the God of our salvation. Selah.

Isa 8:10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God [is] with us.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, [and be] their God

lots more :wink:
love
eutychus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.