bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for possible Hurricane Isaac  (Read 6083 times)

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
Prayer for possible Hurricane Isaac
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »

Hi there. I just wanted to ask for prayer that Hurricane Isaac moves away from hitting us here in Miami, FL! We've been shopping for property insurance, but just can't afford it yet and we are worried about damages to our house. We simply can't afford to pay for any repairs at this point. I'm praying the Lord sees fit to shift or weaken this storm so that nothing major happens.

Thank you!
Elaine 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:48:58 PM by Cypress »
Elaine

levycarneiro

Re: Prayer for possible Hurricane Isaac
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »

Praying here. God bless!

Gina

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »

Definitely. 

Luke 8:24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown!" He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.

Matthew 8:26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

Mark 4:39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Psalm 107:29 He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.

Psalm 89:9 You rule over the surging sea; when its waves mount up, you still them.

Job 38

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, When it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb;

9 When I made clouds the garment thereof, And thick darkness a swaddling-band for it,

10 And marked out for it my bound, And set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further; And here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

1 John 5:15

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Is anything too hard for God?

onelovedread

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »

I too am praying. I have family (beside you guys) in Miami and in Delray Beach.  I am trusting God to keep you safe.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.
The righteous run in and are saved.
Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »

Thank you! And thank you, Gina, for those comforting verses. I never used to worry about anything. God has always protected and provided for our home (which my mom has had for 37 years or so!). Lately, I've just had so much anxiety in the last year, that I'm just worn thin. My nerves can hardly take it anymore lol. I really appreciate the encouragement.
Elaine

Gina

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »

You're welcome. 

I'll ask Jesus to rebuke that spirit of anxiety and replace it with the peace that passes all understanding. 

I will pray for your neighbors too. 

Psalm 40:17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

1 Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

(I imagine God breaking up the storm and/or sending it out into the Atlantic because He loves you.)

gregorydc

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 04:41:01 PM »

I will pray for you also. I also have family and friends in your vicinity as well. God  will watch over you and keep you safe, trust in Him!
Greg

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 12:38:43 AM »

Elaine  it could hit us here in the Sarasota Tampa area!!! Miami is more likely.  not good do you have a generator?

Gabriel

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 12:43:19 AM »

Praying for your family.

Stacey

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 04:39:34 AM »

Elaine, it's looking more and more like your prayer has already been answered. They keep moving the cone of uncertainty more to the west all the time which brings it closer to my house over in Baldwin County, Alabama.

If it has to come I hope the Lord will let it be a minimal storm without much damage to anyone's property or person. 
Stacey

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »

No, we don't have a generator. I'm feeling a bit more relieved since it's shifted, but it's still early to tell. We went shopping last night for some supplies.
Elaine

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 12:49:34 PM »

Good news but I'm still praying.  Still trusting.

Stacey, I'll be praying and trusting for you and your neighbors to be protected, if it has to come.

gregorydc

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »

I pray it misses all who may be in the pass to harm no one. I pray it comes far enough west to give us here in Kansas some much needed rain!

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 11:06:47 PM »

Agreed!!
Elaine

Vera

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »

I'm praying for your safety, believing He is taking care of His own.
God be with you,
Vera

Samson

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »

Hi there. I just wanted to ask for prayer that Hurricane Isaac moves away from hitting us here in Miami, FL! We've been shopping for property insurance, but just can't afford it yet and we are worried about damages to our house. We simply can't afford to pay for any repairs at this point. I'm praying the Lord sees fit to shift or weaken this storm so that nothing major happens.

Thank you!
Elaine

Hey Elaine,

Hope & Pray that You and Justin come out of this Storm without any damage to Yourselves & Your Home. It looks to be heading on a Northwestern course, the Gulf coast states. My Family(Dad, Sisters & Brother) live in the Naples, Bonita Springs area of Florida, so hope they make out okay too.

Hope that Kat, Marques, Manuela & other Forum Members of the Gulf coast States come out of this unscathed. The intensity of the Storm might not be too great, but it's supposed to cover a large area outside the eye. Hope all goes well for those affected.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »

Thank you all. Looks like we have been spared here, thank God. Praying for others still in the path.
Elaine

virginiabm

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »

Hi all, I am praying for all in the path of Hurricane Isaac. My problems seems small compared to what could happen to folks in Fla. and other areas. I pray for the peace and safety for all. Virginia

Gina

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

Glad to hear you were spared.  God is amazing.

I pray Stacey, Manuela and Dennis will be spared too. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.