bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus' name  (Read 6651 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Jesus' name
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »

Hi everybody,

I have a question about one of Ray's teaching which caught my attention.  Jesus is the name we are to call him by is what i am getting from Ray's article. I have no problem with this. I called Him Jesus my whole growing up years, then I met the sacred name group and I was convinced that Yahshua was correct in any language and this is what we are suppose to call Him.

There are so many conflicting information on this when i tried to do a study on this just this week. That there isn't a y in the Hebrew language neither a J. they have the sound of the J when you have two vowels in the beginning of the word, then you are told you have the y sound in the same way. If I understand right, which I do have a hard time understanding things, which is right?

I hope I haven't confused anyone, but I would love to have some impute on this subject. I love My saviour and I would not want to disrespect Him in any way, so if someone could give me some clarity i would greatly appreciate it very much. Virginia

Samson

Re: Jesus' name
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »

Hi everybody,

I have a question about one of Ray's teaching which caught my attention.  Jesus is the name we are to call him by is what i am getting from Ray's article. I have no problem with this. I called Him Jesus my whole growing up years, then I met the sacred name group and I was convinced that Yahshua was correct in any language and this is what we are suppose to call Him.

There are so many conflicting information on this when i tried to do a study on this just this week. That there isn't a y in the Hebrew language neither a J. they have the sound of the J when you have two vowels in the beginning of the word, then you are told you have the y sound in the same way. If I understand right, which I do have a hard time understanding things, which is right?

I hope I haven't confused anyone, but I would love to have some impute on this subject. I love My saviour and I would not want to disrespect Him in any way, so if someone could give me some clarity i would greatly appreciate it very much. Virginia

Virginia,

I started an Off topic Thread about that on August 28,2010 entitled Joshua Ben Joseph regarding the Jesus name when translating from Hebrew directly to English. Jesus is the English equivalent of Iesous(Greek), at least as close as they can get. Well, check that Thread out, but it's acceptable and common in Our language to call Him Jesus. Jesus literally means " Jehovah Savior."

Kind Regards, Samson.

virginiabm

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

Thank you very much samson i will look into that.

God bless you

bpenelli

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07:26 PM »

Ray explains a lot about this in his paper...
SOLVING THE ENIGMA OF GOD
Installment 1
What is the Name of the Father and His Son?
http://bible-truths.com/enigmaOfGod.htm
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Joel

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »

Jesus knows you are talking to him regardless of language, or the various forms and translations of his name.
He is still Our Lord, and Saviour worthy of all our love and praise.
My name is actually Joel (meaning, Jehovah is God) Over the years I over look it when people have called me Gerald, George, and other names not so nice. ;D
I don't think he would have a problem if I called him; Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, or The Prince of Peace. ( Isaiah 9:6 )

The Lord used the 120 on the day of Pentecost ( Acts 2 ) to speak to the multitude in many languages, and they all heard his name OK I think. :) 

Joel

newgene87

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:51 PM »

Hi everybody,

I will have you in my prayers. I used to be DEEP in the sacred name idea - I studied from 2 different sites, whether it was Yahshua,yahoshua, yehoshua, yehshua etc etc and mo etc. Ray nails it in his paper, that posts "Joshua Ben Joseph" nails, and Joel just made a great point. I was there, I wanted to make sure I was saying the correct name and not a pagan name. I mean, it made sense coming here. My idea of hell was WAY off, free will wrong, lucifer wrong, creation days wrong, shouting, speaking in tongues etc -- why not JESUS being wrong and the tetragrammaton YHVH and all that mumbo jumbo. I PRAY PEACE FOR YOU. Ray truly nails it and be free in JESUS. If you wish to stay in Yeshua, be all means, call him Messias, Mashiac, by all means

"happy is he that condemns not himself IN THAT which he allows" (Rom 14:23)

Just have peace. "Come out of her...". Just know that the name Jesus is okay. If you're are close as TERRIBLY far I was in that name mess, it's hard coming out. Jesus, Jehovah, Yahweh - I'm content with obeying his word, loving, and knowing he's My Lord

Eugene

virginiabm

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:13 AM »

Thank you all for the very wisdom of your words. I did read Rays article solving the enigma of God and that stirred my spirit up to understand it was OK to even say the name Jesus. I read the other article to. Your prayers and your kind words have helped me. I feel at peace with God and His Son and all mankind because I know He lives and He is the Saviour of All. May God Bless you and the others here on this forum for the Love that you show.
                               your sister in Christ, Virginia    Being Like Him is what's important.

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

If it were wrong to use the name of Jesus, and we used it, since we do not have free will, we could have done no differently. It would have been a choice caused by God.

the truth

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »

Hello,

Remember what Ray said...If the church teaches it its proably not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newgene87

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »

Hello,

Remember what Ray said...If the church teaches it its proably not right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well theres a gray area with that because they do teach the name of Jesus. Well most do. And ray cleared that up. Jesus/Yeshua/Yahushua/Yahshua/Yehoshua is all accepted. Whether someone feels holier, more righteous, or higher - He knows. Obedience to what the name means is more important. I'm still thankful Ray cleared that up me.

So the church got that one thing right tho........well they don't believe the salvation behind the name soooo...nevermind :D

Eugene

virginiabm

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »

Hi again everyone,

I want to thank each one of you for your imput on this subject. I was lead to believe that the spelling of the name was more important and what the name means, so this has been cleared up for me as well. thanks again.

p.s I should have listen to my husband to start with before he came to believe what everyone was saying to.

Much love to all.          Virginia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.