bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: If I hear one more person say...  (Read 18041 times)

space.ace.jase

If I hear one more person say...
« on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »

"That's why God gave us a free will!" one more time I'm going to flip out!!

I'm growing to appreciate this forum more and more as lately I can't seem to stop hearing people talking about their "free" will (while I bite my tongue!). It's like a great tree providing shade from the harsh sun to rest in :)

Just wanted to vent a little - post your favourite things you have heard people saying lately that has been frustrating you (or maybe I'm easily irritated  :P)

gregorydc

Re: If I hear one more person say...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »

My biggest qualm is when they say I believe in John 3:16 and then quote it. And then I ask do you also believe in hell? They say yes and I say then you don't believe John 3:16 then do you?
I feel really bad about this but people just don't seem to understand when I try to explain it or maybe they just don't want to understand. I don't understand why people just can't except God is love. It seems so simple to me?  Maybe I'm lookin to deep into it. Here's my rant for the day thanks for listening I feel much better already! Lol
Greg

santikos

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »

one that is most stated as if there is a verse in the 3 book of hebrews ( jusk kidding about the 3rd book) is

Jesus spoke more of hell than heaven..

Gabriel

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »

I hate it when people say, "If there is no hell? I should just go out and do whatever I want" WOW! I mean, seriously? I hear that nonsense all the time.  >:(

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

facebook is great for "I love God and Trust him for all my needs"....then the next post, they are scaird, afraid, complaining, whining, faithless.....

#2 is  the same as you....God gave me a free will or I made a CHOICE-it was mine!

Samson

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »

"That's why God gave us a free will!" one more time I'm going to flip out!!

I'm growing to appreciate this forum more and more as lately I can't seem to stop hearing people talking about their "free" will (while I bite my tongue!). It's like a great tree providing shade from the harsh sun to rest in :)

Just wanted to vent a little - post your favourite things you have heard people saying lately that has been frustrating you (or maybe I'm easily irritated  :P)

Here's two for you: 1) First, from my wife's perspective, whenever I respond to Her by saying: " You just don't understand the reality of all this," She can't stand it when I say that to her.

2) " That's just the way it is, there's nothing you can do about it." That comment emanates from My Dad. I can't stand it when He says that.

And it's always about a situation that doesn't directly affect Him. Often, it is an obvious fact that " there's nothing I can do about something." I just get sick of hearing it.

3) Here's one that both My wife and I can't stand hearing from My Dad, I've been hearing this for 50 years or so: " You have two choices when you get up in the Morning, to be happy or to be sad."

Like I get up in the Morning purposely looking for stress & anxiety in order to be sad.

And Yes, space.ace.jase, I dislike hearing about someone's inner power where they were able to utilize their " Free Will " to overcome something coupled with giving no credit to God.

newgene87

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »

Oh I love this post. Recently I've been dealing with this. I sat in on a bible study of my wife's church...and had to sit there and watch a respected pastor and a minister (both are really good people personally) say,

"God is Sovereign but...."

I absolutely hate a but after that grand statement.Then I message her on Fb and present scripture after scripture after scripture; from 1Tim, 1Joh, Isai, Ezek, Act, Jer - scripture after scripture, the actual verse laid out regarding Gods sovereignty and all: and she responds refuting me WITHOUT even ONE verse of scripture. Just that she doesn't agree and her opinion and "unscriptural remark" after another. That burns me inside.

Then another situation, I lay out Ecclesiastes 3, how God appoints seasons and everything - then someone brings in free will  :o....like Ecclesiastes 3 should demolish free will alone. Truly, the world lies in darkness.

That a "prayer language" is different from "speaking in tongues". It's a utterance for us to "utter" to God. And I ask for a scripture or verse on that idea and they don't have one.....O.M.G{!!!!}

Oh oh oh, then I hear --- "the bible says, choose ye this day whom ye will serve"...I say, well Jesus says, "you did not choose me, I chose you" then says, "No one can come to me unless the father drags him". What did they say???? "well, we still have to make a choice"... THEN I ask them, "can a leopard change his spots?". They say NO (which is obvious), I show them the scripture, and THEY STILL insist God gives us a choice, it's silly frustrating. Truly, I love that I'm in His light and peace.

Eugene

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

I was talking to a person recently that believes they have free will. And I asked them as Ray has said; If you have free will, stop yourself from sinning this minute, and never sin again.
Should have seen the look on their face, it was priceless.

Joel

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »

...there are two (or sometimes more than two) ways to look at that. 

When they name them, I discover that I don't look 'at that' either of those ways.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 01:05:57 AM »

Oh I love this post. Recently I've been dealing with this. I sat in on a bible study of my wife's church...and had to sit there and watch a respected pastor and a minister (both are really good people personally) say,

"God is Sovereign but...."

I absolutely hate a but after that grand statement.Then I message her on Fb and present scripture after scripture after scripture; from 1Tim, 1Joh, Isai, Ezek, Act, Jer - scripture after scripture, the actual verse laid out regarding Gods sovereignty and all: and she responds refuting me WITHOUT even ONE verse of scripture. Just that she doesn't agree and her opinion and "unscriptural remark" after another. That burns me inside.

Then another situation, I lay out Ecclesiastes 3, how God appoints seasons and everything - then someone brings in free will  :o....like Ecclesiastes 3 should demolish free will alone. Truly, the world lies in darkness.

That a "prayer language" is different from "speaking in tongues". It's a utterance for us to "utter" to God. And I ask for a scripture or verse on that idea and they don't have one.....O.M.G{!!!!}

Oh oh oh, then I hear --- "the bible says, choose ye this day whom ye will serve"...I say, well Jesus says, "you did not choose me, I chose you" then says, "No one can come to me unless the father drags him". What did they say???? "well, we still have to make a choice"... THEN I ask them, "can a leopard change his spots?". They say NO (which is obvious), I show them the scripture, and THEY STILL insist God gives us a choice, it's silly frustrating. Truly, I love that I'm in His light and peace.

Eugene

ha!  I love this.  I hear L. Ray Smith all over your post!  I LOVE it.

newgene87

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »

Thanks Gina. Since I've been reading his papers (EVERDAY NOW), I'm becoming in tune with the scriptures :) :)

And another one I hate....

"the bible says..."

And majority of the time IT'S NOT EVEN SCRIPTURE. I've had a guy tryin to argue me to vote and says if I'm a Christian, the bible says to, "obey the laws of the land". Funny. It's not a verse and there IS a verse which tell us NOT to do as people of the land do. And "come as you are". Idk, that really gets me. Then to sit in on a bible study of older people (40s, 50s) who's been in "church" for 15+ years and I know 3 times more scripture than they do at 25. Idk, it just really gets me that "church folk" don't know what the bible says....when they should

Oh OH.

"God didn't make robots."

I think the ones who say that dont even understand their own arguments. regardless, I love this post. I may have to vent a little more in a few weeks on this post. It's been my pain "officially coming out of the church" these past 4 months. Its unbearable to know the truth of matters and see sincere people make mockery of it

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 03:13:55 AM »

hehe,  I just love all that scripture you quoted. ;)

Gina

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 03:16:23 AM »

regardless, I love this post. I may have to vent a little more in a few weeks on this post. 

I can't wait that long. ;D

Stacey

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 04:27:47 AM »

I was talking to a person recently that believes they have free will. And I asked them as Ray has said; If you have free will, stop yourself from sinning this minute, and never sin again.
Should have seen the look on their face, it was priceless.

Joel

Love that.

space.ace.jase, I think you have set yourself up for a "flip out"

Hope you have a safe landing  :)
Stacey

boanerges

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »

"God didn't make robots."

My brother used that one on me, and i immediately came back at him with:

Has not the potter the right over the clay, out of the same kneading to make one vessel, indeed, for honor, yet one for dishonor?
—Romans 9:21

We are clay in the potters hand

He has yet to acknowledge my report   :)

blessings all

gmik

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 10:30:57 PM »

oh these are all good ones

another one I hate: 'Well, they chose to go to hell"  whaaat???  who would choose that?

this isn't from Ray but I hate it none the less: " it is what it is".......huh???

yeah, that robot one drives me nuts too!

santikos

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 12:33:53 AM »

with the freewill , i always wonder how a person can think that God will leave it up to a mere human to make the choice.

Gabriel

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »

I'm often told that I take scripture out of "context" to support my "agenda" are they really just telling me that they don't believe the passages I quoted?

newgene87

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »

I'm often told that I take scripture out of "context" to support my "agenda" are they really just telling me that they don't believe the passages I quoted?

AH THIS IS GOLDEN!!! Isaiah 46:10 is the perfect example of this

Isaiah 46:10-11
Declaring from the beginning, the latter end, And from olden time, that which had never been done,-- Saying My purpose shall stand, and All my pleasure, will I perform; 11 Calling, From the East, a Bird of Prey, From a far country, the Man I intended,-- Yea I have spoken I will also bring it to pass, I have planned, I will also do it.

LIKE HOW CAN THIS BE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT. "His purpose shall stand, and all my pleasure, will I perform or do. Mention 1 Timothy 2:4 and it goes through one ear and out the other. "you're taking it out of context" "that's your interpretation". Great example. Cause I HATE dealing with that. Like how is preaching there's 50% chance someone goes to heaven or hell a GOSPEL??? Good news AND Hell do not go together. And that's "their" agenda. Our agenda is salvation for all.

I truly share your pain Gabriel.

Eugene

indianabob

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »

Hi Eugene,
I love your remarks about your experience.
You are a man after my own heart. BUT, you carry my first name so I don't appreciate your remarks about old people in their 40's and 50's. That is still young!! I'm 77 and still have most thoughts, desires, needs that I did at your age.
I can still make a Ford Mustang V-8 burn rubber for a block. Ha ha, as long as you pay for it.  ;D
For folks like us who are going to live for thousands of years PLUS it is a real bummer to be spoken of as OLD, over the hill, losing our minds etc etc.

Kindly offered from your new friend, Eugene Robert B....
Ole Indiana Bob
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.