bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: If I hear one more person say...  (Read 18039 times)

newgene87

Re: If I hear one more person say...
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 02:24:58 AM »

Hi Eugene,
I love your remarks about your experience.
You are a man after my own heart. BUT, you carry my first name so I don't appreciate your remarks about old people in their 40's and 50's. That is still young!! I'm 77 and still have most thoughts, desires, needs that I did at your age.
I can still make a Ford Mustang V-8 burn rubber for a block. Ha ha, as long as you pay for it.  ;D
For folks like us who are going to live for thousands of years PLUS it is a real bummer to be spoken of as OLD, over the hill, losing our minds etc etc.

Kindly offered from your new friend, Eugene Robert B....
Ole Indiana Bob

Well thank you for your kind words. But I thought I carefully said "oldER", meaning "older than me" or better yet, "old enough to be in a church for years and not know enough scripture". I wouldn't dare label that "old". You're not even old. Now Methuselah, Lamach, Adam, Abraham and them folk -- now them is OLD. :) :). I meant no offense so I apologize if that crossed to that. I figured I was "politically" correct in saying "Older". Well, I should've left that thought out completely

Btw

My name is Shelton Eugene Seward

Gina

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »

Not easily offended are ya, "ol'" bob. ;D

space.ace.jase

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »

oh these are all good ones

another one I hate: 'Well, they chose to go to hell"  whaaat???  who would choose that?

this isn't from Ray but I hate it none the less: " it is what it is".......huh???

yeah, that robot one drives me nuts too!

Or even worse is when you hear others say "we all deserve to go to hell" ... umm what? So you are saying that little child over there deserves to be in torturous pain without even a millisecond break for trillions and trillions of years (and after all these trillions of years it is only JUST the beginning!!) - it's SO SICK! God has SO MUCH more mercy, love and compassion than all us puny humans do combined and even I wouldn't wish Hitler to such an evil without end. I'm reading "Installment 16 HELL Part D" (for some reason I didn't read this article) and I couldn't get past the half way mark with that story because I literally felt sick in the stomach.

Like Ray says if only people would start to think about the things they say..., but it's all of God so it's all good :D

newgene87

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15:34 AM »

oh these are all good ones

another one I hate: 'Well, they chose to go to hell"  whaaat???  who would choose that?

this isn't from Ray but I hate it none the less: " it is what it is".......huh???

yeah, that robot one drives me nuts too!

Or even worse is when you hear others say "we all deserve to go to hell" ... umm what? So you are saying that little child over there deserves to be in torturous pain without even a millisecond break for trillions and trillions of years (and after all these trillions of years it is only JUST the beginning!!) - it's SO SICK! God has SO MUCH more mercy, love and compassion than all us puny humans do combined and even I wouldn't wish Hitler to such an evil without end. I'm reading "Installment 16 HELL Part D" (for some reason I didn't read this article) and I couldn't get past the half way mark with that story because I literally felt sick in the stomach.

Like Ray says if only people would start to think about the things they say..., but it's all of God so it's all good :D

Truly, they DON'T think about what they say. If they did, they would know it DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Even a LITTLE bit of Love would cause me to think something is wrong with hell. There is no love to think somebody who lied to save his family is gonna burn and be tortured forever. There is no justice.

From what I've experienced, they just claim that it's not Gods fault that people will go to hell and he gives them choices. It's a never ending circle of using no scripture.

OH OH OH. And if you ask someone, where does someone's soul go when they die.....I've heard "bad people go to hell" - "good people heaven". I immediately show 1 Corinthians 15 and about the Resurrection from the dead. I'm like how is there a resurrection if people are already at their destinations????

AND - "I know my grandmother is watching down on me..." - "I know my mama is watching over me...". I hear this from the most carnal people and I knew their loved ones. Heaven and hell doesn't make sense cause there seems to be no standards for heaven. And you just have to be evil for hell. This gets me; cause there is no knowledge whatsoever of DEAD people. They're either walking amongst us, in the sky, in hell, souls lost - unscriptural nonsense. I'm glad to know they'll all be judged in righteousness and be corrected and saved

Eugene

Gina

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 11:32:30 AM »

with the freewill , i always wonder how a person can think that God will leave it up to a mere human to make the choice.

Me too! 

Someone said (think it was Billy Graham's daughter or wife or something):   

"Well, God gave man a free will and God is too much of a gentleman to overstep that boundary."

(That's when you just know the lights are on but nobody's home.  Because everyone knows all gentlemen everywhere derive huge amounts of satisfaction from the smell of billions of pounds of burning flesh coming from screaming babies and grandmothers and grandfathers.  Oh but it's true!)

Then there's:  You really need to get into a church, Gina--Do not forsake the assembling of the saints.

(Since when is a gathering of people worshiping that kind of a "god" considered saintly?)

Gina

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »

And, of course, this is the part where someone chimes in and says:

"But remember, we used to believe those things too, Gina...." 

acomplishedartis

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 04:34:25 PM »

I hate when people say.

''What church do you congregate?'', ''Are you saved yet? Have you ever invite Jesus to come into your heart?'', ''Today the pastor said...'', ''The bible say that we must congregate'', ''I don't know the answer but you have to go to talk with the pastor'', ''Today the service was so beatiful...'', ''If we don't tithe we are robing god'', ''Amens'' to whatever the pastor's say... etc. etc.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 03:43:40 AM by Moises G. »

newgene87

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 08:02:57 PM »

so i just found something OH SO PROFOUND from Ray about Hell and how the church sees it

So imagine it, you go to this Christian fantasy of heaven and God says, ‘finally you are here, you are going to get the blessings that I told Abraham, that all the families of the earth would be blessed. 
Harry your blessing, look over here your mother, your Father, your grandmother and your great grandmother and grandfather and great grandfather, just look at them writhing in pain like bacon in a pan.  Isn’t it wonderful.  How do you feel?  Isn’t it good to be in heaven.  It’s good to be in the kingdom of God, isn’t it.  Don’t you feel blessed
It’s evil!  Words can not describe the evil of this doctrine of the Christian church.  It is evil beyond human comprehension.

I would love to use this. like, is it truly a BLESSING for "me" to be Paradise and Heaven; yet someone i love so dearly and i know they tried their best but was just addicted to some habits and their being burned for no justice. it's truly nonsense. they truly dont know what they are saying or what heaven and hell really mean. i had to share this. i would not feel blessed in this condition. not at all

Eugene

servias

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

Is it not GODS WILL that we WILL to have WILL?   Say that 3 times fast. :)

Gina

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »

We must believe in free will, we have no choice.    :P

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »

Hi Gina, I'm on another forum where the wife of a retired pastor comments from time to time.
I think she is Methodist and their congregation is quite large, so I imagine that she has quite a bit of experience counseling folks with problems and in visiting sessions with her husband. I think Methodist still take a chaperon along when visiting women who are alone.

She is a sensitive and sweet person as far as her messages are concerned, but she is really indoctrinated.
Of course I understand that that was the way she was reared and lived with her pastor husband, so it is understandable and I'm not going to try to change her. I continue my relationship because I need to learn how to relate to these folks who are not yet ready for deeper understanding. She worries about me on a regular basis. (smile)
Counseling is what we may be doing in the Kingdom. Of course I realize that God can give us the ability that we need to help people after we are changed, but I think it is good to try to relate during our training and testing and learning to examine ourselves to find our own faults and face them.

I'm truly not sensitive about my age. My wife complains when I tell people that I'm about 80 when I'm not yet.  ::) 8)
I think advanced age is an honor and demonstrates a certain amount of courage in those who have problems that cause them pain every day that they live. NOT me! I have had a few problems, but God has favored me with short term problems and a family that supports me in them. My kids and my wife still listen when I begin to speak....as long as I keep it short and to the point. Ain't love grand!

Just sharing a few thoughts. Indiana Bob

Gina

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 04:20:39 AM »

Oh bob, if only you were my maternal father.  You are here - with us ... first and foremost. 

You have your wits about you. 

You are sharp as a tack. 

You truly care about others.   

I am glad you take care of yourself and eat well. 

I don't care how old you are. 

I'm, by the goodness of God, getting oldER too.  And I hate it.  (I'm not kidding!)

But there are worse things in life.  Like, B-T (and you) not being here.

:)

Luff you...   Nighty nite....

indianabob

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 02:31:02 AM »

Gina,
Appreciate the kind thoughts. Bob

Rwill

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »

Id like to share this experance i once had i was at a Jesus Festival think it was Jesus 78 or so and had all these big time teachers evangelist pastors there on stag
heard them all and while going back to my tent i stopped for a drink and a young man in a wheel chair was there he had cerabal palsey or something like that and with a slurred voice said to me  JJJJJ ee ss u ss   lll o vvves you...And a still small voice inside me said greater in the kingdom is he then all those men onstage

Zimmy

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 12:30:06 AM »

When a nonbelieving friend of a Christian dies and the question is asked;

"Is he in hell?"

I don't know, he may have made a decision to accept Jesus in the last seconds of his life.

"But he died on the operating table."

Only God knows.

"And that comforts you?"

Its all we have.

indianabob

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »

We must believe in free will, we have no choice.    :P

Gina,

I've read through this thread five or six time now and I just grasped the meaning of your comment.
That is deep my friend.
"we are required to believe in free will" It is not optional. We have no "free will" to choose.
I have never heard it critiqued that way. Brilliant. And coming from one so young.  :D

Gina

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

We must believe in free will, we have no choice. -Isaac B. Singer

Yep, ibob, it's an oxymoron.  Just like Ray said.

There's a guy I read years ago who said, Anything that is free, can't be willed.  Likewise, anything that can be willed can't possibly be free.

So work out your salvation with awe and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will...

Tah-dah !   ;D

Abednego

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »

Not really adding to this, just catching up on everything I missed since I was last registered. I have been seeing black names, but when I got to this post I saw so many. I see Samson, Gina, gmik and santikos are gone.

Not looking for responses, as I know it is none of my business why and when people come and go.

I only had one interaction with Samson and several with Gina.

I was never much of a poster, and I hardly pm but don't think that means I don't know you. Yeah...you. I read every post, pray for you all, and get to know you through what I read. So I am missing some of the interaction I used to see.

I really miss Samson's carry on.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »

Some have changed their names.

loretta

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »

I was telling a friend just today that we have to experience both evil and good in order to be conformed into the image of Christ.  She replied that

We have the authority to rebuke the devil (and all his evil machinations)

Btw, Is there a scripture to support that?

It never worked for me in Christendom.  I thought it was all hocus-pocus.  Am I wrong?  Is it a part of spiritual warfare like casting out demons?  Ray did talk about casting out demons and many people have experienced it, both the indwelling and casting out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.