bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What goodness/kindness did God do for you today?  (Read 5277 times)

Gina

What goodness/kindness did God do for you today?
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »

God is so good.  We could go on and on about the ugly stuff in the world...    We don't have to dig very far to find those things.  And then there are those things that God does for us every single day that comforts us and/or puts a smile on our faces.  You can name as many things as you want -- large or small.  Size doesn't matter!

I'll start:  I woke up and the forum and bible-truths.com is still here.  (That's a biggie and the day's not even over yet.)

I also thank God that I get to live in such a beautiful part of the world, I have such sweet caring friends around me, I have a dependable car, I'm able to pay my bills, my bosses have been so kind to me, and I have children and they are healthy. :)

So, how did God make you smile and/or comfort you today?

newgene87

Re: What goodness/kindness did God do for you today?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »

Well, I think on my days of depression and darkness, and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL for where I am now in Gods Truth. I woke up beside my beautiful Wife of 2 months now. I still have my mom and dad to talk to.... I'm grateful for the Freedom I have in Christ. I remember when I was filled with questions, doubts, disbelief -- I'm happy I can go to my OliveTree Study on my iPhone or iPad or to Esword on my laptop and find ALL my questions in scripture :) :). And if it's something too hard I can log on here and simply ask. I am grateful al God has given me. I truly could be in a worse situation.

"he has done marvelous things" (Psalm 98:1)

Eugene

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 04:54:33 PM »

I thank God for letting me know about my big ego and about His plan of the Salvation of all.

I am greatful that He have gave us the Scriptures, and also I am greateful for the many translators, and for the people who write dictionaries and make websites of much value and for all the good teachers that are out there and that have come to pass.   
What I appreciate the most is; spiritual brothers and sisters.

space.ace.jase

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

I'm very ungrateful (working on it..) but one thing that really gets me is God being in total control of everything. I get so much peace from it, it's like God has said "you cannot mess up so bad that I'm going to give up on you- you will become in my image in time no if but or maybe!"

jopie

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:33:13 AM »

I am not looking for any goodness or kindness from God,
 just as my kids are not looking for any of that from me. Love is the overriding factor.

I am very thankful for many things, my family being the most important.
I have trouble defining 'God' as I am married to someone who at one time deeply believed in God and was very involved with the things of God.
She totally denies God now and says He is a figment of your imagination, in other words there is no God.

Fortunately she still loves me, not only that but our relationship has gotten even better since that time.
So I see God in a totally different way and to tell you the truth it has been quite liberating.

He has gotten a lot bigger, to the extend that at times I'm speechless.
God cannot be contained, He fills everything, there's no place that He is not.
Nobody can get away from His presence. He is involved in every thing.

Job said, "What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?"

He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends the rain on the just  and on the unjust.

Just this week I had an incident happen to me.
 You see I love to play Golf and play once a week this time of year.

My golf clubs and some other things got stolen out of my Van this Thursday, I felt pretty sick about it at the time.

I reported it to the Police, not thinking or hoping I would hear anything about it.
I was totally at peace except did not like the fact that someone broke into my Van on my property.

Well wouldn't you know I got a call from the police today that they located my clubs on the web, for sale
and are waiting for just the right time to make a move, and I didn't even pray about it

So, I am grateful and yes I might be more aware and receptive to God's blessings than some one who doesn't believe.

"Lord, help us to give thanks in everything."

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 02:42:51 AM »

He has gotten a lot bigger, to the extend that at times I'm speechless.
God cannot be contained, He fills everything, there's no place that He is not.
Nobody can get away from His presence. He is involved in every thing.

Job said, "What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil?"

He makes the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends the rain on the just  and on the unjust.

Yep.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 04:11:15 AM »

I love these replies.  I hope you keep them coming!

Jopie: 
Well wouldn't you know I got a call from the police today that they located my clubs on the web, for sale and are waiting for just the right time to make a move, and I didn't even pray about it

This reminds me of this verse:

for your Father knows what you need before you ask him

Not that you need your clubs, but it sure was nice for the cops to call. 

God Bless you, Jopie.  :)

newgene87

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »

I'm very ungrateful (working on it..) but one thing that really gets me is God being in total control of everything. I get so much peace from it, it's like God has said "you cannot mess up so bad that I'm going to give up on you- you will become in my image in time no if but or maybe!"

This brought tears of joy. This is an amazing word for my life. What a good way to start everyday from here on. A new day of thanksgiving knowing that We are never too messed up for God!! Better yet

Romans 8:35, 38-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I'm thankful for a new day :) :) :) :)

:D Eugene

Gina

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »

Yes!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 06:11:07 AM »

~ :) ~

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

I'm thankful for.. good music. Right now I'm going through some old Lionel/Commodores.. "Lady (you bring me up)"

Good stuff

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »

I was walking in a water store yesterday after work.  (I was mentally and physically exhausted -- I'll spare the details)....

I lost the grip on my car keys and they fell on the ground.  I went to go pick them up just as this sweet little girl about 5 years old was walking right past me, leaving the store with her mom.

She stops, bends down, picks my keys up and hands them to me with the sweetest smile on her face, like she was so happy to have done someone a favor.  I said, awwww thank you sweetie!   

That just made my evening!

God's really sweet and good and generous to me every day that way with people being so kind to me like that.  Knowing it comes from God because He loves me makes it even sweeter.   

Little things mean a lot.

My friend Gail and I always talk about what a perfect Husband Jesus is to us. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.