bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurricane Isaac... Everybody okay in NOLA?  (Read 4680 times)

Gina

Hurricane Isaac... Everybody okay in NOLA?
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:16:10 AM »

Darren?

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hurricane Isaac... Everybody okay in NOLA?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »

Can't speak for NO but I'm in Houma (work) which is south west of NO. We had wind gusts probably close to 80mph last night and we are still getting gusts well above 30 right now. Seen the glow of a bunch of transformers blowing out. That was something to see. Lot's of people out of power this morning here I'm pretty sure.

Stacey

Gina

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »

Oh okay - I hope you guys get your power back on.  Yeah transformers blowing -- that's a sight.  Saw one blow at 4 a.m. in the morning during an earthquake here in 94.  Lit up the entire sky for miles.

Stacey

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

No power loss for me. I'm on a boat, a big boat with big generators. When the water rises, we rise right along with it.  :)

Watching the local news, there is a lot of flooding and people trapped in their homes in some area's.

The eye has passed over us now and the wind has shifted coming out of the south now at about 45-50mph.

The water is rising.
Stacey

Gina

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 03:39:50 AM »

The news footage is frightening.  I'm glad you're safe and ... rising. ;)   

Had another earthquake today but God had mercy -- I was outside and didn't feel a thing.  That's happened twice recently.  Unlike hurricanes, there's no warning for earthquakes and you never know how strong they're going to be.  Sets me off every time, like -- I really hope California doesn't actually "fall into the ocean," and you can make it stop now, Lord, 'kay?    :)   

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »

Well I live over here on the east side of the Mississippi coast, was thinking late yesterday that we had made it through without more than some rain and light gusts. The power has remain on too, thankful for that. But we had hard rain most of the night, seems we are caught in one of those feeder bands pumping rain as it comes in. We are not in a flood zone, but are in a situation where rainfail can accumulate if we get enough in a short period of time, and that's what is happening. It is now as high as I have ever seen it and it's raining hard with much more on the way  :-\

Right now we are kind of stuck as the water is too high on the driveway to drive out, my daughter is due to deliver any day...

Anyway I would be thankful for your prayers.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 09:51:26 AM »

YIKES! The back of the house just flooded!

Kat

virginiabm

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »

Kat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. When waves are over our heads there are under His feet. My prayer is that God will keep you and your family save through the storm.

May God be with and yours,

Virginia

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 12:23:34 PM »

We are safe and in no real danger. We have a back room that was added on the house and is a little lowere than the rest, that got water in it. So the rest of the main house is still dry, but it's real close to coming in here too. It's an iffy thing right now, when the rain stops it starts to go down, then it starts to rain again...

Kat

p.s. power is still on  :D

eggi

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »

Praying for those who are affected by Isaac.
Must be frightening, I remember last Christmas when we had a storm with the strongest wind blast measured at 64,7 m/s (143 mph). We were at my parents' cabin in the mountains not very far from where the strongest wind was measured. A frightening experience. Me and my wife (foolishly) decided to go outside to get an idea of how the winds felt, and as we came around the corner of the cabin, my wife was literally blown away! I managed to grab her arm, and we got back around the corner, and went back inside. So much for our excursion. Back inside we stayed awake until the storm calmed down, I just couldn't go to sleep seeing how the window glass bulged inwards.

God be with you as you ride the storm off.

Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Gina

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »

Sometimes I am so grateful I don't own a home, Kat.  I really hope there's no damage to your home.

Eirik. :o   I certainly would have had no idea just how terrifying those strong winds can be.  A close call for your wife who was about to do "The Elijah."  ;D  Windows bulging...I've seen that and you're right - not a sight for sore eyes.

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 09:36:50 AM »

Hope everyone is ok!
Elaine

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

Still windy and overcast here in Mobile - I want this thing out of here

Gina

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 09:36:36 PM »

Still windy and overcast here in Mobile - I want this thing out of here

... and there was a great calm.

You're in my prayers too Dennis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 24 queries.