bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mortals resurrected still Mortal?  (Read 3842 times)

newgene87

Mortals resurrected still Mortal?
« on: August 26, 2012, 07:23:11 PM »

So I was reading the first installment of the Lake of Fire and ran across this statement of Ray describing the judgement

"The dead, small and great" are mortals resurrected to judgment and are still mortal. Therefore physical fire will BURN THEM UP, hence there can be NO torture or torment for ever and ever."

I'm wondering, was this a typo on his part? He quoted the scripture in this paper which spoke of the state of those resurrected. Not the fact of the "physical fire" - I understand it's "figurative" and "spiritual" fire which will consume these; but they shouldn't be mortal right? I 

1 Corinthians 15:42, 44, 53
"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption.... it is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.... For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."

So, aren't those "dead, small and great, STANDING before God..." resurrected??? And wouldn't they be resurrected with a spiritual body, incorruptible, and immortal body?? So are we judged as mortals/Judged Mortal or Resurrected Immortal AND THEN judged in the (spiritual) Lake of Fire, the Second Death??

Just "paying attention to the words" and seeking more understanding.

Eugene

newgene87

Re: Mortals resurrected still Mortal?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »

ah hah, one of the few papers i have not officially read yet. Thanks John. Keep me in Prayer as I embark on this journey ;)

Eugene
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.