bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 3:16 Loved  (Read 5153 times)

dave

John 3:16 Loved
« on: September 27, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It says in Strong's that "loved" is in the "Perfect  Participal Passive"  I have been looking on the net to help me understand what that is and( it's Greek to me(haha) but from what I can gather from the net and  Strong's G25 that it is "To Love" which for me it says God "IS now" loving.
I know Ray spoke of this. I have looked in all my translations and they all read "loved, as past" As an example, Joh 15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. Same G25 and I would not see that love, in the "past tense." Thanks for any help.

Kat

Re: John 3:16 Loved
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »

Hi micah7:9,

It's in the Concordant.

John 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dave

Re: John 3:16 Loved
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:54:48 PM »

Hi micah7:9,

It's in the Concordant.

John 3:16 For thus God loves the world, so that He gives His only-begotten Son, that everyone who is believing in Him should not be perishing, but may be having life eonian."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Yep. I just didn't see it the first time. Thanks again. Can you help explain anymore a " Perfect Participial Passive?"

Deborah-Leigh

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.