bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "trinity"  (Read 3809 times)

gregorydc

"trinity"
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:24:21 PM »

I was just reading Ray's paper on "is God a closed trinity or an open family" and it occurred to me that (after I watched a movie this weekend "clash of the Titans") the "trinity" seems to be the same in "church" as in Greco-Roman culture. They seem to use three brothers as gods Zeus, Neptune, Hades as the "godheads" over the world. Could this be where the "christian church" brought this concept from?
Just curious
Greg

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: "trinity"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:41:00 PM »

I doubt it, after Jesus came along they thought they needed a way to explain more than one God.  The trinity was their answer.

Craig

onelovedread

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »

Brilliant, JFK!

newgene87

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »

Plato in his writings teaches a tripartite nature of God.  Plato used the word logos to describe the 2nd "person" of this godhead.

In the early centuries of the christian churches, certain teachers merged Platonic philosophy with the New Testament and produced the false trinity teachings.

Later, in the Middle Ages the teachings of Aristotle were merged with christian thought.

Thus, you have a healthy dollop of pagan Greek philosophy mixed in with the modern false christianity teachings, along with a twisted understanding of the actual Hebrew and Greek scriptures, with a strong base of ancient Egyptian and Babylonian myths.

That's why we have to come out of the world's religious systems.  They're all screwed up!

This is truly brilliant. The trinity was the foundational reason i started seeking the truth. it never made sense to me, no matter how many different preachers stried to explain it to me. the biggest deal is that the word is not even in the bible. But Greg, i see where you coming from. After watching the movie, "Immortals", which relates to "clash of the titans" -- it seems the thought of God comes from Greek mythology. That "Zeus" is god. (did he make humans?? idk much about greek mythology) and he watches over humans. he cant interfere with men, and they must make their own choices by their free will, which he gave them AND man can even challenge the God (or the gods). At least that was my thinking growing up, coming out of the church system. Truly, it's all foolish and misinterpretations. The source of all this was also part of after the new testament was written, out of fervent hatred of the Jews, they tried to deny any type of Jewish thinking (God is One, sabbath day, etc) and hebraic interpretation. Trinity, concept of God, even certain thinking of Jesus has it's root in Greek mythology which comes from Egypt. That's why im so thankful for this Site, the Scriptures and this forum :)

truly, "the time HAS COME they will not bear sound teaching; but according to their own lusts will heap up to theselves teachers, having an itching ear; and they will turn away their ear from the truth, and will have turned aside to fables." (2Tim 4:3-4)

Eugene

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:29 AM »

I thought I remembered where Ray had touched on this and finally found this that might help.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html -----------------------------

THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IS THE ROMAN CHURCH

Make no mistake about it, the Protestant Church has and always will bow to the authority of the Roman Church. No matter how many adjustments, additions, or deletions they make to their Roman heritage, they are still, nonetheless, Roman to the core. Every time you open your King James Bible and believe that it’s pages are "inerrant," you bow to the Catholic Church.

I said that "everlasting punishment" is NOT SCRIPTURAL, but is based on the Latin word aeternus which comes directly out of the Catholic Vulgate Bible.

The Catholic Church, that is the Roman Church, came out of pagan Rome. And the Romans celebrated the day of the sun as a day of festivities and pagan worship. It is therefore only natural that the Roman Church should adopt this pagan day of worship just as many other Roman aspects of pagan worship were incorporated into the Roman Catholic Church, and then passed onto the Protestant Churches.

The Lord’s Day, Sunday, is not Scriptural, nor is it Protestant. It is Roman Catholic:

All of the worst religious teachings of pagan Rome, are still in the Christian Church. The major Christian doctrines of, who is man, what is man, what is man’s purpose on earth, and what is man’s eternal destiny, are believed by Catholics and Protestants alike, and all of them are pagan to the core. And all of them came from pagan Egypt, through pagan Greece, through pagan Rome, into the Church of Rome, through the King James Bible, and into the homes and lives of billions of unsuspecting Christians worldwide.
-----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.