bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "AT the UNVEILING" and "in the DAY OF THE LORD"!  (Read 3841 times)

Ian 155

"AT the UNVEILING" and "in the DAY OF THE LORD"!
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:28:51 AM »

Is this a day for all who are believing or does this imply that the unveiling can occur at different times in different hearts/minds - by revelation to us who believe.

I.O.W. - This event [unveiling]may occur in you before it occurs in me ?

May be a dorf question ?

more specific,

This day is described as: "the unveiling of the Lord ... from heaven ... with powerful messengers ... in flaming fire ... dealing out vengeance ... coming to be glorified ... to be marveled at in all" (II Thes. 1:7-10).

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:34:32 AM by Ian 155 »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: "AT the UNVEILING" and "in the DAY OF THE LORD"!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:43:07 AM »

As best I can understand, the "Day of the Lord" is specifically the reign of Christ on the earth.  Even this reign has a beginning and an end.  It has already begun in the lives of those He is chosing, who are being judged now.  "Now" is in the sense of in the lives of every believer in every generation, many dead, some still alive, and that will continue until resurrection.  So, yes, it 'occurs at different times'.

It appears from what Jesus said that even after resurrection it occurs at different times, since the harlots and publicans 'enter in' before the Pharisees, and salvation comes to each in his own turn.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ian 155

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:08:55 AM »

So this is not a collective occurence and has nothing to do with .. " in the twinkling of an eye" but refers to the Dead IN Christ and Those Alive IN Christ only ? is this gathering in the clouds LITERAL then ? if so that would be something to behold.If figurative what is your understanding of the "clouds"

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:41:56 PM »

Hi Ian.  I'm not the one you want to talk to about what happens at the end of the age.  Usually, I avoid the subject like the plague.

I'll post this from Ray and maybe it will help.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm#preterist

As for the resurrection, the 'twinkling of the eye' is ALSO experienced by the dead, even if they have been dead 2000 years.  Nobody experiences 'death', though most will experience dying.  There is no knowledge in death.  As far as the dead are concerned, 'in a moment, in the twinkling of the eye', they were alive, and then they are alive.

I believe, and I believe Ray teaches that ...the Lord Himself will be descending from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the Chief Messenger, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ shall be rising first and thereupon we, the living who are surviving, shall at the same time be snatched away together with them in clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And thus shall we always be together with the Lord...is an actual future event.

However, the 'descending of the Lord from Heaven with a shout' and all these other things also happen in the lives of every believer Spiritually.  That's my only concern, personally.  In fact it may well be the case that, if they DON"T happen, then that person is not 'in Christ' at all, so this scripture does not apply to them. 

I'm going with what Ray said above, and letting the 'futurists' and 'preterists' and the many flavors of both tribes duke it out with Hagee and Lindsey and Scoffield and company.  It's one of the 'sexiest' subjects out there.  Maybe once they get it all worked out, they can tell me what I'm supposed to do with that information.  But I doubt it.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:30:03 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.