bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A testimony to the Wisdom and Awesomeness of our Creator  (Read 6374 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
A testimony to the Wisdom and Awesomeness of our Creator
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:51:47 PM »

What you are about to see, goes on, on a daily basis inside your body, within microscopic cells a million, trillion times a second. As I shared on my facebook;

For anyone who knows little of biology or the complexities of the human body, I CHALLENGE you, NO I DARE YOU, to WATCH THIS VIDEO. If this video doesn't blow your mind away, then I don't know what will. I think, it is without a doubt, shown

in this video, that a creator MUST exist. All you see is happening inside your body, a million trillion times a second in millions of cells without you having to say a thing or even think a thought. And all these things function together, in harmony, to bring about a being with thoughts, feelings, ideas, desires and dreams. One that can intern, look inside itself to see the inner workings of the most complicated and sophisticated piece of machinery that has ever and probably ever will, have existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJyUtbn0O5Y

If you are not awe-struck by this then... I don't know what to tell you. As a cell bio major, this stuff blows me away daily and is a huge reason why I know without a doubt, that a creator exists. The science points right at Him and as He wisely declared to us; "The FOOL has said in his heart, there is no God." A FOOL indeed.

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:54:20 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

levycarneiro

Re: A testimony to the Wisdom and Awesomeness of our Creator
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »

Thanks, awesome video!

Life in all its complexity demands a Creator. Very good Scriptures citation.

gregorydc

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:46 PM »

What a marvelous video. You are correct how could something so complex as an individual cell ever be mistaken as a random act?

Gina

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:23:50 AM »

I love that... love cellular biology.   The times we are fortunate to live in today just blows my mind.  I imagine the things that we have yet to learn and that, too, blows my mind. 

God's a mind-blower. :)

Thanks Alex.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 01:58:39 AM »

Hey all,

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

As someone whose been studying this for the majority of his life, i am still blown away everyday by the complexities and just plain beauty of our creation, even on the microscopic, no, smaller than microscopic! Studying is one thing but seeing it all put together like that is just mind blowing. I am awe struck! What you saw also, was just a small portion of the many daily activities and beyond microscopic structures and organic structures that exist and function within cells. Many cells are also specialized such as neurons which can carry and send electrical signals. The complexity is absolutely stupifying.

That little moving protein that looked like a little person walking, carrying a giant blue ball. That is actually a MOTOR PROTEIN and they REALLY DO look like that and perform in that mannor, completely autonomic and on their own. They are known as Kinesin and Dynesin motor proteins. They can shuttle vesicles (to release their cargo content outside the cells) or organelles (cellular versions of organs) to their destination. They do this on a protein highway, known as Micro tubules,which polymerize and depolymerize entirely on their own, by under going conformational changes which alter their structure causing them to "move" one "foot" at a time. The microtubule not only acts as a motor highway but it also acts as cellular framework or support structures along with other intermediate filaments for the cell.

The cell is really an amazing piece of machinery with complexities unrivaled in the human world or by anything man made.

As has been said; "If there is a God, he's definitely a scientist!"

Makes a little more sense in this context eh? The ultimate scientist ;)

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:01:57 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Gina

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 04:21:12 AM »

That little moving protein that looked like a little person walking, carrying a giant blue ball. That is actually a MOTOR PROTEIN and they REALLY DO look like that and perform in that mannor, completely autonomic and on their own. They are known as Kinesin and Dynesin motor proteins. They can shuttle vesicles (to release their cargo content outside the cells) or organelles (cellular versions of organs) to their destination. They do this on a protein highway, known as Micro tubules,which polymerize and depolymerize entirely on their own, by under going conformational changes which alter their structure causing them to "move" one "foot" at a time. The microtubule not only acts as a motor highway but it also acts as cellular framework or support structures along with other intermediate filaments for the cell.

Yes, I was looking at that thing going, huh?  That can't be actually how it works...    But you answered that question for me.  That is too cool for school. :)

Thanks again.  Keep those bad boys coming...

Extol

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »

Alex,
 I'm much more of a History guy than a Science guy. Ever since I was a kid, I've enjoyed gazing at the stars and finding constellations, reading about their origins/stories, etc. But then I took an astronomy class, and I was disappointed with how scientific/mathematical it was. I like flowers, trees, and animals, but I only took Biology because it was a requirement, and I didn't like it.
 This video is awesome to see. It is awesome for you because you know what's going on, but it's also awesome for people like me, because we can see how it works without having to trudge our way through all the cytoplasms and androeciums of a biology textbook. Thanks for sharing!  8)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »

Yes, I was looking at that thing going, huh?  That can't be actually how it works...    But you answered that question for me.  That is too cool for school. :)

Thanks again.  Keep those bad boys coming...

Yes ma'am. That video is true to the workings of this little guy, here is a link to Kinesin motor protein.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesin

Dynesin is the counter to Kinesin and moves the cargo in the opposite direction, otherwise they are the same. Kinesin moves things from the cell interior to it's exterior. In the positive direction while his brother/sister Dynesin moves things from the negative end to the positive end (peripheral region of the cell to it's center near the nucleus.)

You can probably youtube some video's on these guys too if you want to see them in action some more or if you're interested in more detail about them!

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:01 PM »

You know Alex, seeing that and comprehending that there is this whole other world right within us, so near, but so far, as it is microscopic. So when I can realize this other complicated 'realm' that I can't see, it makes me think how much greater the spiritual realm must be, that we can not see either. I mean there is so much in that video that is going on right under our noses, that we have no idea about, not really, so it is with the spiritual realm, to a much greater degree though I think.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »

Size is the greatest barrier to the physical world, what if we are just a part of a cell in something else's body?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 04:46:39 PM »

Jesse,

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. Math and science isn't so bad my friend. It does hurt though, the math part at least.. Physics can be a drag at times though, atleast MCAT physics >.>

Timed pressure sucks!

Kat,

Very astute observation and I agree completely. The spiritual realm has got to be out of this world! Pun intended ;)

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »

A cool video, but some commentary in the video explaining what we are actually looking at as it progresses would be extremely helpful to our understanding.  To the layman, without explanations, it is a cool animation with a musical background, and I have seen plenty of those.  Guess I'll put it on the shelf beside my Fantasia video.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:53:21 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

levycarneiro

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »

Size is the greatest barrier to the physical world, what if we are just a part of a cell in something else's body?

To quote Matrix, then maybe we are a virus that destroys everything it touches (Nature) :)

zvezda

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 04:02:29 PM »

To quote Matrix, then maybe we are a virus that destroys everything it touches (Nature) :)

to quote The Fifth Element
Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.  :P

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 07:55:59 PM »

to quote The Fifth Element
Leeloo: Everything you create, you use to destroy.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, we call it human nature.  :P

LOL, great quote.

To Fester;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKW4F0Nu-UY&feature=related

Here is an 8 minute version with the naming of the parts of the cell you are looking at. If you want to know what that specific part does though, you would have to google it and look it up.

Or perhaps, if I'm feeling adventurous enough, ill go through the video, label the time and label what you are looking at detailing its function to help those who want a better understanding of the video besides flash colors ;)

Ill edit my post later and do that if God wills.

God bless,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.