bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: scriptural quoting  (Read 7435 times)

Gina

Re: scriptural quoting
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 01:46:33 AM »

Memorizing is good but as Gina said, PRINCIPLES are key. And that's how we "rightly divide the word of truth

Rightly dividing -- that is it in a nutshell because otherwise, it's twisting the scripture to our destruction. 

iT cLIckSsS!!  FInALly!!  (Only 10 years!! That didn't take forever-nooooo!!!  LOL) 

Thank youuuuu  ~Eugene~

Okay, back on target....

acomplishedartis

Re: scriptural quoting
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 04:04:33 AM »

Even so my last comment suggested that we should memorize things more. I don't know many verses by memory.

I can clearly see that great intelligence doesn't equal great wisdom. Still, we most work the best with the limited brains that we have (relatively speaking).

I agree about learning principles and concepts and structures, more than just repeating and memorizing without assimilating.

And then on the other side of the coin. I think that actually learning by memory the certain scriptures that contain the

certain special Principles (like the ones that talk about the lake of fire and their spiritual meaning, and the ones about the salvation of all, etc...) would be a very good idea, even more if we ever decide to give a good answer to those who ask and care to listen to us.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.