bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom of the heavens suffers violence"  (Read 13668 times)

newgene87

Kingdom of the heavens suffers violence"
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »

Finally reminded of another verse I am CONPLETELY confused over; what did Jesus mean by these verses????

Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

What is the meaning of the kingdom in connection with violence? And men "pressing into it"?? The only time I've heard this expounded was justifying "violence" among believers....and that seems so carnal. So seeking a truthful mean. Maybe Ray has spoke on it. Thanks everyone

Eugene

Gina

Re: Kingdom of the heavens suffers violence"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »

Ray never spoke on this specifically. 

Sounds like Jesus is speaking to the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the scribes and everyone:  "Every man is forcing his way into it."  Or maybe he was speaking to only the men?

At first I thought He was pointing to the pharisees, sadducees and scribes, since he spoke of violence; seeing how the pharisees were always seeking something on Him to get Him out of their way so they could get on with "business" as usual.  But then you'd have to get out your big black magic marker and line through "every man is forcing his way into it."

Ray spoke of the crowds and how Jesus was constantly just mobbed...

GUILTY OF ALL excerpt:

But there’s even more than that. Actually you’re getting to it now. First let’s notice who He is addressing here. Let’s go back to the beginning, to chapter 5, where this whole sermon on the mount begins.

Matt. 5:1  And seeing the multitudes, He (Jesus) went up on a mountain...

He always went up into the mountains to get away from the crowds. I mean it isn’t like He didn’t like the valleys, the valleys are fine, He did it to get away from the crowds. You see it in every sense portrayed in the movies. Jesus Christ from the time He started His ministry was mobbed day and night for the rest of His life. Do you know that?

You see Him in the movies and you watch these TV shows about Christ, you see Him walking down the road with His twelve apostles, just talking. Walking through the village or down the street. No, that’s not the way it was. He was always mobbed! He couldn’t walk, He couldn’t get through the crowds sometimes. Why?  [Comment from attendee: Because He healed everybody.]  Exactly.

I mean if He were out there walking down the street... if someone told me, there was this guy healing people down in Nashville and before that He was healing people over in Montgomery or Birmingham. I would be, let me out of here. I’d say, Lord I’ve got these knees and ankles and You know all this stuff. He healed people by the thousands and thousands. All His ministry, all He did was heal people, and they just pressed Him.

The only way He could get away was to go up in the mountains or go out in a ship, to get away from the crowds. You know you can only take that for so many hours a day and you got to get away. Usually He Would sneak up in a mountain someplace. They would be, 'where did He go.' They would hang around because He would be back and then they would bring some more sick people, because that was the way it was.

"When His disciples came unto Him" (Matt 5:1). He was up there in the mountains with only His disciples. Now understand Christ only talked to the masses in parables. But that doesn’t mean He didn’t also talk to His disciples in parables. He certainly did

( http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3709.msg29049.html#msg29049 )

Gina

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 12:52:57 AM »

(Side note:  Every time I read those transcripts of Ray's audios I start to well up a little.  It's amazing that someone was kind enough to take the time to type these articles up.  I know the amount of work that went into that task alone and I'm just so grateful.)

Ian 155

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:17:55 AM »

There is a relation between seek and force  The God in you forces you by whatever means to take what is yours - I know this does not always work out in our idea of time,PLEASE GIVE ME WISDOM verses IN YOUR TIME Lord, but once the desire is seated within you than nothing the deceiver can say or do would make a difference to your "every step you take" - because it will be given to you, remember "Gift" and children...

My youngest wanted me to change her school,this was virtually impossible due to our location ,money - cost of books new uniform and the 1st response from the school being WE ARE FULL NO YOU CANT place your daughter in our school. I left it at that,then Rebecca my daughter would come and show me her status [on her phone] her present school was the school that turned us down,that got me stirred "how can you tell everyone you are in that school YOU are NOT" [My Misunderstanding was she wanted to be with her primary school friends]

Every day she would ask me if I had heard from that school? I would promptly say "you know the answer" Rebecca its "NO".Long story short, I got a phone call from the school out of the blue,asking me in to an interview there had been 2 kids that had left and so I went in knowing, with my current financial status that this was an interview that I knew the outcome was not going to happen albeit the new school accept them. [ I was there at the interview, my mind was made up, My appearance at the meeting was window dressing on my part - think about the extra fuel the traffic,the early waking up, no, my mind was made up - no way] - I went anyway and sat down and the headmaster quizzed me on her sport which is good,her academics were below average and he drilled me on all relative topics, in closing he asked me if Her brother in the same grade wanted the school as well I said yyyes I had no idea how i was going to fund this but they were accepted. [Got My Mind Unmade]

I have recently found out the both my son and daughter in the same grade [8] were  both selected for the 1st team in the old school but were not allowed to play in those teams, that is rugby and hockey due to what the teachers call intimidation -

The older girls and boys [higher graders] would not take kindly to being pushed out of the team ahead of my 2 youngsters even if it was on merit -

Now all things, are opening up to them and the 2 are doing great, both have been accepted on leadership camps and they are so much happier - 14 year old girls are extreeeemly forceful.

Regarding the finances, I have no idea, but like Rebecca told me "that's not my Problem that's yours" as we speak they are leaving on a leadership camp with new sleeping bags,school uniforms paid for and books so in this instance "God you amaZe me " How .... Duh

Being forceful in relation to attaining the Kingdom, is NOT OUR PROBLEM

you will be invited to an interview ... and will say "what was all the fuss"

BTW Michael Rebecca's brother was sent home for 3 days after being in the school 1 day , for fighting - [Highley embarresing for me, given the interview with the headmaster and his strict stipulations]

explanation - he was protecting someone he did not even know, from a bunch of bullies, that too turned out for his good and Gods glory as leadership qualities seem to have been recognised ...

The Violence in your quoted scripture appears to have nothing to do with the physical realm

Ian

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:36:30 PM »

Hi Eugene,

Luke 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Mat 11:12  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

Mat 11:12 Now, from the days of John the baptist hitherto, the kingdom of the heavens is being violently forced and the violent are snatching it." (CLV)

The thing that occurs to me is if you look at the church and think how they are acting towards salvation, they think it is theirs to claim or "snatch" as the concordant said it. They have this 'free will' you know and therefore salvation is theirs for the taking. How wrong they are.

The church has a long history of violence and believe that by whatever means is necessary they have to 'save' people from hell. They do "press into it," but do they obtain it?

Mat 15:7-9  Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, "This people draws near to Me with their mouth, and honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

John 6:44  No one can come to Me unless the Father who has sent Me draw him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:36:36 AM by Kat »

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »

What is the meaning of the kingdom in connection with violence? And men "pressing into it"??

Mat 11:12  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence[G971], and the violent[G973 from G971] take it by force.

Luk 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth[G971] into it.

Hi Eugene.

First and foremost,when Scripture can define the meaning of a word or words from within Scripture itself,I always use that meaning of said words to define what is being said,matching Spiritual with Spiritual.

1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The Spiritual interpretation of the words in Scripture themselves should always take precedence, meaning,how does the word in the verses being read relate to how that same word is used elsewhere in Scripture. After all,God is not the author of confusion.

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace...

When I'm not understanding a word or words in Scripture, I always go to esword and do a word search/study to see how said word/words were used in their literal meanings,I then ask God to show me how those words should be interpreted in connection with their Spiritual meaning,after all, is not His words Spirit?. It takes some work, but with the help of the Spirit,the outcome is well worth it.

Joh 6:63...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I think from the following you should be able to see what the intended usage of the words in question mean...

From  Strong's concordance:
G971
βιάζω
biazō
bee-ad'-zo
From G970; to force, that is, (reflexively) to crowd oneself (into), or (passively) to be seized: - press, suffer violence.

From  King James concordance:
 G971
βιάζω
biazō
Total KJV Occurrences: 3
presseth, 1
Luk_16:16
suffereth, 1
Mat_11:12
violence, 1
Mat_11:12 (2)

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 03:14:06 PM »

I wonder if we don't over think some things and make them more complex than needed ?  Paul spoke of the simplicity in Christ.

In Matt 11:2, John is in prison.  Herod arresting John and throwing him in prison (later chopping off his head) is a violent act.

In Matt 11:12, Jesus is commenting upon the violent aspect of John's arrest.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 06:51:46 PM by John from Kentucky »

newgene87

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »

Thanks to everyone for their input. Ian, thanks for the "parable" like experience you shared ;), I'm knocking on the spiritual connection there.  Thank you kat and Gina. I will use those scriptures to pray and grow in this enigma. And thanks Mark for the reminder. you went over every spiritual step I cover in my head. Ray teaches me that in just about every paper I read. With EVERY verse of scripture I go through the steps in the "12 Truths" and the foundational truths - always upholding Christ words are spiritual. I have an companion bible with commentaries and word studies, a strongs concordance, Esword, olivetree -- I have the tools but nothing beats the wisdom I get from here on things I may miss. Im a fervent student of the scriptures, i study everyday (literally) but there are things that i will miss and this site is that gap. And ill continue to pray on it. Kat I believe you uncovered something I was missing. I just don't see how the "KINGDOM" is suffering violence - I would understand if he said the "church" suffers violence. I wil look deeper and continue to "match spiritual with spiritual".

Eugene

newgene87

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »

I wonder if don't over think some things and make them more complex than needed ?  Paul spoke of the simplicity in Christ.

In Matt 11:2, John is in prison.  Herod arresting John and throwing him in prison (later chopping off his head) is a violent act.

Thanks John. I will look into that. But if there was this such simplicity why is "The Rich Man and Lazarus" parable have such an LENGTHY explaination??? And Jesus repeated, he that has ears to hear, let him hear....wouldn't that take some effort to grasp things? And Jesus spoke in ways that no one would understand - and we live in a time where translations, church heresies, and false doctrines have covered the "simplicity" in Christ.... And wondering, how is "violent men taking it(the kingdom of the heavens) BY FORCE??".  I will continue to seek and ask :)

Eugene

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

I wonder if don't over think some things and make them more complex than needed ?  Paul spoke of the simplicity in Christ.

Thanks John. I will look into that. But if there was this such simplicity why is "The Rich Man and Lazarus" parable have such an LENGTHY explaination??? And Jesus repeated, he that has ears to hear, let him hear....wouldn't that take some effort to grasp things? And Jesus spoke in ways that no one would understand - and we live in a time where translations, church heresies, and false doctrines have covered the "simplicity" in Christ.... And wondering, how is "violent men taking it(the kingdom of the heavens) BY FORCE??".  I will continue to seek and ask :)

Eugene

The most important thing in understanding scripture is the Spirit of God.  Not concordances, translations, or human explanation.

Wasn't Ray's article on Lazarus and the Rich Man easy to understand?  It was very easy if God's Spirit guided ones reading and understanding.

"...Not by might nor by power , but by my Spirit says the LORD Almighty." Zech. 4:6
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:04:51 PM by John from Kentucky »

Gina

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 10:20:25 PM »

Eugene, you ask good (read: challenging) questions.  I love digging for the answers to your questions.  For obvious reasons I'm always a little hesitant to answer the questions when I know Ray hasn't specifically addressed the subject. 

You know, Ray spoke of the "Kingdom of the HeavenS" here:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6142.msg49588.html -----------

HEAVEN OF THE HEAVENS

So what is the kingdom? We are the kingdom of God. We are the kingdom of the heavens. Where does God reside? In heaven. God resides in heaven, but it is not called the kingdom of heaven in the Greek, you can check Rotherham and all those, it’s kingdom of the heavens, plural. We are the temple of God. God resides in His temple God resides in heaven. We are the heaven in which God resides, where He dwells. But don’t get to haughty, because the Scriptures say, not even all the heaven of the heavens can contain Him.

2Chron 6:18  …Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You.  How much less this temple which I have built!

But never the less it is true, He does dwell in the heavens. But they can’t even contain Him, He’s bigger than that. But He does dwell in His heavens, we are His heavens, we are His spiritual kingdom. But it does not yet appear what we shall be, we only have the earnest, down payment of His spirit.

Eph 1:14  which is an earnest of our inheritance, unto the redemption of God's own possession, unto the praise of his glory.

We have the down payment, but John says we will eventually see Him as He is, because we will be like Him. We will be like Jesus Christ. 

1John 3:2  Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

So we are the kingdom of God. Christ is going to return with a kingdom. What does He return with?  What is the symbolism of how Christ returns? He returns on, what is He riding? A white horse. Is anybody with Him? An army. Are they walking? They are riding on white horses too.

Rev 19:14  And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

What is that army? The kingdom of God... IT'S US
! We are coming with Him, He is going to gather US up. Gather up what? His army, His kingdom! 

Someone above pointed out that John the Baptist suffered violence.
Jesus suffered violence.  (Ray pointed out that Jesus was "mobbed" -- know what it means to be "mobbed"?)

Paul did a lot of violence.

It's also spiritual like someone else said above.  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God. (Acts ch. 14)

But you specifically asked about this:

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.  Some translations read:  every man forces his OWN WAY into it.

But just like in Ray's fireman analogy, no one will get into the Kingdom ANY way or their OWN way, no; there's only ONE way anyone's entering and that is God's way - through Jesus Christ.

It also sounds like the people were so glad to be set free from Law of Moses that they were suddenly without restraint of any kind -- like caged animals just let loose.

Who knows -- maybe they thought to themselves (like Eve did), I'm gonna get in as quick as I can and I'm gonna take this shortcut, and I don't care if I trample on that person or elbow this person -- I'm getting in! 

Was Jesus saying they were climbing up some other way:    Truly, truly, I say to you, He that enters not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbs up some OTHER WAY, the same is a thief and a robber.  John 10:1

Maybe it would help to read the entire chapter of Luke 16:

1 And he said also to his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused to him that he had wasted his goods.

2 And he called him, and said to him, How is it that I hear this of you? give an account of your stewardship; for you may be no longer steward.

3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord takes away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.

4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.

5 So he called every one of his lord's debtors to him, and said to the first, How much owe you to my lord?

6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said to him, Take your bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.

7 Then said he to another, And how much owe you? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said to him, Take your bill, and write fourscore.

8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

9 And I say to you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when you fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.

10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

11 If therefore you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?

12 And if you have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.

15 And he said to them, You are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knows your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presses into it.

17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one pronunciation mark of the law to fail.

18 Whoever puts away his wife, and marries another, commits adultery: and whoever marries her that is put away from her husband commits adultery.

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and sees Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and you are tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from there.

27 Then he said, I pray you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brothers; that he may testify to them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

29 Abraham said to him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, No, father Abraham: but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent.

31 And he said to him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Do you see anything surrounding the verse you're questioning that supports anything that anyone here has said?

And lastly, I believe the reason it doesn't say "the church suffered violence" is because there really wasn't a "church" in the truest sense of the word at that time.  There was the "lost sheep of the house of Israel," there were synagogues, but not "churches."  It was upon this rock (PETER) that Jesus would build His church (or the kingdom of the heavenS).

I hope that was of some assistance to you my dear son.  :)

Gina

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 11:32:46 PM »

But if there was this such simplicity why is "The Rich Man and Lazarus" parable have such an LENGTHY explaination???

I second that. 

But there is simplicity in Jesus Who is our rest.  That's why none of us had to try to figure that parable out.  It was just given to us.  It is as if God said, Okay, you all just sit down, just relax, and this man Ray will explain to you the meaning of that parable. 

Just like when Jesus instructed the starving multitudes to recline and then He took the loaves and fishes and blessed them and then handed them back to His disciples who were commissioned by Jesus to then feed it all to the multitudes. :)   

We didn't have to lift a finger.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »

I think the answer is in the parable of the little kids.

Mat 11:16-19 Now to what shall I be likening this generation? Like is it to little boys and girls sitting in the markets, who, shouting to the others, are saying, 'We flute to you and you do not dance! We wail and you do not grieve!'"

For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they are saying, 'A demon has he!'"  The Son of Mankind came eating and drinking, and they are saying, 'Lo! a man gluttonous and a tippler, a tribute collectors' and sinners' friend!' And justified was Wisdom by her acts.

Poor little children.  They try to call the shots, but the 'others' won't do what they say!   :'(   >:(    Little Johnny the Baptist doesn't dance, and that Jesus kid doesn't grieve!!  John has a demon, and Jesus is a glutton and a tippler and friends with bad people.  I'm telling!!   >:(   

Sounds to me like 'bullying', petulance and 'name-calling' that just doesn't work on those two.  "Oh boy, will they pay for that!" 

Sound familiar?  Ever been in the market with the fluters and wailers?  Ever been a fluter or wailer?

Maybe that's the violence the Kingdom suffers.  It's certainly been the violence I've suffered.  It's also some of the violence I've caused other people to suffer.

When a passage confuses you, keep reading.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:31:38 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »

The good news is, even though the Kingdom suffers violence against it and the violent take it by force:

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?  Romans 8:31

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.  (Matthew 16:18)

(Thanks for that, Dave. ;) )

onelovedread

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 02:07:07 AM »

I like this thread as it has brought out some wonderful postings. And it has made me think about the process of understanding the word.
Ray in an email says:
Unfortunately, we can not often learn the meaning of Scriptures from Strong's Lexicon. We learn from God by comparing Scripture with Scripture, spiritual with spiritual, and only then by the inspiration of His Spirit.
and in another email:
Now I have mediated on this grand theme for at least a few thousand hours.....
I find that challenging and inspiring. And added to that he (Ray) has left us such a wealth of teaching.

Dave wrote:"When a passage confuses you, keep reading." To that I add Ray's advice to meditate on it for several  hours never forgetting to apply the 12 Truths to Understanding His Word.

Joel

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 02:22:41 AM »

I can see that when God brought John the Baptist on the scene it upset everyone that didn't have their eyes opened to the fact that The Lord Jesus Christ was the Savour that was promised to come.
From that time the Christian era has been full of all manner of violence both physical, and spiritual.
Paul tells Christians to put on the Whole Amour of God he refers to in Ephesians 6.

Another scripture that comes to mind is; Philippians 3, especially verses 13-14.
13-Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14- I PRESS toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Joel

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »

i am thinking that the two verses you quoted eugene are prophetic.  speaking of Jesus Christ himself.  he did come on the scene about the time of john the baptist, to begin His ministry.

claudia

Ian 155

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 06:54:14 AM »

Most kids are demanding/forcefull, which we usually frown apon, this I think may be our key ...

unless we become as "little" children -

bpenelli

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 09:41:39 AM »

Matthew 11 (The Message)

11-14 "Let me tell you what's going on here: No one in history surpasses John the Baptizer; but in the kingdom he prepared you for, the lowliest person is ahead of him. For a long time now people have tried to force themselves into God's kingdom. But if you read the books of the Prophets and God's Law closely, you will see them culminate in John, teaming up with him in preparing the way for the Messiah of the kingdom. Looked at in this way, John is the 'Elijah' you've all been expecting to arrive and introduce the Messiah.
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Marky Mark

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »

I just don't see how the "KINGDOM" is suffering violence - I would understand if he said the "church" suffers violence.

Hey Eugene.

If you are truly of the church of God and being called and chosen and faithful unto the end, then would you not believe that the kingdom of God is within you...now?

Eph 1:13 In whom [Him] ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance
until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Luk 17:20 And when he[Christ] was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Was not the suffering[violence]that Jesus went through for His kingdom,church [elect] the same violence[suffering] that we must all go through in being crucified with Him daily?(Joh 6:63...the words that I speak unto you,they are spirit...) Does not being seized and pressed daily by virtue of dying to self from the fire above,living for the Christ,cause one to be drawn[dragged] violently away from ones own 'self-righteous' evil ways?

By dying to self we will suffer the violence needed [to be seized and pressed...in suffering for Him...by the killing of that beast within] to enter into His kingdom, now,by the dying of our old man adam,and the putting on the new man,that is [Christ in us],thus bearing the fruit that leads to aionion life,which is His Spiritual fruit in us...now.

Mat 12:33  Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Joh 12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Php 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,

Luk 18:16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment[condemnation]: because as he is, so are we in this world.

We become that new man in Christ  when we learn obedience, by the things which we suffer, unto salvation.

Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9  And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

because we can now...

Col 1:24 ...rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.