bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Word and Angels  (Read 4135 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Word and Angels
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »

Hebrews 2:2 for if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast.... what word?  the column note refers to Acts7:53 "who have received the law by the direction of angels." 
I see where Acts comes into place as it says in Acts 7:30 "when forty years had passed, an Angel appeared to him (Moses) in a flame of fire in a bush..." All this time I thought God had appeared but it was an angel. This refers to the law and not the word or is this the same thing?

Where else has the word been spoken by angels?  I can't find the text right now but I think it made reference to angels and prophets, so the above cite (Hebrews) I don't think means prophets.

gregorydc

Re: The Word and Angels
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »

Hebrews 2:2 for if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast.... what word?  the column note refers to Acts7:53 "who have received the law by the direction of angels." 
I see where Acts comes into place as it says in Acts 7:30 "when forty years had passed, an Angel appeared to him (Moses) in a flame of fire in a bush..." All this time I thought God had appeared but it was an angel. This refers to the law and not the word or is this the same thing?

Where else has the word been spoken by angels?  I can't find the text right now but I think it made reference to angels and prophets, so the above cite (Hebrews) I don't think means prophets.
Hello,
as I have read on here before "it is all one" I believe it is. The word angels in the bible is also translated as messengers, therefore if you use that translation ,in my opinion, I believe that any book in the bible was given to us by "angels" so it kind of depends on how you see an angel.
just my opinion
Greg

newgene87

Re: The Word and Angels
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »

You probably found these verses already but I'll add

Acts 7:38
“This is the having been in the assembly  in the wilderness with the Angel speaking to him on Mount Sinai, and [with] our fathers, who received the living oracles to give to us

Galatians 3:19
19 What purpose then [does] the law [serve]? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it] appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

Moses was that mediator and prophet who spoke for God to the people- yet scripture shows Moses was with the angel/angels or better word, Messengers, to receive the living oracles of God. As Greg said, realize Angels/Messengers/or God speaking, they are One. So whether you go back and read Exodus 19-20 - know they are one. 

Hebrews 1:7
And of the angels He says:
“Who makes the angels of Him spirits
And the ministers of Him of fire a flame.”

So whether theres lightnings, thunders, smoke: they're one.

Hebrews 12:18-19
...and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard [it] begged that THE WORD should not be spoken to them anymore.

"in many parts and in many ways of old God spoke to the fathers..." (Hebrews 1:1)

Angels played a major role
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.