bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Gig  (Read 5810 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Best Gig
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:41:43 AM »

As a guitarist, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my guitar and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “I never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently, I’m still lost…

gregorydc

Re: Best Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »

At least your good works wont go unnoticed!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »

LOL.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

microlink

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:46 PM »

Very funny but with a message and meaning - thnaks

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »

I too weep daily for septic tanks all over the world  :'(
🤫

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »

CRAIG  your sense of humor  leaves me to bewilderment.  touching story  i think?

theophilus

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 04:59:46 PM »

Craig, I think God's spirit touched the hearts of the men gathered around. And He touched you too. May he rest in peace. Only God knows how this event is gonna affect the lives of these men in the future. And that's because you got there late and gave it your all. God bless you.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »

I appreciate the sentiments, but it was a joke :o  I've never sang and played a guitar in my life.  But I'm sure if I did someone would definitely cry.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »

I appreciate the sentiments, but it was a joke :o  I've never sang and played a guitar in my life.  But I'm sure if I did someone would definitely cry.

I'm crying just thinking about it

Rhys  ;)
🤫

theophilus

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »

Please record yourself playing and upload the file so we all can cry in unison! HAHAHAHA!

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 04:57:01 AM »

Hey Craig,

It seems that some of our number haven't yet caught on to your sense of humor.  8)  ::)
Perhaps they could go back over your history of messages and get a better idea of you unique funny bone.

I for one found your type of stories very enlightening and worthy of being shared with my family.

Ole Indiana Bob

se7en

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »

John, what do you mean Craig is not a real deputy sheriff????!!!   *gasp*

His picture is right on the forum! :) :)
~Se7en
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.